How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-05-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx
I'm so happy with my new Croisière, I've been wearing it every day since I got it. The pictures don't do it justice but I just adore it. The white is so perfect for spring/summer and I've gotten so many compliments since getting it! I will certainly be picking up more Goyard in the near future
Ooooooooo, looooveee that white! How much was it?

I went to the Goyard website and they don't offer white in anything!

07-05-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VainJane
Ooooooooo, looooveee that white! How much was it?

I went to the Goyard website and they don't offer white in anything!
It's not shown on the website but they do offer it in most of the styles.

Last edited by vintagegurl; 07-05-2006 at 02:46 PM.
07-05-2006
backstage pass

^^

Jane,
You can try Barneys, I know they offer white in the Jeanne, Croisiere and St. Louis for sure, I saw 'em in the store.
For some reason I thought that white was being offered as a Barneys-exclusive, did anyone else hear that, or am I totally off?

— Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
08-05-2006
windowshopping

can anyone tell me the appeal of goyards? i just dont get them. they arent memorable or classy to me. the pattern trips me out and the bags seem very plain. i would never shell out that much money for one of these bags. is the quality outstanding? anyone??

08-05-2006
backstage pass

I think a lot of the appeal comes from their ability to be customized in a number of different ways...

The basics customizations are stripes, crowns, and initials. I've also heard, however, that customers can bring in virtually any image and the store can work w/ you to add that image to your bag...

Christina Milian has a lion in a heart on hers (so cute!)

(from InStyle)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Bags 002.jpg (164.1 KB, 75 views)

— Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
08-05-2006
boop

The appeal is in the quality, the customization and the beauty. They're wonderful bags and they'll last a lifetime. Worth every penny and I can't wait to get a couple Goyard luggage pieces. I also like that they aren't overexposed, at least not here. I get alot of questions as to who made my bag and where I got it whenever I wear it. Most haven't heard of Goyard just yet. But if you don't like the pattern then you probably won't like the bags.

Love the green tote with the yellow stripes. The lion heart is a nice touch too. Its making me want to get one of the totes! I'm always in need of a nice simple tote for books and I'd love to get a customized Goyard, I don't think I want stripes on my Croisière just yet but I love the way they look on the totes.

08-05-2006
windowshopping

Does the Goyard in Hong Kong accept customization? I wonder how long that will take. They will probably have to send it to Paris

Oh, and can you just walk into Barneys with an old goyard tote and ask them to customize it for you? (for a fee, of course)

08-05-2006
backstage pass

Dudette,

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can. My SA also told me that if you decide that you don't like the customization, they can remove it for you up to 1 year after it was done.

— Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
08-05-2006
scenester

I just want to let you know that they opned a big store in San Francisco few month ago. It might be easier to get your bags there than from France.

09-05-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralsnowman
Dudette,

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can. My SA also told me that if you decide that you don't like the customization, they can remove it for you up to 1 year after it was done.
wow! it's like giving your bags a refresh if you change your mind.

I'm asking a friend to get mine from NY, but I'd like to handle the customization personally. my next trip to the US is not till Christmas - so, great for me!

Hmmm... I understand the handpainted Goyard logo and prints are waterproof right? That means the customized stripes and initials are not? That's why they can remove it?

09-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudette
wow! it's like giving your bags a refresh if you change your mind.

I'm asking a friend to get mine from NY, but I'd like to handle the customization personally. my next trip to the US is not till Christmas - so, great for me!

Hmmm... I understand the handpainted Goyard logo and prints are waterproof right? That means the customized stripes and initials are not? That's why they can remove it?
they have to be waterproof and I think they are removable up to one year because it could be some kind of special formulation that will stay really on the material after one year. water shouldn't be a problem since I can't imagine those stripes suddenly fading with drops of water and then staining your clothes.... would be ridiculous considering the price

09-05-2006
front row

You'll find that on vintage Goyard the paint has chipped off a bit, but that can only be expected.

I would say 'water resistant' rather than water proof...

09-05-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exquise
I just want to let you know that they opned a big store in San Francisco few month ago. It might be easier to get your bags there than from France.
exquise, you are correct. My husband & I were in SF a couple of weeks ago and I was shocked to see Goyard there. I talked to the SA named Eli...he is the only full time sa there and he was so inviting and informative. He gave me the whole run-down and history of the company and was very very very nice. didn't buy a bag that day...but it's definately on my wish list.

15-05-2006
backstage pass

Check out this customized wallet, guys

I guess skulls are even making their way onto Goyard bags... I kinda like the contrast

(Sweet Box)

— Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
15-05-2006
boop

The skull is awesome, I really like that.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, goyard, luggage