How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-06-2011
V.I.P.

Does anyone have or know of somewhere I can see comparison pictures of an authentic AW Rocco and Jacky's Rocco. I just want to know if it is spot on?

18-06-2011
scenester

Okay now I'm really worried..I ordered a black city gsh from the boys, I hope it will not be too shiny..

18-06-2011
rising star

Hi Ladies

I just read all of your comments! I'm so glad I am not the only person who has had this happen to. I took it out on a trip yesterday and got my boyfriend to rough it up a bit (seeing as I am so delicate with my bags).. I dont think there are any changed yet, but I will definitely keep you posted. I guess this city is going to be an experiment piece.

SMKelly Its reassuring to know that the bag ended up losing its shine. How did you go about dying your bag exactly? That sounds tricky!

Pink Princess, you telling me this is extremely reassuring. And you are happy with your city now right?

Xooey thanks for the tip! I will definitely be sending them photos of my leather preferences from now on! Have you always gotten the bags you wanted after sending them photos? Because I thought that when they had a leather batch there wasn't a choice about what kind of leather you wanted for your bag?
On another note Xooey, I ironed my tassels in-between thick ironing fabric. It worked like a charm. I made sure my iron wasnt too hot and worked the tassels slowly. It actually made the tassels look thinner and straighter and much more authentic looking than the (pitiful) tassels I had before

So, after me rambling for ever.. Does anyone know when the boys are planning on releasing their new colors? When I asked they said around the 15th, but its passed now and I am still waiting. I'm really curious to see what the BLUE LAVANDE and the COQUELICOT

18-06-2011
rising star

.. are like.
I hope the boys get them as close to the authentic as possible. the blog, For the Love of Balenciaga has shown a few samples and the colors look delicious!
yumm yumm

xx

18-06-2011
backstage pass

SMKelly Its reassuring to know that the bag ended up losing its shine. How did you go about dying your bag exactly? That sounds tricky!

PrincessBird,

I was terrified, but it was SO liberating. I bought a bottle of Terrago ( Spanish dye brand) and a bottle of Fiebings (A German dye brand) online, and gave it three coats of one and finished with a coat of the other. I can't remember which it was now. Let it dry over night between coats, and voila!

Then I sold it to my co-worker, who has beat it up to no end, and it still looks amazing.

I posted the how-to instructions in one of the older threads.

Cheers,
Shelley

18-06-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKelly View Post

PrincessBird,

I was terrified, but it was SO liberating. I bought a bottle of Terrago ( Spanish dye brand) and a bottle of Fiebings (A German dye brand) online, and gave it three coats of one and finished with a coat of the other. I can't remember which it was now. Let it dry over night between coats, and voila!

Then I sold it to my co-worker, who has beat it up to no end, and it still looks amazing.

I posted the how-to instructions in one of the older threads.

Cheers,
Shelley

Oh jeez, I think I would have a fit. I dont think I would be able to ever dye a bal, unless maybe it was a bad fake.
But well done to you for having the courage to try something out!

18-06-2011
fashion insider

Princessbird Yes I looove my city now. I may have gotten a different batch because the leather looks really different. However try some lovin my bags silk conditioner. Or any type of conditioner! I did it about 7 times and the bag is silky and puddles up with absolutely zero shine.

The funniest part is that my mom is so opposed to fakes but when she saw me with my nbf black city today she thought it was 09 black RH city hahah!

Anyway I'm wanting some multicolor accessories now. I'm thinking of the white MC Eugenie wallet and the black MC zippy coin purse. Anyone have these? I would never go for auth with these cuz the MC seems to fade after heavy use. Can anyone comment on the quality of the MC stuff?
Posted via Mobile Device

19-06-2011
rising star

Does anyone know why Jacky isnt accepting paypal anymore?

19-06-2011
front row

It was shut down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovebags View Post
Does anyone know why Jacky isnt accepting paypal anymore?

19-06-2011
front row

Here is my NBF seigle Folk. I posted more pictures in the pictures only thread. (pic: mine) I love the leather, color, and size of this bag! It's starting to get some denim transfer, though, so I've got to watch that. :p Love love love this seigle leather, and I hope the boys keep on making more Folk bags in different colors (and Bal does, too, so we've got something to imitate)--it's really the perfect size for a messenger bag.

I've got a ardoise Folk, too, that I am hesitating to use until I hit it with some good protection. I'm tossing around the idea of putting LMB For Handles Only on the bottom/back of the bag to prevent grime and denim transfer. Has anyone used this product and can weigh in on whether this is a terrible idea or not? Does the FHO change the color of the leather such that you don't want to use it on the body of the bag? I just love the ardoise color so much, and want to prevent the inevitable grime and destruction as long as possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg folkA2.jpg (383.3 KB, 27 views)

19-06-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ki View Post
I will be placing an order with J in the next couple of days, if anyone in UK/Europe wants in let me know asap!
Aaaarrgggh, I placed my order beginning of last week! I'm only getting one item so paid the extra 50 dollars.

19-06-2011
fashion insider

For all the Tivoli owners...

Can anyone tell me if the leather is more stiff on the tivoli reps? I just compared my mom's auth Tivoli GM to my auth Galliera PM and the difference in leather is crazy. My mom's is stiff and hard while mine is a nice soft slouchier LV canvas. It's no wonder the tivoli is so structured. It looks amazing with not much in it too though. I wanted to get a rep of the GM since my mom wants to trade bags but I don't want her carrying my galliera because she's not too delicate with her bags haha.

Anyone have recs for a tivoli GM?

20-06-2011
scenester

i just found a korean website w***bag recently, and wow!! looking only from pictures, those bags are i think the best rep i have ever seen in my life. especially their mulberries, proenzas, chloes and a. wangs. Stitching and craftmanship is a class above j's and c's, IMO. i'm still trying to figure out how to order from them since it is all in korean lol!

20-06-2011
backstage pass

OMG I've collapsed...
Ladies,

For those of you on the fence about Jacky's Chain Around collection, BUY BUY BUY!!!!

I got the chain around Hobo in blackand...I'm at work and don't have my cam...the leather and craftsmanship is TDF!!!!

The leather is bubbly and smooshy, and the stitching is terrific. The strap is gorgeous. I'm not a classic Chanel type of gal, and this fits me beautifully. Just enough "rocker edge" without going overboard.

Will post pictures as soon as I can after work.

Jacky has outdone himself.

Good luck to all!

Momma bagster

20-06-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelovemode View Post
i just found a korean website w***bag recently, and wow!! looking only from pictures, those bags are i think the best rep i have ever seen in my life. especially their mulberries, proenzas, chloes and a. wangs. Stitching and craftmanship is a class above j's and c's, IMO. i'm still trying to figure out how to order from them since it is all in korean lol!
be careful, most of their bags are unbranded.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #10, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules