How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

i had a slight color transfer with my black folk as well. the bag was rubbing up against my pink shorts and left a slight stain.

but that is to expected with any bag. and i certainly wouldnt hold them to fault with that.

yes, you can always get your praline folk bag dyed.

and keep in mind that our NBF bags are MILES away better in quality than any bag we would find at macy's or other department store. we know exactly what we are paying for. (most other retailers H&M, macy's, michael kors etc use pig leather instead of cow or lamb leather)

11-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i had a slight color transfer with my black folk as well. the bag was rubbing up against my pink shorts and left a slight stain.

but that is to expected with any bag. and i certainly wouldnt hold them to fault with that.

yes, you can always get your praline folk bag dyed.

and keep in mind that our NBF bags are MILES away better in quality than any bag we would find at macy's or other department store. we know exactly what we are paying for. (most other retailers H&M, macy's, michael kors etc use pig leather instead of cow or lamb leather)
Don't get me wrong Lucy, I wasn't saying it's cause of them that my Praline folk got ruined. I might have badly structured my sentence but I was just referring to the fact I have this style of bag already and inserted my misadventure with it. Then I clarified the reason why I wasn't happy with my purchase of my second folk with them in tan suede.

18-07-2012
windowshopping

I just re-visited Joys website after quite some time. I used to order from Jacky before. I'm quite surprised by Joy's selection and low prices. How is her shipping fee, anyone knows? I am looking to buy her LV Mirebau epi. I wonder if anyone has purchased this from her. How about her chanels, are they any good? Looking to buy Chanels accordion. Catty and Fang don't seem to have them. *edit - please see rules in post 1*

Last edited by lucy92; 19-07-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: please see rules in post 1 re: seller info

19-07-2012
windowshopping

Pursefreak, if you have account in Joy's site. You can put the items in the cart and choose your country. Before you pay, you can see the shipping cost by EMS accordingly.

19-07-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalabear View Post
Pursefreak, if you have account in Joy's site. You can put the items in the cart and choose your country. Before you pay, you can see the shipping cost by EMS accordingly.
Thanks koalabear
Posted via Mobile Device

19-07-2012
front row

This thread doesn't seem as lively anymore

Have people just moved on from reps? Did we get older and able to afford real stuff? Or did it just become too much drama?

19-07-2012
V.I.P.

good question! i think there seems to be much less "it bags" these days! i cant remember the last real "it" bag. could it be mulberry's alexa? and balenciaga's new colors dont really speak to me lately. and i agree that it has become an awful amount of work to find jacky's new page.

19-07-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinquo View Post
This thread doesn't seem as lively anymore

Have people just moved on from reps? Did we get older and able to afford real stuff? Or did it just become too much drama?
I think it has more to do with the abundance of new rep forums out there.
I'm older but I still buy reps. I've bought a few authentics lately but I still think Jacky's Bottegas and T&D's Bals are worth it - I would never buy the authentic version of those.
I think a lot of people buybuybuybuybuybuybuybuybuy and then get totally burnt out and you never hear from them again.
As for the "IT" bags, yeah I agree with lucy92, the last big thing was probably the Mulberry Alexa.
Myself, I just ordered a Garden Party and then I have a few HGs that I'd like to add but other than that, I don't need anything else. Still waiting for T&D to do a rerun of Apple Green so I can get my RH Day, but other than that.... meh.

19-07-2012
windowshopping

Shelleybean: I've been wanting to order garden party. I've even looked at some preowned options on ebay. I wonder where you are getting yours from. The auth preowned runs about $1000. Which is not too bad in my opinion for a Hermes auth.
I also want to buy a Chanel accordion. Currently looking at Fang's and Catty's picassa. Too bad Joy don't have them. I found her prices are a lot lower than Catty's especially Fang's.
Does anyone know if Jacky has the accordion Chanel?
The other one in my wishlist is the Mahina L in Biscuit. I'm thinking about buying from Joy but to be honest I've never bought from her before. I heard her canvas bags are good. But not sure about her Mahina's. I bought the XL in Gris from Jacky. His quality on Mahina is OK. The glue on the sides are not neatly done. His leather is also on the thicker and stiffer side unlike the auth thats soft, and plomb (don't quite know if that's a real word LOL)
Posted via Mobile Device

19-07-2012
trendsetter

Hi everyone! I have bought the Bleu Lavande from the boys I love the color my only problem with it is that it scratches so easily does anyone else have this problem if so, any suggestions as to what I can do? Also, anyone know what colors the boys will be making next or have currently? many thanks and its nice to see some old faces again

Did I hear Apple Green? I have the work and city from their last run I just love them but I would certainly be in for another Apple Green or two

Last edited by crystal7; 19-07-2012 at 09:49 PM.

19-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
good question! i think there seems to be much less "it bags" these days! i cant remember the last real "it" bag. could it be mulberry's alexa? and balenciaga's new colors dont really speak to me lately. and i agree that it has become an awful amount of work to find jacky's new page.
For me personally it's a question of experience. By buying so many different rep bags on the net from various sources (ioffer, catty, nbf, etc.) I kind of realized I was mostly going for trendy ''it'' bags and that my interest in them fades as soon as the bag is out.. I went through numerous bags (sorry if I mistake the names) and here's what happened to them.
  • Balenciaga motorcycle in noix and raisin - Sold the raisin, was way too distressed for my liking, still have the noix but stopped wearing it once I realized it's just way too trendy
  • Balenciaga motorcyle in anthracite with GSH - Was heavier than what I thought and way flashier than I though, sold it.
  • 2 Balenciaga days in black - The first one I sold because I found the distressing uneven, the second one I got rid of a few months later, got tired of the style
  • Balenciaga folks in praline and tan suede - The first one I ruined, the second the color was different than what I asked and was for a trip but got sent much later on
  • Balenciaga first in black - Cute, gave to my mom
  • Balenciaga courrier in some brownish color - Even though I checked the dimensions online, was much bigger than expected and sold it
  • Balenciaga turquoise GSH coin purse - Still have
  • Miu Miu patchwork bag in black - The leather and hardware was so cheap I had to sell it
  • Alexander Wang Diego bag - The hardware looked extremely cheap so I sold it
  • Alexander Wang Donna hobo - Bought the real on ebay but I am sure it's a fake since the hardware rusted really badly. Still have but the hardware got so ugly I stopped wearing it
  • Chanel quilted caviar bag medium size I think - The stiches in the back that holds the bag folded got loose after a few weeks so I had to get it fixed and sold it cause the bag was also bigger than what I had thought and way too trendy
  • Chanel WOC in black lambskin - I asked the seller to make sure the quilting was aligned and symmetrical but got a bag that was not so symmetrical so I sold it
  • Louis Vuitton monogram wallet - I asked the seller for a good pattern not cut out. The wallet was cheap and the logos were sometimes cut out. The hardware was gold painted and chipped off. Probably lost it, no one wanted to buy it.
  • Louis Vuitton white and blue (checkered pattern) wallet - Same hardware issue. Zipper broke. Got rid of it.
  • Louis Vuitton speedy bag in black - Really really cheap looking. Sold it.
Lesson learned. I bought throughout the years so many fakes, wasted a whole lot of money for nothing. Now I don't wear much designer fakes anymore. I'd much rather settle for a Zara bag. The reason being that a lot of the time you don't know what you are getting. The seller can say yes when I ask for a good symetrical pattern but he or she does not necessarily ship the bag and most probably just wants to make the sale.

Also, besides T&D, all the other bags I got were really really cheap in terms of craftsmanship. Besides maybe the Chanel caviar bag I got from Fang but that one had a stitch fall apart too. All in all, buying fakes is a gamble, and many many purchases over, I realize that it's not worth it. Because buying it bags means they are quite inacessible in real life due to their price tag and I don't get to see them before buing and the shape and size can suprirse me once I get it.

Since, I don't make much money so I always felt pressured to explain myself when others ask where I got my bag. All in all, I've toned down my designer it bag fancying as of lately and would much rather go from something subdued.

that was my (long) 2 cents.

Last edited by Kimkhuu; 19-07-2012 at 10:02 PM.

20-07-2012
scenester

I haven't posted in a while, so here it goes (hope to give some lives to this thread) :p
I recently tried buying Fang's chanel, however upon getting the bag from her, her price is much more expensive than buying straight from Taobao for the same quality of bag. And the bag smells awful
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120715_100710.jpg (520.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20120715_100532.jpg (481.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20120710_112453.jpg (584.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20120710_112511.jpg (581.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20120710_112544.jpg (309.1 KB, 6 views)

20-07-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyE View Post
I haven't posted in a while, so here it goes (hope to give some lives to this thread) :p
I recently tried buying Fang's chanel, however upon getting the bag from her, her price is much more expensive than buying straight from Taobao for the same quality of bag. And the bag smells awful
LovelyE, I was gonna buy the same reissue from Fang and surprised to see how flimsy the hardware looks like. How did you purchase from Taobao before? How much was it at Taobao. TIA
Posted via Mobile Device

20-07-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu View Post
For me personally it's a question of experience. By buying so many different rep bags on the net from various sources (ioffer, catty, nbf, etc.) I kind of realized I was mostly going for trendy ''it'' bags and that my interest in them fades as soon as the bag is out.. I went through numerous bags (sorry if I mistake the names) and here's what happened to them.
  • Balenciaga motorcycle in noix and raisin - Sold the raisin, was way too distressed for my liking, still have the noix but stopped wearing it once I realized it's just way too trendy
  • Balenciaga motorcyle in anthracite with GSH - Was heavier than what I thought and way flashier than I though, sold it.
  • 2 Balenciaga days in black - The first one I sold because I found the distressing uneven, the second one I got rid of a few months later, got tired of the style
  • Balenciaga folks in praline and tan suede - The first one I ruined, the second the color was different than what I asked and was for a trip but got sent much later on
  • Balenciaga first in black - Cute, gave to my mom
  • Balenciaga courrier in some brownish color - Even though I checked the dimensions online, was much bigger than expected and sold it
  • Balenciaga turquoise GSH coin purse - Still have
  • Miu Miu patchwork bag in black - The leather and hardware was so cheap I had to sell it
  • Alexander Wang Diego bag - The hardware looked extremely cheap so I sold it
  • Alexander Wang Donna hobo - Bought the real on ebay but I am sure it's a fake since the hardware rusted really badly. Still have but the hardware got so ugly I stopped wearing it
  • Chanel quilted caviar bag medium size I think - The stiches in the back that holds the bag folded got loose after a few weeks so I had to get it fixed and sold it cause the bag was also bigger than what I had thought and way too trendy
  • Chanel WOC in black lambskin - I asked the seller to make sure the quilting was aligned and symmetrical but got a bag that was not so symmetrical so I sold it
  • Louis Vuitton monogram wallet - I asked the seller for a good pattern not cut out. The wallet was cheap and the logos were sometimes cut out. The hardware was gold painted and chipped off. Probably lost it, no one wanted to buy it.
  • Louis Vuitton white and blue (checkered pattern) wallet - Same hardware issue. Zipper broke. Got rid of it.
  • Louis Vuitton speedy bag in black - Really really cheap looking. Sold it.
Lesson learned. I bought throughout the years so many fakes, wasted a whole lot of money for nothing. Now I don't wear much designer fakes anymore. I'd much rather settle for a Zara bag. The reason being that a lot of the time you don't know what you are getting. The seller can say yes when I ask for a good symetrical pattern but he or she does not necessarily ship the bag and most probably just wants to make the sale.

Also, besides T&D, all the other bags I got were really really cheap in terms of craftsmanship. Besides maybe the Chanel caviar bag I got from Fang but that one had a stitch fall apart too. All in all, buying fakes is a gamble, and many many purchases over, I realize that it's not worth it. Because buying it bags means they are quite inacessible in real life due to their price tag and I don't get to see them before buing and the shape and size can suprirse me once I get it.

Since, I don't make much money so I always felt pressured to explain myself when others ask where I got my bag. All in all, I've toned down my designer it bag fancying as of lately and would much rather go from something subdued.

that was my (long) 2 cents.
Completely agree. I have 2 kids and people can guesstimate around how much money I make. They don't believe I can purchase a $2000 handbag almost every month. Makes sense.
I'm not even confident to walk inside the mall where they sell auth since so many people walk around with auth. Recently bought a brahmin hobo and I am in love with the style, color and quality sometimes I cannot believe I have wasted so much time, money and energy on fakes. I probably wear only 50% of my purchases from Jacky. However, it still has not stopped me though
Posted via Mobile Device

20-07-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursefreak View Post
LovelyE, I was gonna buy the same reissue from Fang and surprised to see how flimsy the hardware looks like. How did you purchase from Taobao before? How much was it at Taobao. TIA
Posted via Mobile Device
The one I saw in taobao was RMB 1250, with additional 6% of agent commission fee it'll be around $212 (not including shipping). The one I bought from Fang costs $330 (with shipping). It's around $100 price difference.
But if with Fang she'll send pictures of the actual bag before shipping it.

Buying fakes is like trial and error. And yes I've wasted quite amount of money until finding the best sellers. For Bal, it's still be T&D for me, for the rest of the brands i'll definitely go to Taobao. I've seen Joy & Catty's sites and somehow not interested in buying from them. Don't know bout Jacky, and not intending to look for his highness Jacky. Because I simply don't like cocky seller.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #12, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules