How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-03-2005
windowshopping

Grr New Coach Ladybug Applique Boxy Tote
Tuesday I got my hands on one of the new Coach Ladybug Applique Boxy Tote's. Its not even out yet in the Coach stores up here but it hit one of our department stores early so I snatched it up. Not two days into my purchase and what happens???? One of the little jewel decorations falls off! Not something I expect to happen to a 400$ bag! I asked when I bought it if the jewels were sewn or glued on and was promised sewn. Clearly not. I called Coach and they were surprised it fell off. When I asked if this was a common problem they said no but i'm wondering how intensive their research is given that they're barely even available to the public yet. The bag is covered in about a dozen of these little jewels so i'm wondering if they're just destined to fall off one by one.

I've already talked to Holt Renfrew, the department store I bought it at, and they're expecting my return tomorrow. Of course the only other copy they have is on hold for someone else which means likely no exchange for me. I was hoping to give it another shot to see if it happened again before completely throwing in the towel but c'est la vie.

Just a warning in case anyone was looking at it as well. Its not what i'd call durable.

Dee

17-03-2005
V.I.P.

Those bags are hot! I was thinking that myself, how are they held on? Appearantly glue, cheap glue, though since your bags were early arrivals thier quality might be more questionable than say a later arrival bag, maybe they were still getting the kinks worked out though they should have had them worked out in like January.

Last edited by Diorling; 17-03-2005 at 08:06 PM.
18-03-2005
rising star

can you post a pic of this bag? tried googling it but couldn't find any useful pics...

18-03-2005
windowshopping

Its on the Coach website, in the catelogue section. Pages 18-19 I believe. Flash so I can't figure out how to link it directly.

Dee

Last edited by DeeGroovy; 18-03-2005 at 08:10 AM.
18-03-2005
windowshopping

Went, they found another one so I exchanged. *crosses fingers* If it does it again, its a total write off but i'm hoping it doesn't because i'm applesosmurfly in love.

Dee

18-03-2005
fashion elite

Does anyone have a pic of the bag, I dont follow coach at all...

18-03-2005
windowshopping

Found one but i'm not sure if its real or not because it didn't come from an official website. Nor does it show the bag in its best light imo. It'll do for my little picture record anyway...

Yes, I like tacky things. I have many years down the road to be plain and boring .

Dee

18-03-2005
scenester

bah, not tacky at all--good for you, realizing there is only so much time to have fun with accesories...well, until you become an ecentric old woman (something I personally look forward to!)

18-03-2005
fashion elite

Thanks Dee....

18-03-2005
V.I.P.

that bag is so not my style ... but if it's yours, more power to you

18-03-2005
windowshopping

Ya, I have odd taste. I can't stand most of the popular bags. Like the Paddington? Eww.

Dee

18-03-2005
Of too many minds

Hey what's wrong with the Paddington?!!

Personally, I feel this bag can be considered quirky. Not many girls will be able to carry it off, but if you can, I believe it will make a gorgeous summer bag!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
18-03-2005
windowshopping

I dunno. Its just more of the same with a clunky lock attached to it. I find all those bags just shapeless piles of leather for some reason. I'm a fan of more structured shapes so that could be my problem. Give me a good boston or tote anyday.

Whether I can carry it off or not, I make my attempt. I try and have a very individual style.

Dee

19-03-2005
rising star

i don't think i'll be able to carry this bag...but i have to agree it is has a very summer-y look to it.

27-03-2005
Your pm box is full buggy

All that crap makes the bag look very "Floridian Old woman"

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
applique, boxy, coach, grr, ladybug, tote