How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-05-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_angel
hmmm I am wondering if this website sells real ones.. with gucci boho bags..
could anyone tell me??

http://www.brandclubs.com/shop/brand...ir_id=handbags
even if those bags were real(which they are not) they are priced more then the retail prices at gucci.

03-05-2005
rising star

I need some help!!! I plan on buying the Gucci Horsebit Hobo for my mother for mother's day... in a new tan color they have. Does anyone here own it or could tell me a little more about it. My mom loves big bags, but hates when they are too tight under her arm. Would this be tight or easy to put under her shoulder?? Please help me figure this out for my picky mother!!

03-05-2005
rising star

Ok so I just called Gucci on 5th and am having them reserve the LArge Horsebit Hobo in their new tan/camel leather. The rep told me its a beautiful color. Anyone seen it yet? I'll be picking it up tomorrow or Thursday, so hopefully it is perfect

03-05-2005
fashion elite

last I checked, the Gucci boutiques had many of these bags in stock, in both the medium and large sizes. I'm not sure what the new tan color is -- is it the camel from a few seasons ago?

03-05-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfermegz
I need some help!!! I plan on buying the Gucci Horsebit Hobo for my mother for mother's day... in a new tan color they have. Does anyone here own it or could tell me a little more about it. My mom loves big bags, but hates when they are too tight under her arm. Would this be tight or easy to put under her shoulder?? Please help me figure this out for my picky mother!!

It is a shoulder bag, and thats how everyone wears it, so it should be fine under her arm. Unless she has a huge shoulder like a man lol, it should be fine.

03-05-2005
fashion elite

it fits easily over the shoulder, but it's not that easy getting into the bag while it's on your shoulder (especially with the big size). it probably gets easier as the bag breaks in.

06-05-2005
front row

saw this color a couple of weeks ago, when i returned my black one the tan is beautiful although the strap,imo, is very wide and not very comfortable over the shoulders. and because of the close fit under the arms and the large size of the bag, i ended up looking like a runningback for the raiders this bag is HUGE!!

also,when i bought it, the sa said they only made a few because of the high demand and that it would probably be the last season...so i bought it thinking it would be "special". anyhow, a week later, i called a boutique in california and they said they had two in their wherehouse without a waiting list and that it was a staple in their gucci line...? i should have known, they said the same thing about another bag i bought from them that ended up being added to their regular line.

06-05-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticbagz
saw this color a couple of weeks ago, when i returned my black one the tan is beautiful although the strap,imo, is very wide and not very comfortable over the shoulders. and because of the close fit under the arms and the large size of the bag, i ended up looking like a runningback for the raiders this bag is HUGE!!

also,when i bought it, the sa said they only made a few because of the high demand and that it would probably be the last season...so i bought it thinking it would be "special". anyhow, a week later, i called a boutique in california and they said they had two in their wherehouse without a waiting list and that it was a staple in their gucci line...? i should have known, they said the same thing about another bag i bought from them that ended up being added to their regular line.
I just sent the bag to my mom, and I hope she likes it. I was worried about the under the arm fit being a bit tight, not because she is huge, but just because it is only a 9 in drop. If she doesn't like it, what other bag from gucci would be comprable? She wants a large leather shoulder bag, hence I figured the LArge hobo would be perfect... I'm nervous she may not love it

06-05-2005
front row

hmm...can't think of any other gucci leather shoulder bag...all the leather bags i saw were either mixed with canvas or satchels. well, hopefully she'll love the hobo and you won't have to look for a replacement that was so thoughtful and generous of you to get her this bag!

16-05-2005
fashion elite

so hey, did your mom like the bag? it's weird because after being so scarce for so long, they have tons of them. and I saw the new "tan" which is called "praline" and is much darker than the original tan.

17-05-2005
tfs star

I just bought the Gucci horsebit hobo in black and I love love love it! It is really perfect except for one thing, the horsebit metal on the strap is sooo heavy. I think my arms and shoulders are going to get tired carrying it around with actual stuff in it.

rising star

My mom absolutely adores the bag! I knew they were scarce to begin with, and even when I was in the store in NYC I had the last one in praline and none of the old tan left... either way she adores the bag! She has never been huge into designer names (she wonders where I got it!) but she told me she wishes she indulged herself sooner!

23-05-2005
scenester

leather horsebit!
i've been on a hunt for the large horsebit leather hobo! i was at the gucci store in tampa but they didnt have ANY large hobos in stock! and
i saw one on ebay (in white) but i was wondering 1. if it was ever made in white and 2. isn't the horsebit part supposed to be ATTACHED to the leather strap? the seller swears it's authentic and i'm waiting back for a response so i thought in the meantime, maybe somebody here might be able to help me!

thanks!

23-05-2005
fashion elite

that's weird because I see them everywhere. gucci.com has them (incuding in the white I believe, but that is a resort color and might be hard to find in stores), the gucci store in sf had them in black, and saks has them (also in black).

23-05-2005
fashion elite

BTW, if the one on eBay you're talking about is this one for sale by alohahoneypie . . .

. . . then it's as fake as the day is long. and those "ostrich" ones are fake too. in fact, they're all fake.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gucci, hobo, horsebit