How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2005
windowshopping

btw...here's a pic of the bag from the gucci site.

18-03-2005
crossed wires.

2 be honest i wouldnt trust a seller who kept their feedback a secret

18-03-2005
V.I.P.

the leather on the ebay one looks really cheap and flimsy... its much wrinklier and flimsier than even the one in that picture

18-03-2005
fashion elite

do a search for "gucci horsebit" and you will find a slew of fakes, some of which look good. the giveaways are the cheesy gucci paper tag and the round raised thing above the zipper pocket that might be a magnetic closure (in the picture where she's lifting the serial number tag) -- the real one does not have any sort of closure. and $425 for a very popular bag (the entire country was recently sold out) that retails for $1200?? I don't think so. and I'll bet the starting price was really low and there was no reserve -- who in their right mind would do that??! private feedback is also a tip-off. did your friend ask her if it's authentic? it's always better to have it right from the seller's mouth. have your friend take it to a Gucci boutique if she wants to know for sure (or not, if she loves it and doesn't care). or it looks like she can return it (allegedly) if she contacts the seller within 24 hours.

18-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeyowsa
do a search for "gucci horsebit" and you will find a slew of fakes, some of which look good. the giveaways are the cheesy gucci paper tag and the round raised thing above the zipper pocket that might be a magnetic closure (in the picture where she's lifting the serial number tag) -- the real one does not have any sort of closure. and $425 for a very popular bag (the entire country was recently sold out) that retails for $1200?? I don't think so. and I'll bet the starting price was really low and there was no reserve -- who in their right mind would do that??! private feedback is also a tip-off. did your friend ask her if it's authentic? it's always better to have it right from the seller's mouth. have your friend take it to a Gucci boutique if she wants to know for sure (or not, if she loves it and doesn't care). or it looks like she can return it (allegedly) if she contacts the seller within 24 hours.
you make a good point, and i quite agree. thanks

18-03-2005
fashion elite

I don't care if people want to buy fakes but it makes me SOOO mad when people get scammed! it ruins the fun for everyone.

18-03-2005
windowshopping

thanks for the tips. i'll be sure to tell my friend. if she gets it and it looks shady i'm sure she'll return it. paying a restocking fee and for shipping isn't that bad compared to losing out on $450 bucks. i know the bag retails for $1290 and there's a 4-6 week waiting period for it right now. i want one myself! thanks again for the help!

19-03-2005
trendsetter

It does make you think, especially coming from Ebay. I have seen tons of this model, being sold on Ebay as authentic. It makes me really mad. I emailed a couple sellers who insist their bags are authentic, when i can clearly see that they are SO NOT!. This bag in particular doesnt look authentic to me, judging by the tag hanging on the bag, just never happens with authentic gucci. The leather looks quite hard, compared to the real ones, which have a certain glow to the soft leather, not that cheap shine that i have seen on the majority of the fakes. Also you must remember that when you buy from Ebay, if the seller isnt legimate,as 95% of them arent, you risk parting with a lot of hard earned cash, for something that is passed of as authentic and which will not go the full mile,as fakes will fall apart much quicker than one expects it to. I think the safest thing to do, is continuously look, find a seller that sells the real thing and save up for it. Not unless you arent bothered by the fact that you are paying loads for a fake bag, just so you can look expensive or whatever. Most people that buy those fakes, know the bags are fake, but dont care

30-04-2005
rising star

Do they carry both a large hobo and small? I want to get one for my mom for mother's day but only see the large one online.

01-05-2005
windowshopping

Hi, does anyone knows if Gucci really have those horsebit hobo in tan ostrich leathere. I know it's a replica, did Gucci really have those? thanks !

http://www.ioffer.com/i/GUCCI-BROWN-...ST-OUT-6544277

02-05-2005
trendsetter

Our Gucci store had an all-black leather large horsebit hobo when I went in there this weekend. I didn't think they were still making that color.....

And also, over on Lux, someone claimed to have gotten the fushcia (pink) large horsebit like Jessica's at the Boston Gucci store a few months ago. Soooooo....maybe you could call that particular one.

Last edited by DP_woman; 02-05-2005 at 07:07 PM.
02-05-2005
offline.

I've PM'd you Meeky.

02-05-2005
rising star

hmmm I am wondering if this website sells real ones.. with gucci boho bags..
could anyone tell me??

http://www.brandclubs.com/shop/brand...ir_id=handbags

02-05-2005
Adorable illusion

^ i dont think its real. Loads of those kinda sites sell fake goods.

02-05-2005
rising star

^ Thank you princess!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gucci, hobo, horsebit