How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-12-2005
backstage pass

Henry Cuir Handbags Durability?
Just bought a HC handbag and I absolutely adore it to no end (the blu jean); however, I am left wondering how they age? Every stitch on this bag is done by hand and well, for almost 1,500 USD I would love to know if this bag will hold up in the end after every day use and abuse.

If anyone out there has comments re: this bag I would LOVE to hear.....

15-12-2005
backstage pass

photos finally!
here are the photos of my beloved bag . . .

16-12-2005
tfs star

mammab,

I've never seen these bags, but I think it's gorgeous . Looks like a really great alternative to balenciaga. Your bag looks very well made and it also looks like they paid attention to every little detail - love it! Congrats .

16-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalBabe
mammab,

I've never seen these bags, but I think it's gorgeous . Looks like a really great alternative to balenciaga. Your bag looks very well made and it also looks like they paid attention to every little detail - love it! Congrats .
Hi Bal Yeah, they are pretty rare as I have come to find out and that's what I really about the line. Imagine, every little stitch is handmade -- no sewing machine, nothing....all by hand! Makes me so appreciate of this precious bag.

Thanks for noticing xoxoxo hugs....I just need a change and I think Henry Cuir is right up my alley!

16-12-2005
V.I.P.

It's gorgeous. It should last you a lifetime - it's a really high quality label.

16-12-2005
front row

mammab.. I love the leather on the bag? Could you tell me what kind of leather it is?
btw.. it's definetely a keeper.

16-12-2005
trendsetter

Oh, it's beautiful, mammab! Yummy. From everything I've read about Henry Cuir, it should age beautifully and the hand-made aspect won't make it any less durable. Gosh, as I'm writing I'm realizing I'm actually quite jealous. Yikes. Time to go meditate or something.

16-12-2005
rising star

Mamma B ... the new bag .. so cute! What a great find! I have to say .. it's such a nice compliment to your other handbags and looks like it's wonderfully made! xxoo

16-12-2005
V.I.P.

Love the bag, mammab I remember seeing a Henry Cuir bag that had little details on it that made it look like a house, I though it was so adorable.

16-12-2005
V.I.P.

i love henry cuir. these bags are definitely more worth the $$ and durable than, say, balenciaga...

it'll last you a lifetime, mammab.

16-12-2005
tfs star

mammab, congrats! That's a gorgeous bag! I've read that Henry Cuir has excellent quality control, so the bag should last you a lifetime (and then some).

16-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloegal
mammab.. I love the leather on the bag? Could you tell me what kind of leather it is?
btw.. it's definetely a keeper.
You guys are all so awesome, thank you everyone!!

Chloe -- I've actually been analyzing it and I'm pretty sure its goat; however, it could also be calf, but I am not sure because it's thin, but not too thin ya know? What I love about it is that it it shaped like a structured bag but is super slouchy.

I really believe I have found the bag for life as I have been searching for a bag high and low that has amazing leather that I can use and abuse and not worry and one that looks great with everything. I think I have 3 bags now, each with one characterisctic of what I have been looking for. This HC bag rolls all of them into one.

Thanks again you guys

16-12-2005
front row

is it weird that your pictures make me want to like, bite the leather?? :p it looks so supple and yum! and the embroidery is adorable.

enjoy it!! i bet it will last a good, long time.

16-12-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab
Hi Bal Yeah, they are pretty rare as I have come to find out and that's what I really about the line. Imagine, every little stitch is handmade -- no sewing machine, nothing....all by hand! Makes me so appreciate of this precious bag.

Thanks for noticing xoxoxo hugs....I just need a change and I think Henry Cuir is right up my alley!
Changes are good, but well made changes are FANTASTIC . Enjoy that beautiful bag and wallet - I love them both . Oh, and I can only imagine how great your bag is going to look when it gets its wear and tear - you can't say that for many bags.

16-12-2005
fashion elite

gorgeous mammb! I love henry cuir/beguelin. I have two henry beguelins (one from 10 years ago!) that have held up well and aged beautifully, but you do have to be mindful that this leather is natural and intended to age so water spots and such will stain (but the leather will darken so they won't be noticeable over time). I think I've seen this bag -- it's big (like 20" across), right? wear it in good health!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cuir, durability, handbags, henry