How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-04-2006
fashion insider

The first person I ever noticed with one is Behnaz Sarafpour. The only thing I want from Goyard is the Beluga bag in red. I adore it.

barneys.com

26-04-2006
backstage pass

Just got the e-mail from Goyard

So if anyone is interested, the prices for the basic colors (black canvas with black leather, red canvas with red leather and black canvas with tan leather) are about 30% lower than those of all the other colors Didn't know that since Barney's seems to sell them all at the same price. Addionally the US prices are horrifyingly high compared to € prices...

Anyway, I guess Europe residents can order by fax from the Paris boutique (I live in Austria and they are able to ship to me).

And the exact size for the Croisière 35 in centimetres: 35x17x18. Basic colors would be 950€ and all the other colors 1235€ since they are special orders

26-04-2006
front row

Ambi -- Thanks for sharing the info! I had no idea you could order by fax! Hurrah!

Straps started peeling after about a year, but I've had the bag for 3 years now and it didn't get much worse. Just the top layer of leather starts to come off. You can't see the peeling, but it bothers me.

TheSweetest -- Beluga is an awesome bag for all occasions.

Last edited by beaumonde; 26-04-2006 at 08:09 AM.
26-04-2006
rising star

Wow, I didn't know the croisière was that cheap (in euros compared to the US price)!
The SAs speak english, the service at goyard is exceptional!!

Yasmin, your Croisière 50 looks amazing! That's a great story your mom shipping her wedding dress in a Goyard trunk... like a princess!

I might have to dash in the store to try on the Croisière, you guys make me want one now!

26-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegurl
OMG! she changed her picture in the auction! now the handles are covered in plastic... and there's another G bag in the background... like she has them by the handful!
this looks so shady... I'm so disappointed! I hate counterfeiting!
Can anyone confirm my doubts?
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...DME:B:AAQ:FR:1
By the way she didn't answer my email asking what was the weird tag.
Her auction is finished and noone bid.

26-04-2006
backstage pass

Should someone make Goyard aware of that fact that there might be fakes out there? As for LV people already know how to spot fakes, but with Goyard which you rarely see in real life it would be very hard to tell

I'm wondering why they didn't open more shops, like the expanding LV did... maybe they really want to keep the exclusivity/ there are not enough craftsmen? Why don't they have at least a second shop in Europe? Would be interesting if anyone knew

26-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous
Should someone make Goyard aware of that fact that there might be fakes out there? As for LV people already know how to spot fakes, but with Goyard which you rarely see in real life it would be very hard to tell
no, i don't think it would be difficult to tell at all. to me, at least. authentic goyards have the chevron pattern hand-painted onto each of the canvases, and if you look closely you can tell by the somewhat raised-dot texture. fakes would probably just have the pattern cheaply printed onto canvas of much lesser quality

26-04-2006
front row

does anyone have the rollie? I saw it at the Goyard store in TOkyo - and it looks like it can't hold much... wondering whether or not it would be a practical purchase.

26-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunhe
does anyone have the rollie? I saw it at the Goyard store in TOkyo - and it looks like it can't hold much... wondering whether or not it would be a practical purchase.
Sorry, which bag is that? Not the trolley?

26-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
no, i don't think it would be difficult to tell at all. to me, at least. authentic goyards have the chevron pattern hand-painted onto each of the canvases, and if you look closely you can tell by the somewhat raised-dot texture. fakes would probably just have the pattern cheaply printed onto canvas of much lesser quality
but if you had to judge from eBay pics, especially when they're blurry. and for a person that has never seen a Goyard in real life it could be kinda hard

26-04-2006
boop

Thank you for all the info bryanboy and Yasmin87, I picked up my first Goyard today during lunch and I am on a cloud right now. It got the very last white Croisiere at BG and I love it. I'm probably going to have it customized in some way but I couldn't think of just what on the spot. Possibly my initials or some stripes but either way I just love it, pictures soon!

28-04-2006
scenester

You know, I've been dreading the appearance of Goyard fakes since the very first moment I saw that Jessica Simpson pic (I think it surfaced on the Purse Forum a couple of months ago)...

I searched ebay several months for Goyard and nothing, now all of a sudden several handbags show up. While I would not buy any of the handbags, I think some people are searching their old stuff, as some lovely ancient Goyard trunks are surfacing as well (example: item 6625349584 on ebay). Very much like old Vuitton trunks, they are absolutely gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
I didn't know the dots were hand painted... that actually makes me like my Goyard bag even more! I have a Jeanne PM in burgundy and sometimes I just take it out of the closet and look at it... I took this picture and it's a bit shiny, but you can see the texture of the canvas.

28-04-2006
V.I.P.

^ that is gorgeous, maggie!
i've been really wanting a jeanne of my own (the large size).... maybe in yellow

30-04-2006
rising star

Hey guys, I know this auction is over, but I'm confused and would like your opinion... do you think this is a Croisière 35? It looks smaller... What do you think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:AAQ:US:1

30-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegurl
Hey guys, I know this auction is over, but I'm confused and would like your opinion... do you think this is a Croisière 35? It looks smaller... What do you think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:AAQ:US:1

that's soo not a croisiere 35

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, goyard, luggage