How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-06-2005
V.I.P.

aw i really miss the blondie from f/w 04... the black leather w/ silver GG...

08-06-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgie
No- after seeing it in person, I didn't love the black enamel with the gold lining. I wish I could have found it with the solid gold gg's.
I'm sorry it didn't work out, but agree that the black w/gold isn't as nice as the solid gold. So disappointing, I wish they would re-release the original blondie/boston collection. This time I know we wouldn't miss out!

08-06-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_woman
This one is called Boston as well. Gets the SA's really confused. :p

*EDIT* Please don't quote pics

I wouldn't give up on finding the white one if you really want it. Like I said, they had it at the outlet for a short period. I wouldn't be surprised if one popped up on Yoox.
Yes, that's the Boston, but w/horse bits. They had it in Green, black and brown F/W 2004. I have it in Green, but I almost drove the SA crazy trying to decide!

Last edited by Hipkitten; 11-09-2005 at 09:40 AM.
08-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon
I'm sorry it didn't work out, but agree that the black w/gold isn't as nice as the solid gold. So disappointing, I wish they would re-release the original blondie/boston collection. This time I know we wouldn't miss out!
Thanks- me too!

09-06-2005
fashion elite

so I actually got my hands on a black bowling bag with the gold GGs. and to make things more confusing, the box says "borsa blondie."

10-06-2005
V.I.P.

perhaps Blondie is the name of this "family" of bags with the large GGs...

10-06-2005
fashion elite

hmm, perhaps. and I just noticed on the other side of the box that this bag is officially called the bowling bag, which makes more sense than the boston. I wonder why we started calling it the boston in the first place?

10-06-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
^ Beautiful bag - lily... Thnak for the pic. I love the look of this bag.
Oh my I want..I's my most liked color too...Where can I get ?

front row

I looove all these bags, although I do prefer the big G over the horsebit. Last time I was in Bergdorf Goodman's, this purple one was on sale, too bad it is way out of my price range even while discounted.

This black one on eBay is like my dream bag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BGL5763_mp.jpg (30.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg f2_1_b.jpg (17.6 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by trendoid; 10-06-2005 at 02:05 PM.
20-06-2005
trendsetter

^^^^I always thought the black one looked weird. I cant get used to the pink GG over the black leather.

I still want this one

20-06-2005
rising star

^^ DP-- I swear that horsebit is no where to be found. I asked the SA down in Miami and he said they are virtually impossible to come by now... The leather large horsebits are gorgeous though and the leather is so supple!

20-06-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendoid
I looove all these bags, although I do prefer the big G over the horsebit. Last time I was in Bergdorf Goodman's, this purple one was on sale, too bad it is way out of my price range even while discounted.

This black one on eBay is like my dream bag.
Be careful - I think some of the bowling bags on ebay are fake. If you do a google search for gucci bowling bag, a lot of fakes come up.

21-06-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfermegz
^^ DP-- I swear that horsebit is no where to be found. I asked the SA down in Miami and he said they are virtually impossible to come by now... The leather large horsebits are gorgeous though and the leather is so supple!
Yeah, the only way we'd find one is if someone sold theirs--which will never happen! I heard they're going to have a monogram large horsebit with orange leather trim in the fall 2005 collection. It sounds kinda cute, I cant wait to see it! The leather is nice.....but is it me, or are the horsebits on the recent leather versions a little smaller than the previous ones?? Its just that when I tried on the bag during the winter season, the horsebit seemed HUGE. Then when I tried on the leather ones from the batch that came out a couple months ago, it seemed more fitting on my shoulder--and I thought the horsebit seemed slightly smaller. I could be over-analyzing. I wouldnt mind having a monogram, but my friend already has one.

02-08-2005
scenester

i have to have this!
I have to have this bag! But I'm debating between the small and medium one....does anybody know how exactly this is sized? are the meant to be handcarry or over the shoulder?.....I dont know if these boston bags are sized like the blondie ones....anybody? thanks!

11-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrigue
I have to have this bag! But I'm debating between the small and medium one....does anybody know how exactly this is sized? are the meant to be handcarry or over the shoulder?.....I dont know if these boston bags are sized like the blondie ones....anybody? thanks!
*EDIT* Please don't quote pics

Hi Intrigue, I got the medium one yesterday. It's great! I've been carrying it over my arm, since using it as a shoulder bag feels quite uncomfortable. I was also pleasently surprised that it's quite roomy inside. There's enough space for all my daily essentials: ipod, camera, wallet, pda, phone, makeup.... and still holds its shape nicely. I believe these boston bags are slightly wider than the blondie ones.

Last edited by Hipkitten; 11-09-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, boston, gucci, large