How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-04-2010
backstage pass

how much is a 30 cm canvas birkin?

20-04-2010
fashion elite

i've heard you have to wait up to two years to get a birkin!! is it true??

12-05-2010
backstage pass

not true. you can walk in and depending on luck find a birkin sitting on the shelf. the size, colour, leather and hardware - palladium (silver) or gold though might not be what you are looking for.

in japan you can get them off the shelves, they're plentiful but you pay a premium.

back home depending where you are from, there may be a long waitlist.

18-05-2010
windowshopping

Has anyone read Michael Tonello's Bringing home the Birkin?

I am saving up for one Got birkin envy the other day when I heard my partner's assistant (who is at a tender age of 22) was gifted one by her parents!! Lucky ducky..

22-05-2010
V.I.P.

bringing home the birkin was genius!
so good i gave it to various friends as a gift!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
01-06-2010
windowshopping

OK -- question for you Birkin-lovers. I've had mine for nearly two years and love it. It's black with silver HW. What do you think about tying an Hermes scarf onto one of the handles? Is it over the top, too much? I've always done it with my bags, but I want to remain somewhat understated with my Birkin, and I'm afraid it's a little ostentatious. Thoughts? Thanks!

01-06-2010
fashion elite

why not?? i think it looks classy and chic, so do it...

05-06-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Tudor View Post
Hello all! Have not posted here in years! I do come and lurk every once and a while. Grill, you hit is right on the nose! All that stuff really is vomit inducing! How can they take themselves so seriously?

Laboheme, your collection is simply lovely! Why is it taking so long to have a strap made? Didn't you write a thank you note and bring candy to your SA? That is emblematic of what is ridiculous with this company. Make them wait and they will think it is worth even more!
Hey You ! Remember me?? I havent been posting for years too,and i was looking for familiar usernames and One of them is you,.....

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyla m. View Post
bringing home the birkin was genius!
so good i gave it to various friends as a gift!
Hi Leyla....How are You??? I have the Book but i havent got the time to finish

V.I.P.

hi purse!!! long time no see!! i am well hope you are too!!!

u need to finish it it is really good!!!!!!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
06-06-2010
trendsetter

I am,Thank You,Well now I will Def read it,since i have a good review from you ,I just Bought it Coz I thought The Title was Interesting,LOL

trendsetter

I Would Like to share My thoughts With You here,
To be Honest I rarely use my Birkins These days,.Because I think They are now,especially in the Country where I live in,a 3rd world country with lots of new money kinda crowd that would go to any extent to be called "fashionable and "rich"",the birkins have increasingly became overrated status symbol and stopped being appreciated for its quality and good taste

I used to feel sooo nice using my birkin,the feel of the luxurious leather and craftmanship blew me away,i treasured them so much because i remember how hard it was to get them,like my 1st gold birkin,i had to call up the milan shop like 30 times,checking everyday whether theres any "on the floor"birkin that people on the waiting list might have cancelled on buying.

and i waited exactly 2 years for my next one,

well i didnt have to do those things if i wanted to spend $15k on a togo birkin from a respected seller on the net,but i didnt do it because i think the price is too ridiculous.

But Now,let me tell you this,theres a Blackberry Messanger "Hermes Group" that i joined( i left the group a few days ago,because i got sick of seeing those bags everyday,,can you believe it???),that is sending me pictures of birkins and kellys for SALE,like every hour,they will send me a few new pictures,its like over a 100 birkins available for sale in that group!! and some of them are Crocs,they are ALL Authentic,guaranteed,and the price eventho its surely above the boutique price,its a pretty reasonable price,its that "easy"now to get them if you have the money for it,sooo,its like when I go to a shopping centre now,I can see like 20 women carrying birkins in various colours,

So i dont feel that they are so "special" anymore,except that i will always treasure their craftmanship. Anybody here feels the same way????

scenester

i've never seen this before, thought i should share this with the group, a spiked birkin

source: www.perezhilton.com

Last edited by Elegantly Wasted; 06-06-2010 at 02:13 PM.
06-06-2010
backstage pass

Hermes Paris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkJbop5HQ9I

06-06-2010
backstage pass

Hermes USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkR1Y_hH37w&NR=1

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
handbag, hermès, thread