How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-07-2005
rising star

Luckily I don't have to worry about this because my bags are usually "one of a kind" from a divey second-hand in Europe. I'd love to have a Chloe bag, of course, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I get a lot of pleasure out of people asking me, "Where did you get that bag? I want one too!"

On another funny note, I saw an old man carrying a "real" Stella McCartney (doctor's?) bag on the metro the other day. It's so obviously the same design. Stella's people copied the bag exactly but with new fabric instead of leather. So I guess that Stella's bag is the "fake", huh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stella_bag.jpg (29.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by zrzava; 22-07-2005 at 08:38 PM.

22-07-2005
Adorable illusion

I've never been asked if my bags were fakes before, and to be honest I would feel kinda insulted and p****ed off it they did.

I always spot people with designer bags, or designer inspired bags or my bf points them out to me. I have trained him well

23-07-2005
Frozen irony.

^Yeah, me too, Vintage_princess, and we do games like 'spot the handbag'

Like :what bag is that?

He's like Jimmy choo'?

Good one! points for you!.

I guess that's what it's like having a handbag-crazy girlfriend, you have to learn about bags whether you want it or not.:p

23-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
It has never happen to me, but i do have friends that this has happen too.

I can't believe how rude!

So has this ever happen to you? What did you do? How did you react?

Let's discuss.
A couple of years ago, I was waiting for my sister outside the fitting room at Gap (at the chi chi Mall at Short Hills ), and some "tweens" walked by and one of them loudly said something about fake bags. She was referring to my Gucci bag that is not a common style (I've never seen anyone esle carry it). All I could do was smile to myself...I'm 30something and some kids were checking ME out!

23-07-2005
Adorable illusion

^ tweens :p

Pucci, He knows a lot about handbags now thanks to me. He even stopped me from buying the LV speedy bag because he said he sees too many teens carry fake ones around town!

Last edited by vintage_princess; 23-07-2005 at 08:18 PM.
31-08-2005
trendsetter

Yop. People have asked me about every desginer bag I own. First time it happend it was a burberry shoulder bag (i was 15! ok?), it was actually a friend of mine, she was saving up for a burberry scraf at the time. She couldnt believe it was real, she actually inspected it from the inside. Looking bag, i think that bag was pretty ugly. Than my boyfriend asked me about a prada bag I own, he was outraged i would spend so muhc on a nylon bag at the time i actually thought it was practical cause it would last so long. I got asked about a gucci bag and about a louis vuitton vernis. At the time I always said, i dont know cause my parents gave it to me, but i dont think they would give me a fake bag as a present. I got never asked by a stranger though.

31-08-2005
front row

Yes and now I keep the card in my bag. I'll stoop to pulling it out if need be. They cost me too much for someone to think they're a KO.

31-08-2005
scenester

you guys and your well trained bfs are hilarious

i'll have to remember to play "name that handbag" with mine too

trendsetter

i'm pretty sure i've had people ask if my bags were "real," not necessarily fake. i did take out my new LV trouville when i got it, and one of my friends told me he thought it "looked" fake. i'm not sure if it was because it didn't have the patina, and a lot of fakes do already, but i was mildly offended. I love the monogram LV but haven't bought much more than the panda pouchette (which i LOVE!) b/c of all the fakes out there

02-09-2005
urd
tfs star

after reading this topic I'm starting to think like there is no point in buying designer bags if you are the only one that knows it's real

02-09-2005
windowshopping

I had a bag before.A Chanel-bag.A lady asked: What's that?I said a bag.But what bag?I said Chanel-bag.Oh gosh!She asked:Is that real?I said yes..Then she sleeped out.Haha..:p That was because she had a fake-bag.Mohaha..

03-09-2005
windowshopping

I think it's rude to ask someone if anything of theirs is fake or not, but that's just me. I know I've been offended by questions such as those, but then again I live in Wisconsin where fake LV's run rampant and nobody has a clue about, well, anything for the most part.

07-09-2005
rising star

This just happened to me

I was wearing my Chloe Paddintgon (in tan) to a sample sale and the lady who ran the place came up to me and touched it and said "Wooow... this is a good one! It's fake, right?"

I was pretty pissed but I realized that she probably never saw a real one before... she was selling fake Paddington's and fake Balenciagas at the sale. So I just dismissed it.

backstage pass

only a clueless person would ask if it s a fake, i think it s very rude to do so even when i see people with fakes i never ask that. however i was asked once or twice by people who know nothing bout bags and them asking just proved it to me.

backstage pass

The other day in the supermarket, a woman asked if my Chanel glasses were Gucci.

I noticed that many teenagers are into fake sunglasses. There are tons of Chanel and Gucci sunglasses around my school this year Nearly every student (i attend an all girls school) either has a fake Chanel, Gucci, Burberry or LV bag and it is seriously pissing me off

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asked, bag, designer, fake