How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-12-2011
backstage pass

can anyone recommend a seller for the Celine clasic shopping tote?

21-12-2011
front row

Do the boys make the maxi twiggy?

22-12-2011
front row

good to see someone from forums got the boy bag! i'm glad jacky is sending a replacement. how is the front clasp?

i have been drooling over the boy line since chanel released it but missed out on jacky's first run because it sold out almost instantly!!!

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyStar View Post
Do the boys make the maxi twiggy?
no, they do not currently make it. and i dont remember them making it in the past.

22-12-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by baglovinequine View Post
good to see someone from forums got the boy bag! i'm glad jacky is sending a replacement. how is the front clasp?

i have been drooling over the boy line since chanel released it but missed out on jacky's first run because it sold out almost instantly!!!
Thanks! I think I was just being hypercritical. In todays light it doesn't look so bad. It's totally passable, the leather is great and unless you hold it up to your nose (like I have) the engraving of the logo aint that bad, the colour of the hardware is spot on for the gold antique. Jacky said he's send a replacement button so all good. Think I was just overly aware cos its my first replica bag and I have every intention of taking it out! Posted pics on the ioffer picture thread.

22-12-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
no, they do not currently make it. and i dont remember them making it in the past.

I wish they would! Love this style

22-12-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafura View Post
Thanks! I think I was just being hypercritical. In todays light it doesn't look so bad. It's totally passable, the leather is great and unless you hold it up to your nose (like I have) the engraving of the logo aint that bad, the colour of the hardware is spot on for the gold antique. Jacky said he's send a replacement button so all good. Think I was just overly aware cos its my first replica bag and I have every intention of taking it out! Posted pics on the ioffer picture thread.
Hey hun, the bag looks amazing. Congrats!

How big is the bag in relation to classic chanels? Are you able to post a mod shot or with another bag to compare sizes? Would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to pre-order the two tone boy so I dont miss out again, and was originally going to get the large messenger but changed my mind for the Chanel In the Mix tote. Is accessing the contents easy with the clasp?

Enjoy your bag!

22-12-2011
backstage pass

I dyed my Turq. work to black...
Shoestring Travel,

I was one of the DIYers, about two years ago. I had a turquoise work with RH. Used three coats of black Fiebings and I think two coats of Terrago black.

I dyed everything. Didn't undo the laces. The dye stuck to everything with no problem, even the rubber edging. I dried the bag overnight between each coat.

I sold it to a friend, who's carried it since then, and loves it. The dye has needed some touching up on the cloth zippers, but she doesn't care. The laces have stayed black and so has everything else.

It will work, especially if the dye job is to something darker. Don't be afraid!

As she has worn it, the leather has become smooshy once again. It was a little stiff from all the dye (5-6 coats total) but after about two weeks, it was really soft and beautiful again.

Shelley

23-12-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKelly View Post
Shoestring Travel,

I was one of the DIYers, about two years ago. I had a turquoise work with RH. Used three coats of black Fiebings and I think two coats of Terrago black.

I dyed everything. Didn't undo the laces. The dye stuck to everything with no problem, even the rubber edging. I dried the bag overnight between each coat.

I sold it to a friend, who's carried it since then, and loves it. The dye has needed some touching up on the cloth zippers, but she doesn't care. The laces have stayed black and so has everything else.

It will work, especially if the dye job is to something darker. Don't be afraid!

As she has worn it, the leather has become smooshy once again. It was a little stiff from all the dye (5-6 coats total) but after about two weeks, it was really soft and beautiful again.

Shelley
Shelley, thanks for the advice/directions! That helps a lot!

I've got a Dark Night RH Velo waiting for me at the post office, and will pick it up tomorrow morning.....

23-12-2011
front row

just an update for those who were interested in the black cherry like me - i emailed t&d and they said that they sold out two days ago they only made 12 bags because they didn't have a ton of interest. darn!

23-12-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoestringTravel View Post
Shelley, thanks for the advice/directions! That helps a lot!

I've got a Dark Night RH Velo waiting for me at the post office, and will pick it up tomorrow morning.....
Shoestring...

If you do decide to do this, apply the Fiebings leather dye first. If it's black, you will see a metallic finish, but don't worry. The later applications of the Terrago #18 black will cover that. When it was all finished I let it dry for a few days, then squished it all up in my hands (wear gloves and an old t-shirt!) rubbed it down with an old cloth, then "seasoned" it with saddle soap and wiped off the excess.

There was never any trouble with color transfer. BTW, the Terrago will come with a clear leather conditioner, which I didn't use.

If you search through the old threads, I posted pictures.

Good luck!

23-12-2011
backstage pass

To all the lovely members of these threads,

Firstly, thank you all for making tFS a wonderful place.

Secondly, I've had to scale down my mod duties because my Mom has Alzheimers' and lives with hubby and me. This is news to most of you; however, I'll always be around, just not every day.

Thirdly, a happy Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa and end of year holidays to all. May 2012 bring you health, happiness and joy.

Shelley

23-12-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKelly View Post
To all the lovely members of these threads,

Firstly, thank you all for making tFS a wonderful place.

Secondly, I've had to scale down my mod duties because my Mom has Alzheimers' and lives with hubby and me. This is news to most of you; however, I'll always be around, just not every day.

Thirdly, a happy Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa and end of year holidays to all. May 2012 bring you health, happiness and joy.

Shelley
I was wondering where you were! Hugs and happy holidays

23-12-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineRose View Post
just an update for those who were interested in the black cherry like me - i emailed t&d and they said that they sold out two days ago they only made 12 bags because they didn't have a ton of interest. darn!
that is terrible news I was looking forward to getting a black cherry bag for so long I really hope they will decide to make more

Last edited by crystal7; 23-12-2011 at 01:46 PM.

23-12-2011
trendsetter

Can someone please post more pics of Castagna, I don't want to miss out on this color like I did on black cherry, thanks

Shelley wishing you all the best Happy Holidays to you and to all the members here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #12, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules