How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-12-2009
front row

So sorry they are from Olsenfiles and Wmagazine

27-12-2009
V.I.P.

there are Travel Birkins, which are basically just oversized Birkins and there are HACs, Haut Au Corrois. HACs are taller and have a different clasp. from the pics you posted, Katy is carrying a HAC, see the longer body?

the red one in the W spread is an oversized Birkin.

i think Ashley is also carrying a Travel Birkin, altho i can't be 100% sure.

28-12-2009
fashion elite

I committed an Hermes sin:
I was bequeathed my aunt's Kellys (6 of them) and I sold them and gave the money to various charities.Being a vegan,I couldn't use them.What do you all think of that?

28-12-2009
V.I.P.

^ I support our decision to do that I think it's very nice of you to do that. I personally would've probably kept at least one but seeing as you couldn't use them selling them all and putting the money to good use was a better decision.

29-12-2009
front row

Can anyone recommend a reputable consignment shop within the US? I have a 40 cm Hermes Birkin from 2000. It is Fjord leather with gold hardware and in excellent, almost brand new condition. I ended up buying two 35 cm shortly after that and never looked at the 40 cm again. I would like to consign it with a trustworthy place and hopefully get a good price for it. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly

29-12-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Femme View Post
Can anyone recommend a reputable consignment shop within the US? I have a 40 cm Hermes Birkin from 2000. It is Fjord leather with gold hardware and in excellent, almost brand new condition. I ended up buying two 35 cm shortly after that and never looked at the 40 cm again. I would like to consign it with a trustworthy place and hopefully get a good price for it. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly

try luxury-portal, Kaleidoplace, http://www.jemznjewels.com and Anns Fabulous Finds

06-01-2010
windowshopping

I am thinking about getting a birkin, but my cuzin has one and she says its v heavy without having anything in it, so i dunno if its worth it..does anyone have a pic of one in dark green on gold hardware?

I recently got a kelly and im so inlove with it, but its in tadelakt leather so its soo sensitivie, i have to be extra careful when using it, which means i barely do use it!

06-01-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabuleux View Post
I am thinking about getting a birkin, but my cuzin has one and she says its v heavy without having anything in it, so i dunno if its worth it..does anyone have a pic of one in dark green on gold hardware?
I think the heaviness just depends on the leather. I don't find mine to be that heavy. I have chevre birkins, a fjord birkin, and an ostrich birkin. I think the fjord birkin is the lightest for me, but the others aren't bad at all.

At the part in bold, I have a vert fonce birkin with gold hardware. I will try to find my pictures and post them for you.

Last edited by kryptoniteAKA; 06-01-2010 at 10:18 AM.
06-01-2010
windowshopping

Here it is. Vert fonce 30cm birkin with GHW in fjord.

Photo credit: my own
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iPhoto Library.jpg (37.3 KB, 9 views)

07-01-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Femme View Post

Fashionphile is another famous online consignment store:

http://www.fashionphile.com/

09-01-2010
front row

Thanks so much BlkLadyLaw and Shopholic for your suggestions!!

09-01-2010
®

Wow the Hermes Birkin's still so covetable. I guess it's a good investment.

DÔMMkammern

i want to help a family member choosing her first hermès, and while i know my lambs and caviars chez Chanel, I have no clue about hermès beyond the different models HaC, kelly, birkin, whatsoever...
it will most definitely be one of those three, so where can i go learn about different leathers, colors, sizes, hardware... i know the variety is kind of infinite?
is there a blog/post somewhere that clearly explains this?
can someone break it down for me?
any help will be MUCH appreciated

btw, the Himalayan croc is to die for! not that we could be possibly looking for/at one of those...

DÔMMkammern

HA! i am compulsively studying the purse forum hermes reference library now!
thank you all who enlightened me!!!

scenester

Hi there, news is out that Rouge Garance is ready for podium order. HTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill View Post
I feel like a himalayan croc - non-existent! Extinct! Whatever, not keen on the look personally don't like the ombre effect shading of the skin.

Has anyone here heard about the discontinuation of Rouge Garance? I recently made an order for a new model shoulder birkin in this colour and my SA here said all went well. However, a number of posters on the highly populated Hermes thread of "The Purse Forum" said that this colour was now to be discontinued and that it was no longer available for podium order - including this past July 09 podium - where I placed my order!? If anyone here knows anything at all about this, please let me know! TIA!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handbag, hermès, thread