How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2010
rising star

Most probably I'm buying the bag from Catty. She offers paypal, which save all the hassles.

04-01-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_yorkie View Post
^oh, i totally forgot about commenting on the keep all MC. i've seen someone w a well broken in graffiti keepall last weekend at the mall and absolutely NICE. just try out the size and think if it fits you. you can use it as travel bag or weekend bag if you decide NOt for everyday it's a great bag
Thanks baby_yorkie! I swear I can't make up my mind. I feel like I should really just try it out. I was going to order it from e2pop or Joy as their MC looks pretty spot on. Joy's shipping is OUTRAGEOUS but her merch is pretty good and I know that MC can be difficult to pin down. I hate that it's 45 but I really cannot carry a 30. They look funny on my frame. ... I'm hoping that the 45 keepall isn't any bigger than this monster GM I have. Did NOT know it would be this big!

04-01-2010
windowshopping

I posted my chanel in the pic thread if anyone is still interested
I'll try to take pics with it stuffed, but I'm leaving for a holiday soon and havn't packed yet so I cannot promise anything

Melissa71, Thank you for your advice I washed it with water but didn't think of using any softners, so I'll give that a try. Oh and I asked jacky what the stole was made of and he said it was cashmere. The auth is 70% cashmere and 30% silk, so maybe that is why it just felt different.

fanbao26Apart from the shape, the quality is great so I will give it a tryI hope it grows on me I hope you are loving your PS1

100mphI agree, I know Jacky has great stuff with goood quality and I will keep buying from him but I think this time, it was just bad luck. (I couldn't find a single auth one to compare online so it made it hard as well )
I might consider using a bag organizer as you suggested This bag definitely needs to be filled so it sounds perfect!

04-01-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeyX3 View Post
Thanks baby_yorkie! I swear I can't make up my mind. I feel like I should really just try it out. I was going to order it from e2pop or Joy as their MC looks pretty spot on. Joy's shipping is OUTRAGEOUS but her merch is pretty good and I know that MC can be difficult to pin down. I hate that it's 45 but I really cannot carry a 30. They look funny on my frame. ... I'm hoping that the 45 keepall isn't any bigger than this monster GM I have. Did NOT know it would be this big!
ColeyX3: I get the scale wrong with bags all the time. Unless there is a mannequin or something in the picture I'm useless. I wish sellers would put a reference in their images like a pop can or something to help me out. I have to online browse with a long ruler beside me so that I can actually measure out how big the bags are-- after "visualizing" the Large PS1 (although stunning) I think it's too big for me! I'll wait for a medium.

04-01-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mph View Post
ColeyX3: I get the scale wrong with bags all the time. Unless there is a mannequin or something in the picture I'm useless. I wish sellers would put a reference in their images like a pop can or something to help me out. I have to online browse with a long ruler beside me so that I can actually measure out how big the bags are-- after "visualizing" the Large PS1 (although stunning) I think it's too big for me! I'll wait for a medium.
100mph I thought it was just me staring at bags online with ruler in hand! My GM was actually a gift. I'd seen it online but had been entirely too lazy to go into my local LV and look at its dimensions... and now I am toting a friggin beach bag everywhere I go! I have literally knocked unsuspecting bystanders in the head with this bag. *sigh* I'll have to learn to either tuck the wings in or be prepared to issue apologies everywhere I go while I carry it!

04-01-2010
tfs star

Joy doesn't have the MC Keepall She said her favorite supplier for MC doesn't carry it. I can say though, her white MC is SPOT on. Gorgeous and worth the ridiculous shipping! David's may be just as good (I hope it is) but I've never purchased MC from him.

Jacky's Birks have straight stitches in some places on the bag and sometimes they're angled...maybe some bags he gets it right.... For me personally, the stitching is a BIG deal so I won't get a Birk from him even though they are so so so gorgeous and that soliel with gold is calling to me.

Coley my dear...just for you!

pic from fashionphile.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kepallsmall.jpg (5.2 KB, 281 views)

Last edited by babybluestar; 04-01-2010 at 10:11 PM.

04-01-2010
front row

100mph & ColeyX3.. too funny, i browse online with a ruler as well.. at the moment, i'm liking J's extra-large flap bag.. and i kept drawing the bag out on paper to try to visualise how it will look on it.. i personally think it would be too wide.. as such, i haven't had the guts to purchase the bag!

i'm waiting for the guys' reply for their raisin bags.. i can't wait to have a raisin ggh work in my hands.. and can't wait for the guys' new colors for 2010.. hopefully, one of them is a RED! i neeed a RED Work!

SugarBabyLove, my leopard stole is not as soft as well.. but once wrapped, it's okay.. and looks awesome! the threads are also fragile.. gotta be extra careful when i carry it out.

ColeyX3, i loveeeee white MC! and have been wanting an MC 30/Keepall!!! If Joy's are good, i might go check hers out!! Thank you!!!

bagalicious, finally!!! LOL! so happy you love your PS1!!!! It's a nice bag.. just not getting enough love from me, though.

Last edited by pixellated; 04-01-2010 at 10:13 PM.

04-01-2010
backstage pass

pixellated- Thanks for your concern! I'm feeling all better now!

sugarbabylove- I finally got to see your photos today! I really like your purchases from jacky. Hopefully, they'll grow on you. Let us know how they wear in.

bagalicious- Finally!!!!!! The ps1 has arrived! THE LONG AWAITED beauty has finally reached shore. I'm sure you must be so relieved and I'm happy to hear that you are loving it!!! Your pics definitely bring out the beauty of your bag for sure! I can't wait to see mod pics. CONGRATS!!!

04-01-2010
front row

pixellated: Joy doesn't have it, but e2pop does and it is a BEAUT! I dunno...I may have to risk it. I tell you I am so tardy on the whole MC thing. I never could get into it and then I saw the MC Speedy at Joy's spot and fell in love. Her colors are PERFECT.
As a side note, e2pop has some VERY good lookin' Birkins. Not a ton of colors, but stitches are angled spot on all over the bag and hardware looks great - crisp and clean and not too deeply engraved.

babybluestar: Thanks BUNCHES for the comparison pic! Hmmmm... It does look kinda funny on her. I dunno. I want to risk it sooooo super bad but I'll be crushed if it looks funny. Although, 100mph did rationalize that I could just use it for what it's meant for - a keepall should I not like the everyday carry. The Rita would be an nice everyday carry sizewise but I don't like the shape AT ALL.

04-01-2010
fashion insider

tbh, i really DIS-like the RITA, it's like a Vking boat
Kim is about 5'1 in that pictures as she's without heels...so figure.

04-01-2010
backstage pass

bagalicious: congrats! you finally have your PS1!

05-01-2010
front row

ColeyX3 From my research, it seems that Jacky's stitching is not /// but rather - - - which is quite important. It is the obvious tell sign. Also if there is any stamping after the "Paris" on the strap it is a tell.

bagalicious if you don't mind, could you post some close-ups of your black birkin? the stitching, and the strap part for the lock? thanks!
congrats on your PS1! it is amazing!

05-01-2010
rising star

I preordered a Marine from T&D over a month ago, and they told me now is on thier "control table", and will ship it out within a couple weeks. Did I hear from this thread that Marine may turn into Officer? Has anyone received their Marine from T&D? Could you let us know what color exactly it is?

I apologize if this question has been answered. This thread moves so fast. I am trying my best to catch up. TIA.

05-01-2010
fashion insider

^ you should ask NBF again because we dont see any marine bag up in their ioffer store

05-01-2010
windowshopping

Catty has a brand new Prada-album with lots of different prada bags. any opinions on her pradas?

i want one!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #4, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, read, rules