How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
Foxie-pooh, i do atmit i stalk people as well!
if im out with my bf, i be like 'look! is that real?! let's follow her!' and then we do and kinda discuss.. this sounds mad.

It is fun.

Though, i would never dare to go up to a stranger and ask if her bag was a fake, it's just not something i would feel was right.
my bf and i do that too..we followed a girl in the stonestown galleria the other day because i noticed she was carrying a seafoam..but something just didnt seem right, i dunno if it was her clothes or what..on closer inspection we saw that it was a really cheap fake. i dont look down on ppl with fakes-ive thought about buying a fake paddington-its just fun to try to guess if its real or not

21-07-2005
101st monkey airborne

I was carrying my fake balenciaga on BART and 'stalked' another woman on the train platform who was carrying what I thought was a real one, saying, "ooh, yours is real, isn't it?". Turns out hers was fake, too! We had a laugh over it.

21-07-2005
scenester

^that's a cute story!!!

I have never been asked since I don't own any designer bags (real or fake).

21-07-2005
rising star

Yeah. I mean I have nice expensive clothing mixed in with low-end stuff but there are days when I feel yucky and bloated or tired and I just want to throw on something comfy even if I'm carrying a designer bag.Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by POTC_ROXS
Not yet anyway. Whenever i see a woman with a designer bag, i usually try to judge the bag's authenticity by the woman's attire. Bad habit im trying to break actually. Since i dont dress up to shop when i carry around my designer bags i try not to judge others the same way.

21-07-2005
windowshopping

hhahahhahahahah
all the time
my friends ask me all the time "is that a real louis vuitton?"
n im like "umm, duh"
n then they start feeling it to see if its real leather
lol

21-07-2005
front row

I'm not sure as to this being worse... but instead of asking if it was a fake, they actually asked if it was real. Assuming that I'd be carrying a fake in the first place... however I wasn't offended because I didn't expect the accuser to know of very many women who carry real designer handbags.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh
Ho ho ho...I've always like to stalk people to determin the authenticity of their designer bags but I have never asked them...I just follow them to get a better view and then escape...it's fun... It's really funny sometime when you see a very unkempt person toting a birkin or something and think they must be carrying a fake but then realize that they probably spend all of their savings on that bag( hence, have no more money to afford makeup and lundary bill)..
hahah i love that!! when i see someone w/ a might be real designer bag i always follow them to try to get a good view of it loll. i'll be out at the movies or the mall and then i just start wandering off and my friends give me a weird look, and im like "oh, i was tryin to see if that ladies bag was real" and they're like "ohh" and give me a weird look heheh it is fun, and i would never dare ask anyone if their bag was real or not. i almost did once though, it was a bottega hobo.

22-07-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ryb3ar
hahah i love that!! when i see someone w/ a might be real designer bag i always follow them to try to get a good view of it loll. i'll be out at the movies or the mall and then i just start wandering off and my friends give me a weird look, and im like "oh, i was tryin to see if that ladies bag was real" and they're like "ohh" and give me a weird look heheh it is fun, and i would never dare ask anyone if their bag was real or not. i almost did once though, it was a bottega hobo.
I think I saw one too! it was brown and strangely shiny. I see fake birkins all the time -- it's pretty obvious.

22-07-2005
windowshopping

It happened to me once...not with my bag though, with my Prada watch...

22-07-2005
windowshopping

Some family friend called my Epi LV plastic. I wanted to cry. Then she went, "oh, Louis Vuitton... fake right?" I quickly said "No..." She knew I was really offended and talked about other small things.
I never ask if a bag is real or fake.

22-07-2005
Frozen irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki
Some family friend called my Epi LV plastic. I wanted to cry. Then she went, "oh, Louis Vuitton... fake right?" I quickly said "No..." She knew I was really offended and talked about other small things.
I never ask if a bag is real or fake.
Awww... she problaby diden't know any better.

This thread makes me feel perfectly normal, when going after people to get a closer look of their bags!.

It's just my curiousity.

LilyGirl, how can you tell a fake Birkin? I have see so many of them lately, only when going high end shopping, and do wonder but i can't tell.

22-07-2005
trendsetter

I also think it's really rude to ask someone whether their handbag is fake or not, I've been asked many times, I was even asked if my no-brand sunglasses were authentic! I suppose people ask because so many people have fakes. I've never asked anyone if their handbag, or anything else, was fake though.

22-07-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoCalledPrep
you could have just told them the price
nope.. if i did, wed have that silent pause and feel awkward afterwards

blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
Foxie-pooh, i do atmit i stalk people as well!
if im out with my bf, i be like 'look! is that real?! let's follow her!' and then we do and kinda discuss.. this sounds mad.

It is fun.

Though, i would never dare to go up to a stranger and ask if her bag was a fake, it's just not something i would feel was right.
i do that too... its so much fun..
but i also follow ppl if they are really well dressed.... i try to analyze their clothes...(kinda like an observe and learn thing)

front row

Just the other day someone did ask me if my bag was fake - and it was! :p

--Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., "Cat's Cradle"
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asked, bag, designer, fake