How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-12-2006
windowshopping

Handbag Germs
I just saw a very scary news piece on all the germs we collect on our hand bags throughout the day. We set them down on the floor of restauraunts,offfices in washroom stalls etc. and they pick up some awful stuff. Then we take them home and throw them on our desk or bed and contaminate them. They did tests on the bottom of some bags and it was horrifying what they picked up!Yuck!

08-12-2006
V.I.P.

thats why i never put my bags on the floor and never on my bed

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
08-12-2006
V.I.P.

dito/\ yah, i heard that study as well.....but i wont set my bag on anything i dont trust. my bags get their own seats, dont touch the floor and have a shelf space in my room.....specially reserved.....

does make one get grossed out though, with those ladies that put their bags on public bathroom floors and anywhere and dont think about it. :ick:

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
09-12-2006
slightly dizzy

^ I'm with you girls, my bags never touch floors or other "questionable" surfaces. Not only is it more sanitary, but I think you also help preserve the bags. For example, it can't be good for them to be thrown on a dirty, wet bus floor. I cringe every time I see people do that...

?

I had never even thought of this. I will definitely be more careful now..

front row

My bags never touch the floor anywhere either, not even at home, but girls, we are a minority. Most women do it, I always felt the odd one out.

09-12-2006
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
^ I'm with you girls, my bags never touch floors or other "questionable" surfaces. Not only is it more sanitary, but I think you also help preserve the bags. For example, it can't be good for them to be thrown on a dirty, wet bus floor. I cringe every time I see people do that...
Exactly! Who puts their bag on the floor let alone a bathroom floor?! I don't care if your bag cost $10 or $10,000...that's just nasty.

~Madeleine Albright
09-12-2006
V.I.P.

Ugh, that's pretty gross. I hadn't really thought about germs before, yet I never put my bags on any floor except my own.

Of too many minds

I could never make myself put my bag down on any floor, regardless of how much the bag cost me..the idea is just weird...

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
09-12-2006
backstage pass

My bag stays on my lap. I'm such a germaphobe as it is...no point in getting my bags covered in germs, since I can't soak them in Purel!

10-12-2006
backstage pass

i refuse to put my bag on the bathroom floor. yuck!

10-12-2006
tfs star

My bags never go on the floor.......even if im sat on a bus or the train they sit on my lap or beside me......the floor yuck never!

10-12-2006
front row

At uni we swabbed our school bags and incubated the cultures, the results were so disgusting. Now if I ever see anyone put their bag on a table or food counter it makes me wanna just scream.

10-12-2006
backstage pass

Honestly, I don't really care. I'm the opposite of a germaphobe - well, not the opposite cause I don't like them, but I don't go out of my way to avoid them either. I'm of the opinion that if it doesn't kill you, its going to make you stronger. There are health problems associated with our oversanitary way of life - so as long as you are reasonably sanitary you shouldn't worry about this kind of thing.

10-12-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by circoit
Honestly, I don't really care. I'm the opposite of a germaphobe - well, not the opposite cause I don't like them, but I don't go out of my way to avoid them either. I'm of the opinion that if it doesn't kill you, its going to make you stronger. There are health problems associated with our oversanitary way of life - so as long as you are reasonably sanitary you shouldn't worry about this kind of thing.
Though I do understand being bothered by a bathroom floor, I agree with you. I don't know when I've ever gotten sick from a few germs, unless it's flu season. Even then, you have your own defenses against it.

The whole bathroom thing is still kind of ludicrous. I'm not afraid of picking too much up from a toilet, unless I'm lathering my genetalia all over it. ... But this is purses we're talking about..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
germs, handbag