How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-07-2012
V.I.P.

what a fun idea for a list, Kimkhuu!

I知 going to make a list myself (I miss might some)

A lot of these bags I haven稚 used yet, because I知 the type that cant be arsed to take my wallet and items out and exchange bags. I知 a bit lazy.

NBF Black mens day I waited forever for this one! One of the corner patches fell off, they sent me a new one later hadn稚 gotten around to taking it to a cobbler to fix. I only used it for a couple months. Its still in great condition.

NBF sapphire city this was a workhorse bag! I used it nearly every day for a year. It has quite a bit of fading in some areas. And some of the tassles broke off. Didn稚 get around to putting the extras on. I re-conditioned/cleaned it with a LMB product it recently thinking that might ease up on some of the fading. It didn稚. I really got my $$$ worth out of this bag. The handles got a bit worn also.

NBF black part time I gave this one away. I didn稚 like how shiny the leather was. And the bag seemed too big for my needs.

NBF black weekender. I used this one a few trips. I love it. it can fit a lot of items into it.

NBF black envelope clutch I use this at events like weddings etc. I think its quite elegant. I find it the perfect bag for such occasions.
Jacky black mulberry alexa I haven稚 used this one yet. Some of the leather is a bit bent due to being bunched up. Will have to fix this maybe with heavy books?
Jacky痴 Alexander wang black Brenda. The black leather has a bit of fading in one spot. Is this because I threw away the dessicant that he packed into the package? Didn稚 use it yet. But I love the style and size.

Celine black luggage from jacky this bag has gotten a LOT of use. I use it to lug heavy groceries on the subway. Definitely a work-horse. The zipper is a bit tricky. I may have it replaced later. Also one side of it pokes out. But I don稚 really care as the bag is usually stuffed to the gills with foodstuffs.

Jacky python chloe paraty I got this used from someone else. I replaced the zipper pull. I haven稚 used it yet as I want to put some kind of protective spray on the python to moisturize it. my understanding is that python can dry out a LOT (anyone have any ideas for me?)

NBF raisin city I used this bag for 6 months straight. But there are practically no signs of use on it. and no fading either.
Jacky celine box in black didn稚 use this one yet. It痴 a lovely style.

Random seller Thomas wylde black skull bag. This was the same shoulder bag that sienna miller used. I used it a lot. It was however quite heavy and killed my shoulder. A few of the studs fell off. I think I got my $ out of this bag. I remember I used it while I was a juror in a serious case. I wonder what the rest of the court thought as I was trooping into the juror box with a big bag with a skull on it. the tassle with the skull broke off. I gave the bag away to charity. If the studs hadn稚 fallen off I think I would have kept the bag. I liked the leather on it.

NBF black folk its been more than a year of constant use and there is no sign of use on this bag. I知 hoping they will run this style in new colors.

Random seller Thomas wylde black skull bag in brown. I got this bag after I used the hell out of the black version. I still have it and its sitting in my closet. I remember my partner telling me how he hated the skull bags. I think he thought them sophomoric. I didn稚 like the leather on this one as much as the black one.

Jacky mulberry polly push lock in navy. The lock on this was tricky. I haven稚 used it yet. I知 contemplating placing an order with catty and asking her if she would throw in an extra lock.

YSL besace messenger in grey. I got this second hand years ago but haven稚 used it yet. It痴 a lovely bag.

Also, there are other bags from NBF that I致e purchased but haven稚 used yet in coquelicot, bubblegum, blue lavande, sorbet, and framboise Etc. so I cant really comment on them.

i really need to get around to using these beauties!

overall, ive been very happy with the quality of the items ive purchased over the years. they are MILES above department store level bags. and ive read enough complaints about designer bags here and on other forums to decide they are mostly a waste of time and $. although i do own some designer authentic bags (marc jacobs etc) i think i like my nbf bags better.

hope no one fell asleep reading this!:p

20-07-2012
front row

I've stopped buying as many reps due to the hit-and-miss nature of things, and also because I'm trying to down-size my wardrobe and buy just a few items in a higher quality.

While I've sold most of my reps, I've kept a few winners that have held up well and are good facsimiles:
Jacky Oak Alexa - great quality, has lasted a long time with very little wear
Black Day (T&D) - this is a few years old, and the distressing and leather quality looks spot-on
BDR RH Work (T&D) - while the distressing is nothing like the authentic, the leather is beautiful and thick and matte. Nothing like the current batches, which are shiny and seem to scuff too much.
Black Midday (T&D) - again, great quality leather batch
Black GSH Flat Clutch (T&D) - same as above
Some Jacky Hermes Kelly Longues - great reps

I've let a bunch of more recent T&D bags go, due to leather scuffing or just a general dislike of the particular style. I wore out a rep Birkin after a couple of years. While I kick myself sometimes for the amount of money I've spent on reps, I appreciate the chance to try out some of the designs and see if I would have liked them (style/fit/size) had they been the real thing. Some of the "magic" has worn off of "It" bags for me - I've realized that having a cool bag is just part of the picture - do your shoes and outfit and personal grooming match what is supposed to be a $2-3k bag? At times I realized "no," and I've been allocating more of my clothing budget just to looking all-over presentable, rather than feeling like a nifty bag was going to solve all of my problems.

Also, I did a bit of a rash thing recently - I cut up my credit card! I have a balance to pay back yet, but there is no way I'll be using that thing to buy more stuff now! Hopefully this isn't too off-topic, but I've just decided that I'd rather have $200 to pay down the credit card balance, rather than buy a $200 rep bag. At some point in the future I'm sure I'll feel differently, but right now that's my focus.

Last edited by ShoestringTravel; 20-07-2012 at 11:57 AM.

20-07-2012
windowshopping

NBF Gris Poivre City
For those who want to see this bag.
I also took pics of al my reps collection. Probably around 25 or so. Gosh what a waste of money. i've used maybe half of them since I am not confident about the other half.
Pic credit. Me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bal Gris Poivre.JPG (366.5 KB, 34 views)

20-07-2012
windowshopping

My Nbf Collection
From first to last
1. Can't remember what the color is called. It's city with GRGH
2. Mandarin Work GSH. Love this bag.
3. Coqueliquot envelope clutch. Great but no structure at all. My stuff keeps falling out
4. Cyper first GRGH
5. Velo dark night RH

More pics coming. I figured everyone love to see pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo2.JPG (367.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg photo3.JPG (126.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg photo4.JPG (141.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg photo7.JPG (114.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg photo9.JPG (287.3 KB, 12 views)

20-07-2012
front row

Lovely color/hardware combination, Pursefreak.

20-07-2012
windowshopping

Some of my Jacky collection. Pic all by me
Some of my Jacky collection before he acted like the King of the WORLD
1. Speedy argent. Good quality. Few creases I have not been able to straighted out.
2. Ivory XL Mahina. So many flaws in the glue. Never wear it to expensive malls.
3. Hermes khaki. The letter on the Hermes plate is not straight, slanted like 30 degree, very obvious. Due to this reason I have never worn it.
4. Epi alma. The best one I got from him ever
5. Empreinte artsy. The hardware start changing to lighter color. The leather has a few creases but I see that in the auth as well. Very surprised that the quality of leather for the auth is not that good.
I have a few more rep. Anyone who want to barter with J info is highly welcomed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo11.JPG (342.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg photo6.JPG (112.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg photo10.JPG (351.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (348.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg photo5.JPG (151.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Pursefreak; 20-07-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: missing pic

20-07-2012
windowshopping

What is the best way to sell your preloved bags. I also need to clean out my closet. I got tired of using graigslist
Posted via Mobile Device

20-07-2012
front row

i'm all with buying A GOOD rep...and to be true i haven't bought any bag recently..becuz first i think i already got what i wanted -except for the Givenchy nightingale, couldn't get it- secondly i didn't see any good rep lately...
i have NBF classic red,black and vert d'eau...worn them to death
ink city-didn't like it my sister have it now- vert d'eau city- black cherry work LOOVE it
from Jacky chanel jumbo gold -the color fade out quickly- chanel flap caviar medium -used it alot- and my all time fav rep are mulberry Roxanne black and brown...they are GORGEOUS.
i really need a new bag but i'm not sure what to get? what do u guys think about NBF cassis city bag??? i'm thinking about it

20-07-2012
windowshopping

Went to Prada today and I fell in love with the grey saffiano double zipper tote. The auth cost $1900. Which is not bad because it is hard to repped. Fang quoted me $430 for the bag. For that price I might as well buy the auth. Anyone know quality of other seller like Catty or Joy?
Posted via Mobile Device

21-07-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursefreak View Post
Went to Prada today and I fell in love with the grey saffiano double zipper tote. The auth cost $1900. Which is not bad because it is hard to repped. Fang quoted me $430 for the bag. For that price I might as well buy the auth. Anyone know quality of other seller like Catty or Joy?
Posted via Mobile Device
I have the auth Prada double zipper tote. I have also seen pictures of Catty and Jacky. Honestly, save and buy the auth. Although it may look the same from afar, but after having the Auth, I really think that you can spot if it was a fake. Catty's look better though compared to Jacky's. On eBay, you can get an auth for around $1300 to $1500 which is not too bad, considering it's resale value and how practical it is.

Like some of you, I have started saving and buying auth bags. Not so much coz I am too stuck up for reps, but how many bags can a person have! With reps, I find that I am buying so many at a time but with auth, I make really sure I am buying a classic and one I will use over and over. However, I still buy some reps from J on and off as I find his mulberrys and bv, along with his celines of good value. same goes with nbf too. I love how much value I am getting for their bags.
Posted via Mobile Device

21-07-2012
rising star

Location: I'm Irish and slow travelling the world-my dream come true :D
great point about buying reps over the years and not so much now...me ive always been in love with leather - it didn't matter if it had a label or not as long as it was good leather...so i;ve never followed "it" bags or trends...ive bought mostly mulberry (due to my love of good leather!)
my first bags were a present from my b/f - lush version of mulberry roxanne in oak and CD white/tan sddle bag (shoulder one)
ive got some jacky mulberry's too and love the chloe parity and mulberry alexa but never ended up buying them...the alexa i LOVE the style of but have always hated the buffalo leather (real or fake - the colour just always seemed off to me in the oak)- i like the bayswater grainy leather...
i got a fantastic soft smooshy leather bag in morrocco a few years back and since that ive rarely worn any of my label bags! that bag cost me 」30!!! and still my favourite - although up there with my lush roxanne too
now i cant stand labels at all- if i could find vintage/preloved bags regardless of brand its much nicer
i recently found my dream wallet for $2 at a street flea market - the guy said it was mexican leather but ive no idea- i just know the previous owner has kindly broken it in a lot so its now full of character and uber soft
i always buy tan coloured bags too so thats a bit limiting lol

does anyone buy lush bags anymore? they are as expensive as fakes...(but way better quality!)

21-07-2012
rising star

I love tan coloured bags too and have been trying to go for other colours when I did an inventory check and found that practically every bag I had was in shades of brown.

I have this to say about J's mulberrys..I bought my mum one 4 years ago, a mulberry east west from him and it has held up till today. She used it every single day and the screw fell off at some point. J sent me the hardware to replace it and it is as good as new.
Posted via Mobile Device

22-07-2012
fashion insider

I too think people got burned out. I just don't have time for the chase much anymore, even though I did/do enjoy it quite a bit. I never got many duds (only one I can think of and that's when I was brand new to the game), but I never bought numerous bags multiple times per month like some ladies. Imho it's a numbers game. The more you buy, the more likely you are to get a bad bag.

Right now I desperately want access to Jacky to order more Celine. Bal bags are sometimes too casual for my lifestyle now. I still love the bags to pieces, but I don't use them as much as I once did.

Pursefreak - You have a very nice collection! I can see the Hermes wouldn't be fit for public, but the Bals are really nice imho.

22-07-2012
windowshopping

After doing a lot of research. I finally went with Prada Saffiano Lux Tote with double zipper in size medium with strap. I found this seller name Sweetwaterss on Ioffer. She has very good feedback and her Pictures are clear and gorgeous. I also happened to be communicating with Catty and found out from Catty's bag watermark picture has the same manufacturer name as Sweetwaters. Catty's price is $160 which is about the same with Joy. Sweetwaterss price is about $230 including shipping.
Too bad I cannot Upload pic using my cell phone. Too lazy to run to the computer these days. But search Ioffer for Sweetwaterss and Iten number BN2274.
Hopefully Catty won't jack up the price if she finds out about what I just said.

22-07-2012
rising star

Location: I'm Irish and slow travelling the world-my dream come true :D
haha thesiren- i always think i must be the only person on in the world who only buys tan coloured leather (bags, shoes/boots, belts/accessories)

i dont know where my hate of black all things accessories came from because i always buy black clothes (but never coats or bags or shoes or anything leather lol!)

glad to know someone else likes only brown bags too...as i write this i think i may have colour related OCD lol!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #12, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules