How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-06-2011
fashion insider

I sent NBF an email about my black city being shiny when I first got it and they said it was just the wax. Dom said he kept using his black city and the shine wore off haha.

16-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBird View Post
On another note, the tassels on the boys Bals, have they changed in terms of quality? Or am I going crazy?
I think I know what you're referring to. Based on your pics, your tassels aren't flat and straight (like the auth), but kinked up, right? The Black RH City I received from the boys has straight tassels, and it's supposed to be the same batch as your Black RH City. However, the Blue Roi Velo I purchased a few months ago has 'kinked up' tassels too. I have thought of placing the Blue Roi tassels in between two pieces of cloth to iron on low heat and straighten them out, but I'm worried the heat may damage the leather. Some members have suggested placing the tassels in between heavy books and let the weight flatten/straighten out the kinks. If it really bugs you, you can try the 2nd method. I haven't done anything to my Blue Roi tassels though ...

If you intend to buy more Bal bags from the boys in the future, I would suggest that you describe the type of leather AND send a photo (if possible). I picked up this tip from one of the regular members here and so far, all the bags I've purchased from the boys have had leather that's to my liking.

16-06-2011
rising star

I will be placing an order with J in the next couple of days, if anyone in UK/Europe wants in let me know asap!

16-06-2011
scenester

Call me weird but i actually like shiny leather. Well anyways i had a few shiny bags that became quite matte with use like around 1 month? Try taking out a few times and the shine should fade a bit. ♥
If the shine really bothers you still try reselling on ioffer like some of the girls have said.

On another note buyandsell sent me photos of my light grey rh city but now im wondering if i should have gotten nbfs ardiose rh city instead...those of yo with ardiose is the color similar enough to buyandsells light grey that it wouldnt be justifiable for me to get ardiose as well?
TIA
Posted via Mobile Device

16-06-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPrincess113 View Post
Russler I heard from her this morning around 5am (Cali time) and she gave me a tracking #. Usually she is responsive if you say things like "i want to order.." or "i would like to order.."

PrincessBird I am SO sorry. I'm always afraid of getting a bad one with any supplier - NBF, J or Catty, etc. Mine was shiny too. Some parts of my bag actually have no distressing but every bag is diff, even auths. I drenched mine in Lovin My Bags' Silk Conditioner. It took some shine away and I've just been using the bag constantly. If you don't like it though, try selling it on ioffer. I saw the anthra leather and it was amazing..but then again you never know what batch you will get with NBF
She was supposed to get me pics of her chain around Maxi and nothing from her since. I wrote her again and nothing. Odd because I've been a very good customer.

16-06-2011
front row

I found that with conditioning (basically anything works) and having the tassels on the bag for a few weeks, the "kinks" work themselves out fairly quickly. A nice, thick conditioner or hand lotion really helps.

I had a black Day from T&D last year that was super-shiny and dry as could be. I hit it with every conditioner I had in the house, even some stuff that I wouldn't recommend, and nothing helped remove the shine. It drove me nuts, but after carrying it for a year, and having it get oil from my skin and sunscreen and dirt all over it, it's now settled down to a lovely, distressed sheen that looks just like an authentic. So maybe if you use and abuse your City, some day it will wear down to a nice finish?

(And if you want to feel better, just look at all the pictures on the 'other forum' with authentics that have a mirror finish.)

Last edited by ShoestringTravel; 16-06-2011 at 01:47 PM.

16-06-2011
rising star

yeah I would to join if anyone is making an order with girls from europe im desidering soo much his ps1 in black and now that i recieved my medium tan im already loving it sooo much

16-06-2011
tfs star

What does everyone think of Jacky's Alexa in gunmetal sparkle tweed? I love the bag but I can't help thinking Jacky's is a bit....shiny?

16-06-2011
front row

Here's a picture of the NBF Day after a year's use. While it's by no means matte, and it looks shinier in the picture than in real life, I've really gotten to like it. (pic: mine)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nbfday.jpg (494.7 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by ShoestringTravel; 16-06-2011 at 11:16 PM.

17-06-2011
rising star

Any Canadian gals/guys here affected by the postal strike? Jacky just told me hk post isn't shipping to Canada now until the strike is over, so if I want my bags I have to pay an additional $80 for dhl....grrrrr! If you're about to pay for your order, I'd wait till shipping is up and running again - otherwise you'll pay more, or sit and wait with your bank acct out of $435 and your package sitting and waiting in china
Posted via Mobile Device

17-06-2011
backstage pass

I also got a black day from NBF before, it was shiny at first but after a few weeks of daily use the shine went away on its own, and the leather became softer too...

17-06-2011
rising star

Anyone ordered anything from ehbest lately? How's the quality? Now that the site is password protected they seem to have selection that some of our usual sellers don't????? Would love to hear thoughts before I take the plunge on some LV.

17-06-2011
windowshopping

I also think that something in going on with the tassels my first purchased was back in Dec Turquiose City and tassels were flat after that I had pursed 5 RH from boys and all of them has bents tassels not straight at all It bothers me a little I had try placing then in between books but in my case is just not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBird View Post
PinkPrincess I am so jealous of you getting such an amazing city from the boys (but also very happy for you)!
I was really hoping the boys would have had an eye at this batch. I guess I will have to try and sell it. I will Order the Anthra Work RH and just hope she is better!

On another note, the tassels on the boys Bals, have they changed in terms of quality? Or am I going crazy?

Thanks for the responses!

17-06-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ki View Post
Apologies if this has been posted before but I did a search and nothing came up. Does anyone know the name of this Miu Miu bag or even if it is "real"?
I don't know if it has a name but this is the authentic one on mytheresa

http://www.mytheresa.com/uk_en/bow-d...utm_campaign=2

17-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallin View Post
Any Canadian gals/guys here affected by the postal strike? Jacky just told me hk post isn't shipping to Canada now until the strike is over, so if I want my bags I have to pay an additional $80 for dhl....grrrrr! If you're about to pay for your order, I'd wait till shipping is up and running again - otherwise you'll pay more, or sit and wait with your bank acct out of $435 and your package sitting and waiting in china
Posted via Mobile Device
I ordered two Bottegas from Jacky and paid him May 29th. I knew the strike was coming and didn't know how long it would last so I asked him how much to ship DHL. He said it would be an additional $30 for the two bags. I figured I was already going to pay $40 so what's an extra $30? I can barely get lunch at Earls for that! I was supposed to get the Maxi Veneta & Roma Tote but the Maxi was delayed by two weeks & we were waiting for it to ship with the Roma. Then I saw a Roma in Camel! I asked Jacky to ship me two Roma Totes zip-zip! (I'll get the Maxi in a few weeks). He shipped them June 15 (China time) and I received them today. I'll gladly pay $70 to get my bags in 3 days without customs issues. Especially considering they're 1:1 mirror replicas. So much so I'll have no issues strolling into BV at The Palazzo in two weeks.
Maybe you can get together with some other girls and do a group order and split the shipping costs. I wouldn't mind getting another BV.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #10, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules