How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-08-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalabear View Post
Anyone ordered Bleu Lavande here? I plan to order that with RG.
I ordered a Bleu Lavande GSH city, the boys said it will be shipped out next week. Will post pict when I receive it

17-08-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyStar View Post
Has anyone received anything from the "Helen" site yet. Thinking of ordering a few things as soon as she emails me password.
I placed an order from Helen, she shipped it today. It will arrive about 1-2 weeks time I think. Will post pict & review when I've received the bag

17-08-2011
front row

@Lucy : I'm with you. Playing it by ear. I was ready to fork over for this bag IMMEDIATELY and now... not so much. I'm gonna hold off until I KNOW it's fixed.

Amethyst_Sparkle: They told me SPECIFICALLY that it was 2005 Bubblegum. They'd sent the 2005 silhouette to the factory. *shrug* This is my HG bag, so if it's not right, I'm going to have to pass, which makes me sad. While I don't typically USE my mirror, I still like it to be right. Especially since they did so well with the Turq 05 specs.

17-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewelina View Post
I ordered RW Rocco from J. The leather looks beautiful, perfect bag and not too heavy, BUT...after maybe a month of having it I lost one stud and the handle ripped It might have been that it was a faulty bag or something, at least that's what I would like to believe. I'm thinking of ordering PS1 from J, but a bit hesitant to spend so much money on a bag that MIGHT fall apart in a months time.
The handle of my AW Rocco from J also ripped. It's more on the side where it connects to the bag so I'm planning on fixing it myself, but a stud falling? That freaks me out. I've tried contacting him with no luck in the past few months, but maybe you'll have better luck with replacing that stud?

Last edited by Blodeuwedd; 17-08-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typo

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeyX3 View Post
@Lucy : I'm with you. Playing it by ear. I was ready to fork over for this bag IMMEDIATELY and now... not so much. I'm gonna hold off until I KNOW it's fixed.

Amethyst_Sparkle: They told me SPECIFICALLY that it was 2005 Bubblegum. They'd sent the 2005 silhouette to the factory. *shrug* This is my HG bag, so if it's not right, I'm going to have to pass, which makes me sad. While I don't typically USE my mirror, I still like it to be right. Especially since they did so well with the Turq 05 specs.
bubblegum 2005 was my Hg bag color. i dont mind so much, as long as they match the color alright.

17-08-2011
rising star

Ok so I got a Bal like bag from ShopLush. The leather is stiff, not at all like T&D's, wonder if I can send it back?

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodeuwedd View Post
The handle of my AW Rocco from J also ripped. It's more on the side where it connects to the bag so I'm planning on fixing it myself, but a stud falling? That freaks me out. I've tried contacting him with no luck in the past few months, but maybe you'll have better luck with replacing that stud?
Agree.

i'd take it the rocco to a cobbler that can fix it for 10 bucks or less. he might be able to shore up the bag in other areas. the authentics had quality problems as well.

and ask J or catty for extra studs when you make your next order with him/her.

17-08-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russler1 View Post
Ok so I got a Bal like bag from ShopLush. The leather is stiff, not at all like T&D's, wonder if I can send it back?
Oh no, Russler1. I feel like I had a hand in that because I had a good experience. Mine is so soft and "chewy" as the girls say. I guess that I had ordered so long ago that maybe they have changed their leather. So sorry you don't like it. Try returning it, if not I hope a leather conditioner will help?

17-08-2011
is (H)appy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeyX3 View Post

you're gonna pass on your holy grail bag because the mirror doesn't have a back pocket?

2005 was almost seven years ago. For those to whom small details matter, it's a bit of a stretch trying to pass off brand new agneau bags as seven year old chevre with totally different looking, brand new, non-oxidized brass hardware, isn't it? T&D updated their RH last winter to correspond with Bal's RH change, so while it's spot on for recent seasons, the hardware will be off for old colors like this. As was the case with the most recent batch of Turquoise. Spot on color, but new hardware. And no, the new hardware doesn't oxidize. At least not so far, which has been eight months, as Moutarde and Bois de Rose were the first to get the hw update. Now I personally don't give a rats *** about these kinds of monotonous details because at the end of the day they're just bags, but if things like mirror pockets (or lack thereof) bother you, I'm betting incorrect hardware will too.

Are '05 and 08 bubblegum really that dissimilar? I say if the color looks good, don't sweat the small stuff. nobody's walking around checking people's mirrors for pockets or doing color/year checks (and if they are, they've got major issues ).

17-08-2011
windowshopping

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who makes the best Birkin??TIA

17-08-2011
front row

Can anyone kindly tell me how galet and papyrus compare? I have a galet rh city and was wondering if I should get papyrus too...

Also, is there any Balenciaga color that is a nude color? I sooooo want a nude colored bag

17-08-2011
front row

@Amethyst_Sparkle... you know what? Strangely, the hardware issue doesn't bother me as much as the pocket! LMAO!!!! Weird. I know. And honestly, Bubblegum TRULY is in the top 3 of my 6 HGs... I guess I should just roll with it, eh? I'd hate to miss out on this color over something silly...

17-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidian View Post
Can anyone kindly tell me how galet and papyrus compare? I have a galet rh city and was wondering if I should get papyrus too...

Also, is there any Balenciaga color that is a nude color? I sooooo want a nude colored bag
the photos I've seen make them very similar.

Papyrus vs Galet

Source: purseblog.com

I've seen Kim Kardashian carrying a nude bag, it looks like it's the Sahara.

source: lovebbags.com

17-08-2011
fashion insider

that vein-y galet is dreamy.

05 was when i was a bal nut and i remember bubblegum being brighter than the one t&d are doing now, at least according to images. it wasn't as pop pink as sorbet, but it wasn't as pale as the bubblegum they're showing on ioffer now. this is just my memory, of course. obv GH did not exist then, so when they said it was "bubblegum" i just figured they were calling it that they way they were calling the pale sage "cypress."

17-08-2011
front row

Thank you so much, Blodeuwedd, for that comparison pic! The RGGH looks divine on that bag.

I'm looking or a more nudish bag color than Sahara... maybe something with more beigy undertones...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #10, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules