How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-10-2009
tfs star

thesiren: I begged the boys to do the Praline GGH FC (I also missed out on the EC but much prefer the FC). They're checking on the zippers for it and will get back to me. Maybe let them know you're interested in one!! I think ohhhhhhmy wanted one too?

DM: I agree, that PT looks great on you! You're very tiny indeed but I like that size on small gals!

kxm: Did you try scratching the glue off with your nail? This sometimes works! If you do use a wipe on it, make sure it doesn't have alcohol in it as it can dry out the leather.

Lotti: Love the grey Work!!

Pink: So what bags did you finally decide on? Ame RH City, 09' anthra GSH Work and GGH City??

09-10-2009
fashion elite

The NBF blue layette is darker than the authentic color and lighter than the authentic tempete.
Glad i have no desire for it.
I already have a hybrid anyway! can anyone say turquamarine

Last edited by bagalicious; 09-10-2009 at 02:14 PM.

09-10-2009
tfs star

Luna: I have a white medium caviar Classic Flap from Jacky. As has been discussed here recently, no Flaps are perfect. Chanel's quality and construction can't be 100% matched I guess. From where I'm sitting, my Vintage XL from Jacky looks spot on, inside and out (with the exception of a very minor issue on the inside). I've poured over pics of the auths and can't find the differences some are talking about... And my caviar Flap is a really great rep as well. Jacky's caviar is awesome. Anyway, Jacky has the best Flaps short of auth. I think you can buy with confidence from him! He has had the double flaps in the past so it depends on the style/year I think... I'm not a Chanel guru by any means though. I'd ask miz*bags* because she is a wealth of Chanel knowledge and will give it to you straight!

09-10-2009
fashion elite

Anyone got any new bags to share? I remember hearing that there were some merch arriving

09-10-2009
rising star

I'm still absolutely loving my anthra but disaster stuck today.... Don't know what I was thinking but I managed to slam my bag (Work) in the car door and unfortuneatly the mirror was dangling from the bag and was totally shattered!!! Bug*er, Bug*er, Bug*er!!!

Apart from the 7 years bad luck anyone know where I can get a replacement mirror, or had this problem before?!!

09-10-2009
fashion elite

Blue Layette does look close to Tempete but I think I'll wait for T&D to actually attempt Tempete in the future.

09-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyshow View Post
I'm still absolutely loving my anthra but disaster stuck today.... Don't know what I was thinking but I managed to slam my bag (Work) in the car door and unfortuneatly the mirror was dangling from the bag and was totally shattered!!! Bug*er, Bug*er, Bug*er!!!

Apart from the 7 years bad luck anyone know where I can get a replacement mirror, or had this problem before?!!
Funkyshow Bugger indeed! You could email the boys and ask them if they have/could do you another anthra mirror. I had a bag arrive with a broken mirror and they just sent me another one (mirror that is). If you have another bag on order then just email them and see if they could do one for you and send it with your new order!!

09-10-2009
rising star

DM I the way Amy looks on you. I think it looks great! I really like the pop of color it gives to dark outfits.

Lotti your new gray work is A-MA-ZING! OMG I want one.

Sorry about the glue on your new bag Kym. I don't have a solution but I am sure the other ladies can help you.

Pink, glad you ordered your millionth black bag. JK. I can't wait to see it.

The boys have been trying to push Blue Layette on me for a min but it's just not my color. However, the Day Luna posted has me a little interested.

Sorry about your mirror FunkyShow. Not sure where you can get an exact replacement (size-wise), but I'm sure you can get the boys to send you another, especially if you have a bag coming or have it shipped to someone else with their order and have them ship it to you.

09-10-2009
backstage pass

Ah thanks bella08. It looks like the PT is a keeper.... Maybe. Heehee :p
Good thinking about FunkyShows mirror too!

I'm in the UK FunkyShow so if you haven't got an order on the way they could always send it to me with my Ame City (if they ever start making it ) and i'll bob it to you in the post

09-10-2009
fashion elite

Funkyshow I had a broken mirror that needed replacing, i took into a glass/mirror cutting shop and they cut me a bit and i popped it in, cost $2..

Last edited by bagalicious; 09-10-2009 at 03:33 PM.

09-10-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybluestar View Post
thesiren: I begged the boys to do the Praline GGH FC (I also missed out on the EC but much prefer the FC). They're checking on the zippers for it and will get back to me. Maybe let them know you're interested in one!! I think ohhhhhhmy wanted one too?
thanks, but i think the FC is too casual for me with the wristlet. i'm going to get the black FC with GGH to try it on for size, but the praline i really wanted for dressier looks.

anyone else interested in the following:
- envelope clutch
- step
- brief with RH

09-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagalicious View Post
Funkyshow I had a broken mirror that needed replacing, i took into a glass/mirror cutting shop and they cut me a bit and i popped it in, cost $2..
How the heck did they get it in without cutting the leather around the frame...? Did you have David Blaine do it?

09-10-2009
fashion elite

MIRROR-it was a little tough, but with a little elbow grease you can do it..you have to really push it in and up, and use a butter knife to ease/hold the leather up, then release it over the other end.
Mirror bloke used "something that looked like a butter knife"

Last edited by bagalicious; 09-10-2009 at 03:40 PM.

09-10-2009
fashion elite

Antelope- I know you must know they have a praline city with GGH up on there ioffer site...any good?

09-10-2009
front row

My friend ask me how big a Day is and if she could carry her pc so I took photos for her..
Maybe someone else could be interessed in

day + pc.jpg day con pc.jpg
My Vaio is 15,4" screen
pics by me

Last edited by giggetta; 09-10-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #3, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, read, rules