How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-12-2005
boop

No boutique for NYC?! I can only hope that NY gets a boutique soon. They're really selling well at Barneys but a freestanding store would be wonderful. I see alot of people in the city wearing Goyard. It is such a sleek and understated brand. That tote looks so classic, I'm quite tempted.

30-12-2005
backstage pass

Help me pick
I can't decide what color to get in the (above) St. Louis tote. Any suggestions guys?

The colors I'm thinking of are:
Red, Dark Blue, Light Blue, and Green

Also,
What color stripes would you get w/ the tote?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

30-12-2005
blue

question.

i saw a woman carrying a goyard piece, but i cant identify it from the barneys site.
it was similar to a speedy 30-35 in size and shape.
could it be a smaller version of the crosiere or the boeing?
and how much are they?
probably wont be buying one in the immdt future, but still curious.

help-

blue

nevermind.

found it on barneys website.

it was probably the crosiere 35, $1475.

backstage pass

Goyard is amazing, I have some of their bags and luggage, it is incredibly durable... It is worth the money, IMO

31-12-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

earlier this week i was in paris and decided to treat myself to a 70cm trunk case and a garment carrier. even if the piece you want is already made (like my trunk case)it still takes about three months to get the personalisation- but what's the point of goyard without your monogram and family colours- apparantly i'm the first to have the navy-white-navy stripe.....

(btw- its well worth making the purchase in the store- the service is exceptional)

31-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8
earlier this week i was in paris and decided to treat myself to a 70cm trunk case and a garment carrier. even if the piece you want is already made (like my trunk case)it still takes about three months to get the personalisation- but what's the point of goyard without your monogram and family colours- apparantly i'm the first to have the navy-white-navy stripe.....

(btw- its well worth making the purchase in the store- the service is exceptional)
I have the violet-navy-violet stripe I agree Goyard's service is exceptional

03-01-2006
backstage pass

Yay! I bought my first Goyard today. A dark blue tote. Does anyone else have this?

04-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
surely a good assistant will consign all prices to memory
That's why I can recite a price at the drop of a hat. Except for wallets and the small stuff which Ill be within $20 of...

16-01-2006
rising star

i tried out the goyard tote (the medium?) as well as the shopping tote at barneys, and i was wondering what size people usually carry. i was told by the SA that most people go with the medium, becaues the shopping tote is too big for every day use and is more of a weekend bag. the medium seemed okay, but the handles were a bit short, making it difficult to carry the bag over the shoulder.

does anyone have either of these totes? is the shopping tote too big, or is it fine as an everyday bag?

16-01-2006
scenester

Hello,
I thought Id share my goyard with you guys. I love my bag but I dont wear it all the time. To make it look "a little more up to date and to be a little more personallized", I had them paint my fav colors on the bag and had my initials applied to the side of the bag. Just a thought in case you guys are sick of having the same items as other folks have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01462.JPG (251.3 KB, 39 views)

mmmmmm...fashion....

i have the large tote in red and use it as a shopping bag (and sometimes newspaper/laptop bag)- on a women i think it'll be too big to use everyday- unless you normally carry around alot.

(btw janissa- nice colour combo- i've never seen that before- are u austrian?)

Last edited by travis_nw8; 16-01-2006 at 10:21 AM.
16-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
i have the large tote in red and use it as a shopping bag (and sometimes newspaper/laptop bag)- on a women i think it'll be too big to use everyday- unless you normally carry around alot.

(btw janissa- nice colour combo- i've never seen that before- are u austrian?)
Hello Travis,
Thanks. I wanted the bag to have fun colors to match with my Lacoste hot pink polo shirt ( Yes..I was bored). I found that deep blue is another awesome color for stripes.

Im not Austrian. I do have relatives in Koln,Germany if that counts.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by janissa
Hello,
I thought Id share my goyard with you guys. I love my bag but I dont wear it all the time. To make it look "a little more up to date and to be a little more personallized", I had them paint my fav colors on the bag and had my initials applied to the side of the bag.
Beautiful bag, Janissa. It's so funny- that's exactly the red-white-red stripe combo that I'm getting done on my dark-blue St. Louis tote! I hope mine looks that good.

Apple- The size I'm getting is (I think) medium. I'm not sure what size the shopping tote is, but the medium fits stuff pretty well.

17-01-2006
rising star

i think i'll go with the medium too. the SA recommended the medium, since the tote doesn't look quite right when it's half empty. thanks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, goyard, luggage