How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
25-04-2006
  121
boop
 
Luxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,067
i bryanboy!! I love all your bags sweetie and your blog is the best!

I tried out an incredible white Goyard bag last time I was at Barneys, it seemed like an absolutely perfect flight bag but since I'm not going anywhere until summer there's really no need for me to pick it up right now. BUT I really want a white bag and due to ill luck my main contenders the Clandestine (looked bad on me) and the Classic Flap (sold out in the color I want) are out of the running. Seeing how good the Croisiere looks on Brian makes me really want to try it out. I'm going to Barney's tomorrow during lunch so we'll see what happens! I certainly wouldn't mind taking home one of these beauties. They're so striking and unique. Perhaps a wallet too though I'm supposed to be waiting for my Bearn.

  Reply With Quote
 
25-04-2006
  122
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 433
FYI.. the croisieres are HUGE!!!

croisiere 35 is a HUGE and heavy bag.

it's longer than a speedy 30 but not as roomier.

it's made out treated canvas and all the bags have a yellow lining inside

imo the white croisiere is the perfect white handbag. i've been looking for a white bag, bought a dolce lace and leather bag but that attracted dirt and grime.

the goyard one is waterproof!!! perfect for those with clammy hands like i do.

one of my acquaintances (daphne) here in the philippines got a black and tan goyard croisiere while one of my good friends, the lady behind another bag blog (http://tresormakati.blogspot.com - i call her MRS. T) got a white croisiere except she got hers customized. she also got a couple of totes...

daphne:
- she got hers in goyard at harvey nichols HK


source: http://tresormakati.blogspot.com/200...e-awesome.html

MRS. T
she got all of her goyard at the sfo boutique and know the SAs hahaha.





all pics courtesy of Tresor Makati
http://tresormakati.blogspot.com/200...daphps-tv.html

  Reply With Quote
25-04-2006
  123
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 433
there are other filipina ladies who have goyard but i can't for the life of god find photos.

it's becoming the favourite brand here. i just hope it doesn't get too popular like vuitton. UGH

  Reply With Quote
25-04-2006
  124
rising star
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 133
Which size is that white bag? The one in the second picture.

  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  125
rising star
 
vintagegurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Paris
Posts: 118
OMG! she changed her picture in the auction! now the handles are covered in plastic... and there's another G bag in the background... like she has them by the handful!
this looks so shady... I'm so disappointed! I hate counterfeiting!
Can anyone confirm my doubts?
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...DME:B:AAQ:FR:1
By the way she didn't answer my email asking what was the weird tag.

  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  126
rising star
 
vintagegurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Paris
Posts: 118
also, the pouch doesn't look right. *sigh*

  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  127
front row
 
beaumonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NY/LONdon
Gender: femme
Posts: 293
Ugh. That's terrible. I really don't want to believe that they've started making fake Goyard bags.

The bags (but only the tote and the smaller croisiere) are really popular in NY. Have only seen one (tote) in London!

  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  128
backstage pass
 
ambidextrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 860
@vintagegurl: Do you know how good the English of the SAs is? I might have to call them, since they don't seem to reply to my e-mail to soon... or do they even happen to speak German? Have you seen messenger bags with a flap in the goyard boutique that would be big enough to fit A4 files?

  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  129
backstage pass
 
ambidextrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 860
additional question: Does Goyard also sell leather bags, cos I've just seen a card holder made out of leather only, without the print.

  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  130
front row
 
beaumonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NY/LONdon
Gender: femme
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous
additional question: Does Goyard also sell leather bags, cos I've just seen a card holder made out of leather only, without the print.
I haven't seen any for sale. If you go to the boutique in Paris, you will see some extraordinary "antique" Goyard bags, some of which are all leather. I'm sure a special order could be done if you're keen on having all leather. Their leather colours are simply amazing.

  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  131
front row
 
beaumonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NY/LONdon
Gender: femme
Posts: 293
Bryanboy, I was going to get a white croisiere, but was worried that the white handles would get dirty with use. What has your experience been?

I need to eventually replace the handles on my Jeanne, as there has been some peeling. The SA suggested I wait until they get really bad before sending it to the workshop for reconditioning, as it takes several months.

By the way, thanks so much for the photos! So cool to have a celebrity on this thread.

(Edit) One last question! Is the crown a standard image they can personalize onto a bag or did your friend give them a template? Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanboy
FYI.. the croisieres are HUGE!!!

croisiere 35 is a HUGE and heavy bag.

it's longer than a speedy 30 but not as roomier.

it's made out treated canvas and all the bags have a yellow lining inside

imo the white croisiere is the perfect white handbag. i've been looking for a white bag, bought a dolce lace and leather bag but that attracted dirt and grime.

the goyard one is waterproof!!! perfect for those with clammy hands like i do.

one of my acquaintances (daphne) here in the philippines got a black and tan goyard croisiere while one of my good friends, the lady behind another bag blog (http://tresormakati.blogspot.com - i call her MRS. T) got a white croisiere except she got hers customized. she also got a couple of totes...

daphne:
- she got hers in goyard at harvey nichols HK


source: http://tresormakati.blogspot.com/200...e-awesome.html

MRS. T
she got all of her goyard at the sfo boutique and know the SAs hahaha.





all pics courtesy of Tresor Makati
http://tresormakati.blogspot.com/200...daphps-tv.html


Last edited by beaumonde; 26-04-2006 at 06:16 AM.
  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  132
scenester
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 51
Well, there's a Goyard in Kuwait. My mom was always into Goyard. She even sent her Chanel couture wedding gown in a Goyard trunk in 1985. Anyway, I added another Goyard to my collection. This is the Crosiere 50. Here is my bag:



Last edited by Yasmin87; 26-04-2006 at 06:36 AM.
  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  133
backstage pass
 
ambidextrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaumonde
I need to eventually replace the handles on my Jeanne, as there has been some peeling. The SA suggested I wait until they get really bad before sending it to the workshop for reconditioning, as it takes several months.
How long did you have/carry the bag before the handles started peeling?

  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  134
scenester
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 51
I made a mistake. I wrote Crosiere instead of Croisiere.

  Reply With Quote
26-04-2006
  135
scenester
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 51
I never use my Goyards as handbags though. I use them as travel bags (not clothes, but my essentials) or where I can put my stuff. I do the same with the Croisiere 35. I have them in red and orange. I use them if I go to the chalet for my makeup and so on.


Last edited by Yasmin87; 26-04-2006 at 06:53 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, goyard, luggage
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.