How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-05-2004
front row

Hi

I recently got a Dior Girly handbag from eBay a couple of weeks ago and am desparate to figure out clues to find out if it is authentic or not.

These are the reasons I think it might be fake:
1) The zipper pull on the outside is shaped like a rectangle
2) The eBayer mailed it to me with a silk bag w/ red 'Christian Dior' writing
3) On the inside of the bag is a white tag, and on the bag is a number, something like MA-1062 (or close to it) , the same number I saw on several bags around the net, and I thought this number is the unique one of a kind serial number (but was told by the seller it's when it was made, so several bags can have the same number.)

So does anyone have an authentic that could maybe compare/tell me if these reasons aren't really reasons to think it's fake at all?

Here's what the authentic bag (from eluxury.com) looks like:

02-05-2004
V.I.P.

if u must buy from ebay u pay for the consequences...
did u think it was fake? why on earth did u buy it in the first place
n how much did u pay...
deary me....

02-05-2004
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by Frostelized@May 2nd, 2004 - 1:03 pm
Hi

I recently got a Dior Girly handbag from eBay a couple of weeks ago and am desparate to figure out clues to find out if it is authentic or not.

These are the reasons I think it might be fake:
1) The zipper pull on the outside is shaped like a rectangle
2) The eBayer mailed it to me with a silk bag w/ red 'Christian Dior' writing
3) On the inside of the bag is a white tag, and on the bag is a number, something like MA-1062 (or close to it) , the same number I saw on several bags around the net, and I thought this number is the unique one of a kind serial number (but was told by the seller it's when it was made, so several bags can have the same number.)

So does anyone have an authentic that could maybe compare/tell me if these reasons aren't really reasons to think it's fake at all?

Here's what the authentic bag (from eluxury.com) looks like:
Your right about some of those points

How to tell a fake Dior girly (boston bag)

1. the dustbag is silk- should be cottom
2. the authenticity card has christian dior in gold and the top of the card - it should be in the center of the card in black
3. fakes have the rectangle shaped zip puller on the outside - should be a leaf shape
4. the dior padlock has a key - the real one has a spring lock no keys required!

Hope that helps you! But never buy anything expensive from ebay.

02-05-2004
V.I.P.

sorry to say but sounds very fake to me.

the dust bag is a giveaway for sure

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
02-05-2004
V.I.P.

how rude of us all
welcome to fspot....

02-05-2004
front row

The bag cost about $270. I didn't know if it was fake or not, the seller said it was authentic, and later when I emailed her about it, she said that she gets her bags from a girl who works at Neiman Marcus etc.

Vintage - are you sure about those tips? I went to one site with fake-spotting tips etc. and one said if it had a tag attached with a plastic ring it was fake, but I saw several in official boutiques attached with plastic rings (instead of string) I'm really eager for some info from an actual Dior boutique (I wish I could call one, but I don't have the number for any ) / someone who has a bag and knows that the bag is supposed to have a leaf shape ALL THE TIME instead of some of the time etc. (Reason I'm kind of paranoid about the zipper pull is the other style of Dior Girly bags have rectangular shapes from what I've seen and it just confuses me as to why some bags would have rectangular pulls and then have the Girly handheld one have a leaf :/)

Thanks Seditionary

P.S. Does anyone have a Dior boutique number in their town that maybe I could call? I live in Georgia, so one in Florida would be the best. I called the Dior boutique official line, and they said I need to bring it in to a boutique. :\ I don't think I'll ever get it officially authenticated. LOL

02-05-2004
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by Frostelized@May 2nd, 2004 - 2:48 pm
The bag cost about $270. I didn't know if it was fake or not, the seller said it was authentic, and later when I emailed her about it, she said that she gets her bags from a girl who works at Neiman Marcus etc.

Vintage - are you sure about those tips? I went to one site with fake-spotting tips etc. and one said if it had a tag attached with a plastic ring it was fake, but I saw several in official boutiques attached with plastic rings (instead of string) I'm really eager for some info from an actual Dior boutique (I wish I could call one, but I don't have the number for any ) / someone who has a bag and knows that the bag is supposed to have a leaf shape ALL THE TIME instead of some of the time etc. (Reason I'm kind of paranoid about the zipper pull is the other style of Dior Girly bags have rectangular shapes from what I've seen and it just confuses me as to why some bags would have rectangular pulls and then have the Girly handheld one have a leaf :/)

Thanks Seditionary

P.S. Does anyone have a Dior boutique number in their town that maybe I could call? I live in Georgia, so one in Florida would be the best. I called the Dior boutique official line, and they said I need to bring it in to a boutique. :\ I don't think I'll ever get it officially authenticated. LOL
Frostelized- im sorry but im pretty sure its a fake Dior girly bag you bought. You must email the buyer and demand a refund or report her!
I know its fake because i got one and the leaf shape is meant for the outside zip on the boston bag.
Another giveaway that its not authentic is $270 is too cheap for the real thing

02-05-2004
V.I.P.

Frostelized, your bag is definitely fake. Sorry

02-05-2004
V.I.P.

frostey like the other said... its def fake...
dont fuss urself by tryna ring up stores n stuff,
report that woman... n get a refund...
close her operation DOWN! u can do it cagney

02-05-2004
front row

Awww, alright thanks guys

I wanted a messenger bag ANYWAY :Lol

03-05-2004
fashion insider

don't even need to look at the details, a $270 Dior Girly Boston is definitely fake.
sorry

03-05-2004
backstage pass

Yes, never buy designer on Ebay, imho.

Ebay is the reason why now I only buy...*cough*...make my BF buy my designer purses from the boutique itself or a store like Neiman's.

~Amara

03-05-2004
V.I.P.

What a nice BF you got hehe

03-05-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by Frostelized@May 2nd, 2004 - 10:01 pm
Awww, alright thanks guys

I wanted a messenger bag ANYWAY :Lol
Hi and Welcome to TFS. Dont worry too much, try and get your refund back. Report her, because she is fraudulent and mislead you to believe the bag was authentic. Unfortunately, ebay have tooo many of those bags for sale, and i personally would not be able to tell the difference between fake and authentic, so would not even consider parting with cash for anything designer and new on Ebay.

I would strongly advise you to save your money and buy directly from the boutique itself, because nothing beats the feeling of knowing your goods are genuine.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »