How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2004
windowshopping

Salutation,

Bought an LV Messenger bag ABBESSES. After using it for a few days, i found out the center of the bag gets folded creating a triangular fold that seems to spoil the canvas.
Anyone have any idea how to avoid it?

Thank You
Anders

15-01-2004
V.I.P.

Seriously?
That is kind of :/

...And I've been really wanting one!
I'm not so sure about that now.

15-01-2004
windowshopping

Let me clarify myself. It is a nice bag.
But it might be because i haven't that much to carry in the bag. And i sling it quite low below the pelvis.
I really wish i could leave stuffings inside to get that puffed up looks.

15-01-2004
V.I.P.

Oh, I get it. I'd most likely be putting tons of things in it. I have a lot to carry around! :/

Maybe you could put something inside it while it's not in use so it won't lose its shape.

15-01-2004
scenester

you know...a lot of LV canvas bags do that. i've actually put in a piece of soft cardboard in my papillon to make sure it holds that beautiful cylindrical shape. EEEP! can't believe i'm actually telling anyone this! maybe you could put in some extra stuff just at the bottom to make it a little more easy to work with. btw, are you actually buttoning it at the bottom or just leaving it flapping around? that might make a difference. good luck!

16-01-2004
rising star

I was thinking of getting that bag, too! It looks like it's meant for books or a laptop, thus the rectangle shape. Anyhow, I'd probably just place a folder or books in it to "puff" it out. By the way, is it sturdy? I mean, does it have rivets on the handles, where it joins the bag? I just don't want to buy it and have it rip a few years down the road. Thanks!

16-01-2004
backstage pass

don't want to hurt feelings but I really don't like this bag the whole monogram thing is

16-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Christopher31@Jan 15th, 2004 - 11:52 pm
don't want to hurt feelings but I really don't like this bag the whole monogram thing is
I agree somewhat.
I go in and out of loving that bag, which is why I have yet to buy it.
I mean, yes the LV monogram is classic and will never go out of style, but it's so overexposed right now. I might wait until the whole logomania trend dies down to buy it. Either that or save up for the Fonzie bag....

17-01-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by couturefemme@Jan 15th, 2004 - 6:33 pm
you know...a lot of LV canvas bags do that. i've actually put in a piece of soft cardboard in my papillon to make sure it holds that beautiful cylindrical shape. EEEP! can't believe i'm actually telling anyone this! maybe you could put in some extra stuff just at the bottom to make it a little more easy to work with. btw, are you actually buttoning it at the bottom or just leaving it flapping around? that might make a difference. good luck!
Ohh that is such a good idea! I hate how mine gets all crunched if I'm only carrying a few things... I hate stuffing my bags to the brim because I can't find anything inside, and I've just had mine sitting in the closet with a t-shirt stuffed inside it to keep the shape.

I am going to hunt for some cardboard now..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, messenger