How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-07-2012
V.I.P.

no one has seen any of these prada studded s/s 2012 bags anywhere, right? also, what about the non studded version..catty has them, but are they any good?
upscalehype.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg studdedprada.jpg (84.1 KB, 12 views)

22-07-2012
front row

Yeah me too, I actually have a collection now that I'm pretty happy with. I haven't bought something since early 2011 I think.

For me I realized "It" bags were so not for my lifestyle. I walk and bike a lot and generally am clumsy (LOL) so I just...didn't have the grace for all of these top-handles.

I found new homes for my 30+ rep collection bags since then. Bough some real ones--nowhere near H or Chanel, but "sensible" LV and Longchamp. It's nice to have confidence in them, YKWIM? Overall, this is all I have now that's a rep.

Chanel Lambskin 2.55 w/ GH(Fang) - Happy. Spot on. Use it for fancy events.

Balenciaga Black RH City - Great bag. I fit as much in this as I do in the Chanel tote for work, and it's not heavy.

Balenciaga Anthra Twiggy - I like the bag but I hate that it doesn't stay on my shoulder. Gets used only occasionally.

Chanel Cerf Tote w/ GH - Great work bag, have worn well, but I def have gotten "you can't afford this" stares. Have tried to give it a new home many times before but I'd just get lowball offers. Of everything I kept, this is definitely the "I wish I hadn't bought you" bag.

If anything I'd get an NBF envelope clutch now, or something NBF in red. But I would never buy new from them. I'd rather trade or buy used from people on the forum who would benefit more from getting rid of something. And no one is going to rep Prada gauffre at this point.

23-07-2012
backstage pass

boinquo: What don't you like about the Cerf Tote? I have loved them forever. Why have you wanted to get rid of it, if I may ask? Is it the questions from friends or is it something else?

I think the only true "it" bag I have is a Black RH City. I like it but I think I need a Work as I don't have one and I find the City a little bit small. I find that I can fit more in my Speedy30 than my City, and it's a small bag by many people's standards. Just need to wait for the right colour, as I don't want Black.

I was just rearranging my closet today and put back all of the bags I really use with any regularity. Everything else must go!
The ones that made the short list are:
LV SC Bag in Cobalt
LV Monogram Noe
LV Monogram Delightful MM
LV Monogram Deauville
Bottega Veneta Roma in Black
Bottega Veneta Roma in Maple (or at least that's what I'm calling it)
Bottega Veneta Maxi Veneta in Black
Bottega Veneta Maxi Veneta in Cream
Bottega Veneta Maxi Veneta in Elephant
Bottega Veneta Campana in Black
Bottega Veneta Satin Knot Clutch in Empire
Balenciaga GGH Brief in Anthracite
Balenciaga RH City in Black
Balenciaga RH Twiggy in Vert d'Eau
Balenciaga RH Day in Sang
Balenciaga RH Day in Cornflower
Hermes Garden Party Tote in Navy Fjord
Chanel Coco Cocoon Tote in Black (overnight bag)
Goyard Fidji Hobo in Navy
** Plus some auth LVs, Tod's and Coach (I'm not a brand snob) **

I don't need much else but I am always open to more BVs and a few HGs of various brands as they arise.
I am someone that tends to "dress" when they leave the house, and if I led a more casual lifestyle I could go without a lot of those, but I'm just not. I mean, my lifestyle is casual but even in jeans and a t-shirt, I need a belt, H scarf or pashmina, sick wedges, a cuff and a cool bag. KWIM?

I'l make my list of what should go and why tomorrow. I've exhausted myself just thinking about what I have now! Phew!

Last edited by shelleybean; 23-07-2012 at 02:25 AM.

23-07-2012
front row

shelleybean, I think it's mostly that I like bags with long straps, like the Balenciaga City. All the bags that I've kept either have that or are a messenger bag. I've gotten a few comments on the cerf tote since posting this so maybe I should give it another chance, lol. More like, 5th chance.

Did you get all of your BV from J? Post pics!! I love BV.

23-07-2012
V.I.P.

i would love a chloe paraty in desert mauve..(its a heather gray purple color) unfortunately catty doesnt have it yet. does anyone know if J has it? and does j still have the mulberry del ray in ostrich?

i've never owned an ostrich bag!

shelleybean, i would love to see your LV SC Bag in Cobalt!
boinquo, why dont you ask T+D to send you an anthra part time strap? they might have an extra one around.

23-07-2012
front row

Would I be able to wear my twiggy cross-body if I asked for the PT strap? I used to have a PT that I liked, but the shape wasn't as good as twiggy for me.

23-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinquo View Post
Would I be able to wear my twiggy cross-body if I asked for the PT strap? I used to have a PT that I liked, but the shape wasn't as good as twiggy for me.
yes you would. i ask for an extra PT strap with every nbf purchase (15$) for this purpose.

23-07-2012
front row

Then I'll definitely ask. If anyone is putting in an NBF order soon, please PM me.

24-07-2012
trendsetter

Can someone tell me if either jacky or catty have the LV speedy bandouliere Ebene? I would greatly appreciate it. Even if there is a seller that has it on taobao I would be interested in purchasing if someone can advise how to get a taobao agent and wo on taobao has good lv reps. Thanks,

Last edited by coco109; 24-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.

25-07-2012
scenester

To make this thread alive, here I'm posting my find oun taobao bought it for around 3 months. It's a medium flap bag in caviar, the caviar leather is superb and the alignment is perfect I bought it at around $300++ But it's a bit too small for me, but perfect for dinner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20111231-00440.jpg (147.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20111231-00434.jpg (123.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20111231-00435.jpg (129.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20111231-00433.jpg (78.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20111231-00437.jpg (112.0 KB, 5 views)

26-07-2012
V.I.P.

has anyone ever bought a givenchy pandora? and if so, what size did you get?

26-07-2012
offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleybean View Post
boinquo: What don't you like about the Cerf Tote? I have loved them forever. Why have you wanted to get rid of it, if I may ask? Is it the questions from friends or is it something else?

Agreed! I love my Cerf - I haven't worn it in a very long time, I think its time to break it out again.

Has anyone purchased the Celine trapeze from Jacky?

Curious on any feedback from someone who has it... i bought the cobalt version and Im waiting for it to arrive...

27-07-2012
backstage pass

Hi Everyone, Im new to buying designer bags and Ive been dying for the marc jacobs classic q francesca tote. Original is $560 Canadian but I've found two sites that have it for cheap.
One on ioffer from sweetwaterss for $150:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/marc-mj-clas...pper-508011794

and one from an mj authorized seller (i think) for $239:
http://www.marcjacobs-bag.com/marc-b...lack-p-29.html

I dont really want to go fake for my first one, but I am a student. I'm not sure Im im using the thread correctly but could I ask your opinion to see which I should buy. Is it worth spending the money for what seems to be auth or save a hundred bucks and get the fake? Thanks!

27-07-2012
offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista16 View Post
Hi Everyone, Im new to buying designer bags and Ive been dying for the marc jacobs classic q francesca tote. Original is $560 Canadian but I've found two sites that have it for cheap.
One on ioffer from sweetwaterss for $150:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/marc-mj-clas...pper-508011794

and one from an mj authorized seller (i think) for $239:
http://www.marcjacobs-bag.com/marc-b...lack-p-29.html

I dont really want to go fake for my first one, but I am a student. I'm not sure Im im using the thread correctly but could I ask your opinion to see which I should buy. Is it worth spending the money for what seems to be auth or save a hundred bucks and get the fake? Thanks!

You might have better luck buying an authentic via ebay - by the time you spend $150 on the fake... spend a little more and you could have authentic... and that marjacobs-bag.com site seems fishy - if it seems too good to be true it usually is.

27-07-2012
offline.

Ooh ... everyone's creating a list of their reps? I'll join in.

I'm not going to even bother listing my NBF Balenciagas - too many to list.. I've let so many go and have kept so many... i really should do an inventory

As for other designers:

Chanel Cerf in black- Love
Chanel Cerf in tan - hate - quality is not so great, which is surprising since i loved my black one so much... not even sell-able, I think.
Chanel black Jumbo - I use this when I go out and dont want to carry all of my everyday essential stuff
Givenchy Nightingale from NBF with Ostrich handles - I have to dig this one out.. it's a lovely bag
LV SC bag in Cobalt - this bag is amazing... details are great
LV Damier Neverfull from Jacky - bought secondhand, it's a great bag for the winter
Celine Trapeze in cobalt - waiting on this to arrive

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #12, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules