How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-09-2005
V.I.P.

^same in my all girls high school too...it doesn't make sense because most of the girls can afford it
I don't see what makes a fake bag appealing..I'd rather save up and buy a real one

08-09-2005
front row

Yes, especially when I carry my LV multicolore. I get curious stares and even one of my friend remarked that it is a fake, but then she's a cheapskate so how can she even verify since she won't every buy the real thing.

08-09-2005
scenester

No one has ever asked me up front. But I'm guessing people look at my bags and wonder if its fake or not.

04-10-2005
front row

I think it's soooo rude! It's right up there with "Are you pregnant?" in my list of never-to-ask-anyone. I would never do it.... BUT I do try to guess if it's real or not everytime I spot someone with a bag I've never been asked, and I don't know how I would react (Ok, knowing me, I would say : Yes it's real, how about your nose? )

To all of you who have Bf who know a gucci from a dior, consider yourselves lucky... After 5 years of effort, mine still believe Chanel is the name of our neighbor's DOG

My french makeup blog
04-10-2005
scenester

It happened to my daughter a few years ago with a Dior bag...a total stranger, a woman, was watching (staring actually) at it and finally she said "Love the bag". My daughter smiled and said "thank you". Should have been end of story but no, she comes in closer and loudly says "OMG, that's a REAL Dior bag! That bag is like $800.00! I can't believe YOU (and she pointed at me) let her have a Dior bag! *I* don't even own one," she announces to everyone within shouting distance. My daughter and I were absolutely flabbergasted at this woman's rudeness, and a little scared too.

05-10-2005
front row

I have this GORGEOUS bag with no obvious logo. Sometimes I notice (in shops mainly) women with their eyes glued to the bag, then they ask "what make is your bag"?. Well, its a Delvaux (Thalis) and 99.9 % of people have never heard about it, so there I go explaining where the shop is etc etc etc. But it's flattering!

05-10-2005
stl
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee3
It happened to my daughter a few years ago with a Dior bag...a total stranger, a woman, was watching (staring actually) at it and finally she said "Love the bag". My daughter smiled and said "thank you". Should have been end of story but no, she comes in closer and loudly says "OMG, that's a REAL Dior bag! That bag is like $800.00! I can't believe YOU (and she pointed at me) let her have a Dior bag! *I* don't even own one," she announces to everyone within shouting distance. My daughter and I were absolutely flabbergasted at this woman's rudeness, and a little scared too.
she was envious I am, too. When will my mom buy me a Dior?!

05-10-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl
she was envious I am, too. When will my mom buy me a Dior?!
Don't be envious. She paid for it herself, and it nearly emptied her bank account. At the time, I had tried to talk her out of it, but it was her money so she could do as she pleased (as long as it wasn't dangerous) . She's got an amazing sense for fashion and has definitely gotten her money's worth from that bag...and it still looks as great as day one.

09-10-2005
windowshopping

Haha, yeah someone did lately. The girl didn't exactly asked if I had a fake bag, she asked which label my bag was. And I had no clue to be honest! I bought it just because I loved the bag. It's not one from a high street chain. No way. It's just a nice a bag from a good, small quality shop in Amsterdam. They sell there high quality leather wear.

No, I do not own label of fake bags. And I do not care about it either. But the girl and her question made me laugh out loud!

'Desire is hunger is the fire I breath, love is the banquet on which we feed'

09-10-2005
backstage pass

I did have a Nordstrom sales lady compliment me on my Biasia bag. I was carrying a Balenciaga twiggy.

09-10-2005
tfs star

i was at an opening the other day and two acquaintances asked if my balenciaga pewter classique was a fake. I said no and one was like, "how did you get that?" It's looking nicely beat up since I've had it for almost a year now, but a just sort of smiled and shrugged-- what can you say? "I spent a small fortune on a bag and it IS gorgeous?"

10-10-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by circoit
I did have a Nordstrom sales lady compliment me on my Biasia bag. I was carrying a Balenciaga twiggy.

front row

yes. a friend of mine nontheless. well more like an acquaintance.
she asked me if my Dior was fake and i turned around to my friend in complete shock, who replied to her laughing, "its jen... do you think she'd do fake?"

too right!

12-10-2005
rising star

i find it amusing how some people give me this snooty/superior look when they see me with my LV bags simply because they've never seen a Mono Laser, LV Cup, or show collection bag before and it doesn't look like the fake brown Mono Canvas or Multicolours they're carrying. and im beggining to notice the same with my Balenciaga sac messengers too: "but aren't Balenciagas handbags?"

rising star

I haven't been asked that question yet, but when i carry my chloe paddy or fendi spy i notice people hovering close and staring at them, many SA's at saks at different times have asked me how I managed to get a hold of them, and ive gotten compliments from shoppers at high end stores, but most of the time its just snooty stares, never admiring

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asked, bag, designer, fake