How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-04-2010
fashion elite

Chicadee- thanks..I snatched it up on Ebay NWT, I missed it as well.
Lovedbychanel- THANKS...I think they still have some outremer for sale on there website if you're interested... I love having long hair! it's such a nice change. Thanks..xoxo
Lovetheluxe- The reason why you probably have not been sent any of our sellers addresses yet.... is we like to see new members contribute to the thread rather than just ask for our sellers web sites on there 1-4th post..YKWIM? so start posting and I'm sure the links will follow
Bonne- I think it's just there (T&D) lighting, as you can see all our pics and mod shots you will see that the bags are not shiny at all. I mean some may have a bit more of a sheen, but for the most part it's just there photos. HTH. Most of the times our bags are matte and very true in texture and finish to the authentic Bal leather.
Candy- Thanks...can't wait to see your painted GGH!

Last edited by bagalicious; 01-04-2010 at 02:27 PM.

01-04-2010
rising star

The Saga of my "O" rings

First, I thought I would try to do it by myself. I tried with many many screw drivers to unscrew the screws and finally cut open the bag. And lo and behold, during my unsuccesful attemps at descrewing, I ruined the back of the screw so that no screw driver (I tried 7 different attachments) would fit it.

Time for the shoe repair shop. The guy who is really good was on vacation and his sons were in charge. They were really confused about how I ruined the screw and after much conversing amongst themselves, they agreed to accept the project. Two days later I go pick it up and they tell me that they can't take out the screws because the GGH will not fit in the "machine" that needs to hold it. I was confused. How could they not use their HANDS to hold the screw if need be. Or some PLIERS?? They say there is no machine that will be able to hold the GGH still. Pliers are not strong enough. The GGH is angled and NO MACHINE can hold something angled.

Finally, I give it another try. The shoe repair guys had cut out the lining of the other side of the bag so it was very easy to see the screw, find the correct screw driver and change the o ring. The other side with the ruined screw was much harder but after much pulling it somehow tore loose from the bag (still attached to the GGH). Not ideal but it worked.

So I have suceeded in changing my "O" rings. I am very happy. I reinforced the leather that the broken screw tore with a plastic NARS eye shadow insert LOL! I glued that bad boy on there and then glued the GGH on the leather and so far it seems to be holding up. If this doesn't work, I will go to a hard ware shop and see if I can get a replacement screw to put in the GGH because I'm not sure how tight that screw is on there.

Next, I plan to return to the shoe repair shop when the father returns. I will take with me my bag and my PLIERS and demonstrate how one can successfully use pliers to hold angled GGH still.

THE END

01-04-2010
rising star

Adding my name for Moutard! :p
Quote:
GALET:Bagalicious, Pixellated, Ladyluxe, Fanbao26, Coco109, Daft, Chicadee, Arisaa, Shopholic, Cloudyblue, Marienbad, meryll, bonne, luisa, SugarBabyLove,LovedByChanel,Silvia

NOIX: Crystal7, Candycandy, Arisaa, Kimkhuu X 3 (City RH, Twiggy, Part-Time GSH), coco109 [ Part Time, Day Bag], babybluestar (only if they'll do GGH), PinkPrincess113 (GGH only), pixellated (GGH only - either in midday or work), Bella08, Sucre03, littleblacksheep (RH city)

OLIVE: #1 Blair Warner, #2 coco109, #3 the siren, #4 candycandy, #5 Alkistis, #6 beavercall, #7 shopgirl86, #8 Devon, #9 Goddesh, #10 Daft, #11 KitterKat, #12 SMKelly, #13 Arisaa, #15 Nicky x 2 bags, #16 Madmurderermud, #17 mm07, #18 pixellated #19 Missdaisychain

SORBET: Lucy92, pixellated, Crystal7, PinkPrincess113,bby,Shoptfs

MOUTARD: cloudyblue, goddessh,bby, ViaSarah

Pom Pon: baglicious, shoptfs, ViaSarah, pixellated, j0anne, luisa, candy, cloudyblue not possible

RH Brief: bagalicious, pixellated, Sucre03

Town
: theprettycat,lucy92, berber
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco109 View Post
Velo style hits right at the hip so it is a true cross body. I just received my Canard Velo this morning and I love it so. It is a truly versatile style and I think it is my new favorite. The city does not really work for me and this style does. It is really popular as Balenciaga is including it as a Fall 2010 style. For all those who love the Velo Style place your order with T&D as I will be sending my bag to them on April 8th.
Thanks again for your generosity . I just emailed T&D.

crystal7 I can't wait to see how your pommier turned out!

Sucre03 Those O rings took me forever to change. I remember sitting down for 4 hrs trying to change them and finally half an hr later I've succeeded. I'm glad you got them fixed .

Last edited by ViaSarah; 01-04-2010 at 04:56 PM.

01-04-2010
rising star

this is soo sad but i love the word palaver, i saw it and it made me smile haha. so glad you got it all sorted sucre

and baga loving the mod pics and your extensions are great...am now considering getting some hmmm...

all you girls were talking about LV a couple of pages ago and i agree with you all that im suddenly very very interested, loving the peach speedy on jackys page but i think regular canvas might be better...what do you girls think? sort of wanting to do a large jacky order in the next couple of weeks

01-04-2010
front row

I just went on the tpf site && it had Locked in big red writing over the tpf logo then it read..

Dear TPFer,

After taking a good look at our lives, we realized that there was an urgency for drastic change. We decided to leave our passion for bags behind, move to the woods and engage in collecting yard gnomes.

Because of this, we will be closing down tPF and keeping everything as a locked archive.

Please understand this is our time of change and finding our true selves.

The TPF Administration

Well that sucks!!!!!!!!!! At least they are keeping it open so you can look at the older post sheeessshhh that blows

MissDaisyChain You can always start off with a simple LV bag like speedy or neverfull or something along the lines of that. So you can just get your LV fix until you figure out other styles you may like..

Im going to do one more LV haul && then im moving on to balenciaga for good && I mean that Hahahahahaha I think I will enjoy using balenciaga bags better because of the range of colors and the choice of the different hardware && I just love the leather ohhhhh soooo much..

01-04-2010
windowshopping

Perhaps that's an April Fools joke?!

BTW Hi everyone
Long time lurker here, finally I have worked up the courage and I would love to join you all and contribute to this thread.

LovedByChanel, I have eagerly been reading your posts, I am seriously considering ordering a couple of LV's from E2pop

01-04-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jay View Post
Perhaps that's an April Fools joke?!

BTW Hi everyone
Long time lurker here, finally I have worked up the courage and I would love to join you all and contribute to this thread.

LovedByChanel, I have eagerly been reading your posts, I am seriously considering ordering a couple of LV's from E2pop

Lady Jay- Ohhhh yea it could be a april fools day joke hahahahaha well they really got me because I was really bummed about it && Yea e2pop has nice items I enjoy my bags from him a lot.. && I wanted to give a warm welcome to all of our new members

Im Super Slow Hahahahahaahaha I Forgot That It Was April Fools Day

Last edited by LovedByChanel; 01-04-2010 at 06:28 PM.

01-04-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitizedfashion View Post
Motion to only discuss "flaws" through PM rather than on the main forum beyond "something is off" etc. I, like, many of you happen to know that people use this thread to help "spot fakes" since this thread is indeed public. KWIM?

Am I alone? I mean absolutely no offense .
...doesn't that defeat the purpose of this thread then? we used to openly talk shop about all DIFFERENT sellers and flaws to help one another find the best reps...it's like taking away half of the usefulness of this forum. and as we just discovered, one person's deal breaker is another person's no big d.

shelleybean if you're gonna buy an auth buy a preloved auth. i just saw an excellent used speedy 30 on an let-trade's site for less than half retail.

01-04-2010
rising star

I can't believe the last time I posted in this thread was when I was still compiling my first Jacky order!

Anyway, I have been living in the UK for the past few months and can't help but feel an itch for the Alexa - it's everywhere! Catty's yellow one looks pretty good, has anyone received theirs yet? I'd love to see pictures. Has anyone ordered one from Jacky? I haven't seen his, but I have a Bays from him, and it's very good.

01-04-2010
windowshopping

Question time is anyone here familiar with the LV Mahina? I would really love a denim one, can anyone suggest a good seller? E2pops look amazing to me but I have no idea how it compares to the auth. Thoughts?

01-04-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jay View Post
Question time is anyone here familiar with the LV Mahina? I would really love a denim one, can anyone suggest a good seller? E2pops look amazing to me but I have no idea how it compares to the auth. Thoughts?
I dont know much about that bag but I know that someone posted one in the picture only thread.. You could also look on tpf im sure there is a lot of info on that bag there with pictures..

01-04-2010
fashion insider

ladyjay - the mahina was THE bag to have about two summers ago, so there's LOTS of info in past threads. i do not remember anyone buying a denim one, but the gris and black from jacky were practically exact to the auth. i've always wanted a biscuit, but the only one who looks decent is david's and it still does not look dead on in terms of color. it is a very glam bag!

01-04-2010
trendsetter

LovedByChanel-your mono alma looks sooooooooo amazing I just love it. Did you use anything to give it that patina or did it just turn that gorgeous honey color? also did you use something on the bag or is it just the pic that gives it a nice sheen? thanks beautiful, beautiful collection

Last edited by crystal7; 01-04-2010 at 09:07 PM.

01-04-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal7 View Post
LovedByChanel-your mono alma looks sooooooooo amazing I just love it. Did you use anything to give it that patina or did it just turn that gorgeous honey color? thanks beautiful, beautiful collection
I didnt do anything to it at all I bought it off craigslist and it was pre loved and had already turned a light honey color.Overtime it turned on its own its funny because I dont put oil on the handles or trim of my real Lv bags because im afraid. Hahahaha but on my rep Lv's I experiment && put them through all kinds of stuff but baby my real bags sad but true.

Okay this is what I notice all real lv handles && trim once they patina into the pretty honey color they have that sheen its like that "golden glow" hahahaha. I have yet to see a rep Lv that also has that sheen once the handles && trim turn.. The reps handles && trim will turn into a honey color but it doesnt have that "golden glow"

Thank you Crystal

Last edited by LovedByChanel; 01-04-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Redo

01-04-2010
trendsetter

bagalicious- wow you look great!!! and all set for spring too, it'll be 80F here tomorrow, yipeeeee oh yes and I think it's just you and I so far who have ordered from buy/sell, I cannot wait to see pommier but I guess the earliest will be Tuesday now

LovedByChanel-thank you for all the info I have a speed rep mono 30 which I have put like 6 coats of baby oil on of course letting it dry well between coats but I think I will put it outside in the sunshine for a few hours tomorrow, I hope it's the right thing to do as I would like to darken it a bit more

Last edited by crystal7; 01-04-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #7, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules