How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-08-2007
V.I.P.

oh wow, they have some sweet cuff bracelets! karma

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com

20-08-2007
girl who fell to earth

i got the olive mosaique bag today (is it normal for them to ship items separately??)

it's really big..
makes me regret i'm not in school anymore because it would have made a great school bag..

the fold over thing seems to work better in theory than reality from what i could tell when i was playing with it earlier..
i've already transferred my stuff into it to give it a test run and see whether i should keep it :p
i think it's growing on me, because there was something weird about the handle/strap at first..

will post pics of both bags when the other one comes in

Last edited by ChrissyM; 22-08-2007 at 10:54 PM.
22-08-2007
front row

Can't wait to see your pics..
Also I forgot to mention, I also have the Nomad Hobo in Fir..I love the ruffle details....
I am thinking of getting the passport wallet to hold my passport and my hubby's..
Their accessories are nice...I just hope they make a bigger makeup case...
*sigh* my wishlist just gets longer and longer...

16-09-2007
girl who fell to earth

soooo...
still haven't gotten the purple hobo
emailed them at the beginning of last week, and they told me that it should be here by the end of the week, so 8 or 9 days ago..
still no sign...
apparently it's back ordered...

anyway, i have been using the mosaique bag since they shipped it to me and snapped a few pics today to share

not a great shot of the interior, but it's still full of my stuff and you probably get the point :p

17-09-2007
backstage pass

Congrats on your new bag! I ordered a few things from their last sale. They should arrive this week! When they arrive, I'll post an update! I got (pics from haydenharnett.com):

Thalia in chalk

Mercer Triple Compartment in iznik yellow

Pompidou clutch

make up case

ďFor beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness;
and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.Ē Audrey Hepburn
17-09-2007
trendsetter

I've completely fallen in love with the Havana hobo in eggplant. I've been desperately looking for a great bag in that shade for ages now. Can anyone who has this particular style offer any comments/opinions? I tend to carry a lot of stuff in my bags, so I'm looking for something with a decent amount of room and a really comfortable strap.

17-09-2007
when the rats run riot

Chrissy, love your bag!
it really is big, but in just the right way...
it would be perfect for school (i will be sure to tell my mom this when i ask for one of these bags :p)
disappointing to hear that the shipping kind of sounds like an american-apparel type deal? ...or more proffesional than them?

tloveshim, i really like the Thalia bag! please do post an update when you get it, i want to hear all of its details

i think i will ask for a hayden-harnett bag for christmas...
gah, but which one do i like the most?

18-09-2007
girl who fell to earth

^^yeah seems comparable to the american apparel thing in terms of customer service..
whenever i try calling their number it goes to some weird sort of voicemail that doesn't work

they still haven't charged my card for either of the bags though so i'm not complaining too much

18-09-2007
trendsetter

How long now have you been waiting for your Havana, Chrissy?

18-09-2007
girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikspell View Post
How long now have you been waiting for your Havana, Chrissy?
i ordered it over a month ago--august 15th or 16th..
and i had to email them to find out that it was backordered..
they didn't contact or alert me at all to that fact...

you would think that they would note that on their website, right?

i'll call or email again at the end of the week if i still haven't received it..

18-09-2007
trendsetter

That's so frustrating! I hate when companies are that slow. I'm thinking of ordering the same bag but I may hold off for a little while, I'm not sure. The site says it's available for pre-order and will ship September 24th.

18-09-2007
girl who fell to earth

hmmm
i'm wondering if that was there all along and i was just dense about it
i guess i can expect it soon anyway...

18-09-2007
backstage pass

My first order has arrived! This is the Thalia in chalk and I adore it! The color is a very stunning white-ish color with grey/blue undertones. I believe it will be a great bag for all seasons rather than just a white summer bag which is a relief! (I hate bags that are one season!) The lining is gorgeous! I am truly a sucker for beautiful lining! This is the biggest reason why I ordered this bag; I wanted the gorgeous lining! And I have wanted something in chalk for a while too! And it has tons of room! I didn't realize it had pockets all the way around the outside (I've not found a use for them yet but I'm sure they'll serve some purpose later!) plus all the room and pockets inside! So here are my pics! I also got a clear cosmetic case so included a pic of it showing how much you can fit in it! Pardon the horrible attire; I was planning on working with my horse today but it rained and I haven't changed! (pics by me)

ďFor beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness;
and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.Ē Audrey Hepburn
19-09-2007
girl who fell to earth

^^definitely roomier than it looks!
very nice

the lining is..

19-09-2007
backstage pass

Thanks, Chrissy! Here's my 2nd order (one more to go, should be here tomorrow):

The Mercer Triple Compartment in Iznik Yellow. The color is more like a bright mustard color. Reminds me of prepared mustard! It's a great fall color, should go well with browns, rusts, black etc. The lining is a different material than the Thalia, it's sort of like linen. Pretty but not as soft. This is a more rugged bag. I like it alot though! The pics aren't a great representation of the color, it's richer and deeper.

pics by me

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handbags, haydenharnett