How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-08-2011
front row

Can anyone who has bought a Seigle bag from T&D tell me how the leather is? I'm curious whether it is thick or thin, distressed or not, dry or not...

26-08-2011
is (H)appy

bleu paon (peacock blue) is a rich, super saturated bright ocean blue and is very different from turquoise, even though they look similar (especially out in the sun). turquoise is green, whereas bleu paon is an electric blue. t&d did a fabulous job!
as per the usual, they also sent along two triple tour bracelets (in bubblegum and bleu paon) which i already wore out last night!

took this in the car yesterday on the way back from the post office
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1750.JPG (362.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1752.JPG (346.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1753.JPG (327.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1766.JPG (361.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1758.JPG (448.5 KB, 36 views)

26-08-2011
scenester

So I have finally had a chance to take a look at my package. I have got to say this batch of black is fabulous!!! The leather is jet black, smooth with the right amount of distressing, not too thick or thin, not too shiny or matte, soft, silky, buttery to the touch and puddles wonderfully. The photos do not do it justice, it is better than some of the auths that I've seen/owned.

The sahara is a bit on the dry end but for $100 I can't really complain. Even still the leather is nice and smooth, even distressing though a lot more veins than the black leather, a bit thicker but chewy. The color is warm and soft, a good neutral and the silver hardware adds a coolness to it.

As for the blue paon and bubblegum, I can't really say for the leather since they are so small but the colors are very vibrant and gorgeous just like in amethyst's photos (you always have the best photos!!) but they do feel soft and silky.

Photos are mine, mind you they do not do the bags any justice!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-08-26 18.27.12.jpg (329.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-08-26 18.29.10.jpg (398.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-08-26 18.29.39.jpg (419.9 KB, 26 views)

26-08-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidian View Post
Can anyone who has bought a Seigle bag from T&D tell me how the leather is? I'm curious whether it is thick or thin, distressed or not, dry or not...

The leather on the rose gold part time is thick and distressed, not too dry. the leather on their rh seigle is very thin and a different shade than the other seigles-weird i know.

26-08-2011
tfs star

Anyone who's ever bought a LV keyring from Jacky....does it come with the pouch/box?

26-08-2011
scenester

^yes it does

Btw I emailed T&D concerning the jackets because I was so anxious about any sort of news and this is their reply:
We have to buy a real jacket so there is no problems with pattern making.
As you’d know they are about $2500.00 to buy so we need to make sure we have enough girls that we can cover that very large expense since we are unlikely to be able to sell again after we have used it.
Once we get enough girls interested then we will move on it.

So please, please, please if you haven't emailed them, do so ASAP if you want the jacket. I personally would love to have the jacket for this fall season, esp with my new black rh city which I am in love with.

26-08-2011
front row

Love seeing the new bags! I don't understand, if they only buy one jacket how they will be able to make patterns for other sizes?

26-08-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethyst_sparkle View Post
bleu paon (peacock blue) is a rich, super saturated bright ocean blue and is very different from turquoise, even though they look similar (especially out in the sun). turquoise is green, whereas bleu paon is an electric blue. t&d did a fabulous job!
as per the usual, they also sent along two triple tour bracelets (in bubblegum and bleu paon) which i already wore out last night!
edit: please do not quote image
took this in the car yesterday on the way back from the post office
WOW goodness this is stunning! I cant wait to recieve mine. I am hoping the bleu Paon comes tomorrow I havent been this excited since the framboise, turquiose, and praline run

Last edited by PrincessImp.; 27-08-2011 at 05:03 AM. Reason: please see TFS guidelines

26-08-2011
windowshopping

J's keyring
Quote:
Originally Posted by *k.a.t.e* View Post
Anyone who's ever bought a LV keyring from Jacky....does it come with the pouch/box?
Yes it does. I bought a insolence bag charm few month ago, the quality is super low. Also I bought the vernis zippy wallet in pomme twice, both are not spot on, the color is wrong, the logo is not right compare to my authentic vernis key/coin purse. I like J's Chanel much better. JMHO.

26-08-2011
windowshopping

AW from Jacky
Has any girls here recently got AW Rocco w/strip from J? How is the leather and the workmanship for this bag? Also, does the hardware(the studs on the bottom) tarnished over time? TIA!

Last edited by dreamBB; 26-08-2011 at 10:36 PM.

26-08-2011
windowshopping

The boys are sold out for Blue Paon and Coquelicot :'(
Posted via Mobile Device

26-08-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamBB View Post
Has any girls here recently got AW Rocco w/strip from J? How is the leather and the workmanship for this bag? Also, does the hardware(the studs on the bottom) tarnished over time? TIA!
If you order one, ask for J to send a few extra studs, as I and several others have had problems with studs falling off. They are easy to screw back on with replacements.

The rep itself is a really close copy - the consensus is the handles are a bit longer than the auth, but not noticeable. I also found the clip hardware on the shoulder strap to be slightly thinner than the authentic, but this would be very hard to notice as well.

Some people have had problems with the handles tearing in the stitching area. While I haven't personally had this problem, I also tend to carry it by the shoulder strap. The leather is a great copy of the authentic, though.

I haven't had any problem with the studs tarnishing. Hope that helps!

26-08-2011
front row

Quote:

I found mine to be on the thinner side, very soft, moderately distressed, and matte. Of course, that's what I ask for when I order from T&D, so I'm not sure what the variation could turn out to be. Here are some pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg folkA3.jpg (430.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg folkA2.jpg (383.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg folkA4.jpg (414.3 KB, 9 views)

27-08-2011
is (H)appy

Quote:

I have a Seigle RH City and a GRGH Part Time. They both have the same leather. Thick, distressed, supple and soft and both bags are the same color. No variance whatsoever.
Also, the leather is far from dry (but honestly any leather --be it authentic or NBF-- can be conditioned if dry).

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon View Post
Love seeing the new bags! I don't understand, if they only buy one jacket how they will be able to make patterns for other sizes?
...by going by the measurement chart on Balenciaga's website?

Last edited by amethyst_sparkle; 27-08-2011 at 04:02 AM.

27-08-2011
trendsetter

Has anyone ever bought anything from super handbags before?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #10, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules