How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-04-2010
fashion insider

Added others to the sorbet list.. katinboots get a sorbet! it's gorrrrgeous, IMO the best pink bal has ever made.. no offense to amethyst lovers, because i like amethyst too but sorbet is my favorite kind of pink (as you can tell from my username i love pink haha)

bagalicious I don't think there is an age limit for pink! Honestly vibrant pinks are hard to pull off no matter how old you are and you pull off amethyst beautifully. I think you could pull off a sorbet GSH day, RH city, or RH day for sure. Btw LOVE the hair extensions on you.

GALET:Bagalicious, Pixellated, Ladyluxe, Fanbao26, Coco109, Daft, Chicadee, Arisaa, Shopholic, Cloudyblue, Marienbad, meryll, bonne, luisa, SugarBabyLove,LovedByChanel,Silvia

NOIX: Crystal7, Candycandy, Arisaa, Kimkhuu X 3 (City RH, Twiggy, Part-Time GSH), coco109 [ Part Time, Day Bag], babybluestar (only if they'll do GGH), PinkPrincess113 (GGH only), pixellated (GGH only - either in midday or work), Bella08, Sucre03, littleblacksheep (RH city)

OLIVE: #1 Blair Warner, #2 coco109, #3 the siren, #4 candycandy, #5 Alkistis, #6 beavercall, #7 shopgirl86, #8 Devon, #9 Goddesh, #10 Daft, #11 KitterKat, #12 SMKelly, #13 Arisaa, #15 Nicky x 2 bags, #16 Madmurderermud, #17 mm07, #18 pixellated #19 Missdaisychain

SORBET: Lucy92, pixellated, Crystal7, PinkPrincess113, bby, Shoptfs, Arissa, uberprincess, eskielvr, candycandy

MOUTARD: cloudyblue, goddessh,bby, ViaSarah, j0anne

RH Brief: bagalicious, pixellated, Sucre03

Town: theprettycat,lucy92, berber, shoptfs

02-04-2010
windowshopping

Just adding my name to Galet, I seem to keep falling off the list
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberprincess View Post
Just adding myself to sorbet - if I can't have sandstone, I'm more than willing to settle for sorbet!!!

GALET:Bagalicious, Pixellated, Ladyluxe, Fanbao26, Coco109, Daft, Chicadee, Arisaa, Shopholic, Cloudyblue, Marienbad, meryll, bonne, luisa, SugarBabyLove,LovedByChanel,Silvia, lovetheluxe

NOIX: Crystal7, Candycandy, Arisaa, Kimkhuu X 3 (City RH, Twiggy, Part-Time GSH), coco109 [ Part Time, Day Bag], babybluestar (only if they'll do GGH), PinkPrincess113 (GGH only), pixellated (GGH only - either in midday or work), Bella08, Sucre03, littleblacksheep (RH city)

OLIVE: #1 Blair Warner, #2 coco109, #3 the siren, #4 candycandy, #5 Alkistis, #6 beavercall, #7 shopgirl86, #8 Devon, #9 Goddesh, #10 Daft, #11 KitterKat, #12 SMKelly, #13 Arisaa, #15 Nicky x 2 bags, #16 Madmurderermud, #17 mm07, #18 pixellated #19 Missdaisychain

SORBET: Lucy92, pixellated, Crystal7, PinkPrincess113,bby,Shoptfs, Arissa, uberprincess

Pom Pon: baglicious, shoptfs, ViaSarah, pixellated, j0anne, luisa, candy, cloudyblue not possible

Town: theprettycat,lucy92, berber
Just adding my name to Galet, I seem to keep falling off the list

02-04-2010
windowshopping

Marbled looking leather
Hey ladies,

My Raisin GSH from T&D still has that really marbled look. I used the LMB conditioner which worked wonders on the smell and definitely softened it up a bit but didn't do much for the color. Any tips?

Sorry the pic isn't better, the lighting in my office is a bit gloomy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Raisin NBF Bbag.jpg (29.5 KB, 17 views)

02-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by candycandy View Post
for who dyed a bbag..i was searching tarrago dye but i can't find here online..i have to wait i can go out and find some ( maybe the cobbler has? )
i was wondering, how was the result on your nbf bags?
for you, can i dye a pinkish bag to dark brown or bordeaux?
TIA
Candy,
I can't remember the tarrago link, but you def. want to use a penetrating dye, like Fiebings, first. Two or three coats. Then the self-shine dye (1 coat) by Tarrago.

Now, as for the color, if you search in thread #6, I posted pics of my DIY dye project where I dyed an NBF aqua to black. It's been weeks and I've used her every day, with no color fading. It's really important to let the bag dry for 24-48 hours between coats.

And yes, you'll be totally fine dyeing a pinkish bag to a darker color.

My bag ("Joan Jett") underwent three coats of Fiebings and one of Tarrago and was kinda stiff the first week. She's really smooshy now.

I was also amazed that I didn't have to re-wax the edges. The dye penetrated the rubber edging finish with no problem. No peeling, etc.

Good luck! Can't wait to see pics!

02-04-2010
backstage pass

Ladies...Honest opinion...At what age do you think light pink should stopped being carried?
I have always felt that a light pink on me would like RIDICULOUS as i am the grandmother on this thread...I love sorbet to look at and on others, But i think it's best carried on women under 35...Just my opinion...what do you all think?
When I carry my amethyst (which is rarely) I feel like I'm trying to hard. Unless i wear it with jeans, and no make up.[/quote]

Baga, Listen. I'm 45. And as long as you don't go all Ellie Mae Clampett, it's all in your attitude. My Mom is 84 and carries ame/purple/pink, with a neutral outfit, it looks awesome.

Hugs,
Shelley
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (78.7 KB, 259 views)

02-04-2010
fashion insider

Most recent list, a lot of names fell off again.. please use latest list everyone

GALET: Bagalicious, Pixellated, Ladyluxe, Fanbao26, Coco109, Daft, Chicadee, Arisaa, Shopholic, Cloudyblue, Marienbad, meryll, bonne, luisa, SugarBabyLove,LovedByChanel,Silvia, lovetheluxe, uberprincess

OLIVE: Blair Warner, coco109, the siren, candycandy, Alkistis, beavercall, shopgirl86, Devon, Goddesh, Daft, KitterKat, SMKelly, Arisaa, Nicky x 2 bags, Madmurderermud, mm07, pixellated, Missdaisychain

SORBET: Lucy92, pixellated, Crystal7, PinkPrincess113, bby, Shoptfs, Arisaa, uberprincess, Candycandy, Eskielvr

Town: theprettycat,lucy92, berber, Shoptfs, Arisaa

Last edited by PinkPrincess113; 02-04-2010 at 12:46 PM.

02-04-2010
rising star

sanitizedfashion: Any news on your latest Catty chanel order? Can't wait to hear your review!
Sucre03: It's a tad late but Karma for all your perseverance changing the o'rings. I took my bbag to my cobbler, closed my eyes and handed it over. The guy was holding an exacto knife and I just couldn't look. I'll need a few more bags in my collection before I'll do DIY projects!
MissDaisyChain: I'm really drawn to the Spring/Summer peach LV bags too! But there hasn't been enough chatter on the thread to assure me that the reps are "spot on". For some reason I think patina helps "camouflage" a rep bag-- without patina I'm worried a new season rep bag will just scream fake! KWIM??

....looking good Ms. Ellie Mae... tweet twoo

Last edited by 100mph; 02-04-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: forgot

02-04-2010
trendsetter

Pommier
Here is my new bag Miss. Pommier the color IRL is alot brighter perhaps I can try again once l get my camera back these pics make it look washed out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pommier1.jpg (167.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg pommier 2.jpg (112.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg pommier3.jpg (225.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by crystal7; 02-04-2010 at 03:03 PM.

02-04-2010
trendsetter

pommier comparison to magenta
my pommier and magenta bags
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magenta fang.jpg (129.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg pomm vs magenta.jpg (110.7 KB, 8 views)

02-04-2010
fashion elite

Crystal- It looks GREAT .Are you happy ? How does it feel? Is it everything you were hoping it to be?..congratulations How are the details? HW? leather? review and mod pic please!

Last edited by bagalicious; 02-04-2010 at 03:21 PM.

02-04-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagalicious View Post
Crystal- It looks GREAT .Are you happy ? How does it feel? Is it everything you were hoping it to be?..congratulations How are the details? HW? leather? review and mod pic please!
Bagalicious- thank-you I am very happy with the quality of the leather and it is very VERY similar to fang's magenta bag I love how the leather is even and not bumpy I have already showed her around the block
It is as you know a very well made bag fantastic quality just all around very well made I have no complaints l'm very happy

Last edited by crystal7; 02-04-2010 at 03:28 PM.

02-04-2010
trendsetter

Crystal: Your Pommier City looks great. I have an Authentic Pommier that I never carry. Maybe it is because I should have purchased it with regular hardware. I am anxiously awaiting my Authentic Bal Light Olive Day bag which I am sure I will carry alot. Your magenta looks great as well. Congrats!

I am anxiously awaiting for Jacky to get the Oversized Alexa in Ink. Maybe next week I can finally order it.

Authentic Pommier Coin purse. Picture Courtesy of me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RaisinPommier 050 (640x480).jpg (102.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by coco109; 02-04-2010 at 03:32 PM.

02-04-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco109 View Post
Crystal: Your Pommier City looks great. I have an Authentic Pommier that I never carry. Maybe it is because I should have purchased it with regular hardware. I am anxiously awaiting my Authentic Bal Light Olive Day bag which I am sure I will carry alot. Your magenta looks great as well. Congrats!

I am anxiously awaiting for Jacky to get the Oversized Alexa in Ink. Maybe next week I can finally order it.
Thank-you Coco and the only thing that I did think of when I opened the box was maybe I should have got it with GSH but I am happy with this combo as the bag is bright enough oh well a reason to order more bags but in a different color of course I think the next one will be black PT GGH oh my goodness GGH can't believe what l'm saying but I think if the rest of my ensemble is neutral I may be able to pull GGH off but that won't be for a little while yet ....

Coco I didn't see the ink up on his site did he e-mail you that?
/\ that pommier CP is sooo cute, I think l'll go to the shops in the next while and compare my pommier to the auth

Last edited by crystal7; 02-04-2010 at 03:42 PM.

02-04-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal7 View Post
Thank-you Coco and the only thing that I did think of when I opened the box was maybe I should have got it with GSH but I am happy with this combo as the bag is bright enough oh well a reason to order more bags but in a different color of course I think the next one will be black PT GGH oh my goodness GGH can't believe what l'm saying but I think if the rest of my ensemble is neutral I may be able to pull GGH off but that won't be for a little while yet ....

Coco I didn't see the ink up on his site did he e-mail you that?
crytal7: The Ink Alexa is not on Jacky's site yet but he said it would be up
by the end of next week. I hope it is soon as I really want an Ink Alexa. I am going to miss my Velo alot when I send it to the boys so I need my Ink Alexa soon.

02-04-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco109 View Post
crytal7: The Ink Alexa is not on Jacky's site yet but he said it would be up
by the end of next week. I hope it is soon as I really want an Ink Alexa. I am going to miss my Velo alot when I send it to the boys so I need my Ink Alexa soon.
coco- do you know if J will be making the medium PS1 in a ink? What colors was the med PS1 going to be made in I think black, taupe maybe? oh yeah and yellow. How long do you think the boys will keep your velo for? I hope you get it back as soon as possible, but that was so kind of you to offer to send your bag to them

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #7, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules