How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-06-2011
scenester

Does anyone know how Jacky decides what bags to make? Is it just bags people request, or what celebs are wearing, etc?

It's always really fun checking his site to see what he has coming out- but I still wonder sometimes how he decides....

22-06-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBird View Post
Hi Iridescent*,
I'm from Switzerland. And I always use DHL, but Swiss Customs automatically seize packages that are larger and from countries that are known to sell replicas. They must have screened my package and seized it.

So I kind of need someone from the US or better, the UK to receive my package and send it to me.
I dont see another way for it to work, unless I joined a group order, but I think I just missed one and it may take quite a while for the next one
heyy princess im from italy, also other country that its really hard, we should do a catty order group but we need someone who can recieve the bags, also here always made me pay for duties and if in italy u get caught by customs you have really bad and serious problems.. that's why im always afraid

22-06-2011
front row

Yes that's my problem too. I'm afraid too-so I don't know. It's so sad!
But why doesn't the USA or UK react like, Austria or Italy or Sitzerland?

22-06-2011
backstage pass

Hi all,

Just received my Mulberry Edna from Jacky--got it when it was on the 30% sale. I'm thrilled. There are a few wear spots on the bottom corners and one or two scratches on the front flap, but since I got it at such a steal, I'm not complaining.

The detachable chain is FIERCE! I can wear it as a necklace. Very pretty!

Hope all my little bagsters are doing well.

Cheers,
SMKelly...Mommy B

22-06-2011
rising star

SMKelly - Oh I really wanted that when it was in the sale but I wasn't able to get it. I'm surprised he is still selling it at full price though as the bags he normally puts in the sale never get released again.

22-06-2011
rising star

v1ki - i thought his clearance section was for bags on their way out too, but i noticed he's putting them back for sale at reg price. His vernis alma pm in blanc corail was on sale and its now at reg. Perhaps the sale section is for really overstocked or slightly damaged ones? Either way, you can't go wrong cuz the bags he chooses are usually great!

SMKelly - if you could post a mod pic of your new beauty that would be great! I was curious to see how it looked on and how roomy it was! Thanks Momma B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ki View Post
SMKelly - Oh I really wanted that when it was in the sale but I wasn't able to get it. I'm surprised he is still selling it at full price though as the bags he normally puts in the sale never get released again.

22-06-2011
fashion insider

russler1 i will post pics when i get home tonight the berkeley is fab with 8 studs haha.

freefallin i forgot to respond in the PM i sent you about J's LVs. i haven't compared or had J's LVs, I've only bought LVs from C and they have all been fabulous. from C, i have/have had/have seen the azur speedy 30, trevi PM, damier NF MM, azur berkeley, epi speedy 30, vernis cles, and azur zippy organizer which have all been amazing. my only complaint is the trevi had a HORRIBLE chemical smell which i could not get rid of after weeks so i sold it.

i have a tivoli GM from Joy coming so i will report upon receipt and compare with my auth monogram LVs.

22-06-2011
backstage pass

Hi all again,

So I've worn the Edna today, and have the following things to note.

The leather is thick and smooshy and inside is not lined, so it's like suede or raw leather.

The lock is shiny and durable. No loose bits.

The chain is heavy. But I like that.

This afternoon I took the chain off and put it around my neck. HOTNESS! Of course, being a plus-size gal (BIG Momma Bagster! ) I don't mind chunky/heavy things. It has real heft and I'm sure no one would question its authenticity.

The bag itself (which, after wearing the chain, I might have to find another strap for, LOL!) holds a LOT. It's the bigger Edna and would probably hold a 13 inch laptop. Since I can't carry a lot and am sizing down my bag choices, it slouches nicely...kinda molds its way around my fat a$$.

Pics will come.

Shelley

22-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ki View Post
v1ki,

You are so right. I couldn't believe it when I saw Edna back in the regular price section.

This is the first time I've ordered from his sale items, so I can't speak to whether others have received slightly-less-than-new bags, but I'm good with it. I figure, I'll muck the bag up anyway, so what's a scratch here or there?

Cheers,
Momma B

22-06-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by baglovinequine View Post
be careful, most of their bags are unbranded.
yup, so that left me with either bal or BV... or maybe python chloe (logo on hardware aside). nobody will check the inside of my bag anyway
LovelyE, i didn't notice the tree logo on their mulberry though, it looks okay in a flash lol!

anyways, i finally found an agent for WB (actually it is an agent for all korean shopping site). just give them the link of the bag and they will buy it and forward it to you with a small fee. it is easybuy7 (mods, please delete this if necessary).

23-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallin View Post
v1ki - i thought his clearance section was for bags on their way out too, but i noticed he's putting them back for sale at reg price. His vernis alma pm in blanc corail was on sale and its now at reg. Perhaps the sale section is for really overstocked or slightly damaged ones? Either way, you can't go wrong cuz the bags he chooses are usually great!

SMKelly - if you could post a mod pic of your new beauty that would be great! I was curious to see how it looked on and how roomy it was! Thanks Momma B!
I think he will sometimes put bags in the "30% off" section if they are
a) not selling and he is clearing them out
b) there was a small issue with them and he is restocking with a better version.
Did he restock the Blanc Corail Almas with the improved interior heatstamp?
If I remember correctly, several of the Vernis Almas had the same interior tag as his Monogram Vernis Alma PM in Amarante. If you check out the font, you'll understand. *shudders* All the Vernis bags now seem to have the corrected interior tag except for that one.
Not sure why the BV Bond Bag is getting cleared out - I guess there are only a few left and he wants to phase those out. If anyone is on the fence about it, snap it up, it's an incredibly accurate replica.
I think he already changed the BV Knot Clutch in Empire because he had the wrong lining.
lovelovemode: Good luck with WB. Please let us know how it goes - I'm really looking forward to getting their BV Seamless/Convertible Tote. The colours they have are just so abby-fabby.
SMKelly: Mod Shot! Mod Shot! Mod Shot!

23-06-2011
rising star

Pretty sure the interior tags are updated on all but the amarante pm tho it might be an old pic?? I wouldve bought the amarante vernis almas long ago had the heatstamp not been so yuck. Tho can anyone clarify which almas are supposed to have bottom feet and not? I was going to nab the blanc corail on sale but noticed it didn't have bottom studs, where as the amarante version did. Haven't seen one up close/underneath so not sure here. Please help
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by freefallin; 23-06-2011 at 01:45 AM.

23-06-2011
scenester

lovelovemode, have you placed an order at WB? Ooh, keep me posted 'cause I'm drooling over the vert menthe city

23-06-2011
rising star

Hi Mignonne and Melanie87
I dont know why it is, possibly because Switzerland, in particular, had enough time on its hands as its so small. Also Switzerland has always been extremely careful towards replicas, all types, because its simply illegal and Switzerland is a do good kind of country
Sucks!
We should do a group order to someone who lives in England I think.
But until then I would recommend not ordering any reps that have clear logos or monograms on them and can be caught in screening! The more obvious the rep. the higher the chance that your package will get confiscated and destroyed.
This is why Balenciaga is such a good brand to order, even from Hong Kong, because it doesn't clearly imply that it is a replica of any sort.

And by the way, I got the bill from customs. I have to pay a fee of 850 CHFR (which is around $1000) as a *thank you* that they could destroy my lovely bags! And on top of that if I get caught again in the next 6 months they can put me on trial. ugh..

BUMMER!!!

23-06-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBird View Post
And by the way, I got the bill from customs. I have to pay a fee of 850 CHFR (which is around $1000) as a *thank you* that they could destroy my lovely bags! And on top of that if I get caught again in the next 6 months they can put me on trial. ugh..

BUMMER!!!
$1000 ? the bags are destroyed & u still have to pay the fine? I really feel so sorry for you..

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #10, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules