How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-04-2010
rising star

bbs - I'm glad you like your bag, I'm waiting for a GSH day, my first day, hope I made the right choice!

02-04-2010
fashion elite

BBS- So happy you like the GSH city combo! woohoo I bet outremer will look gorgeous with GSH on the day and the part time..so Goddessh and Crytsal you are in for a fab pair of bags.
Looking forward to bustin out my RH Outremer WK for the spring months ahead...I would have gotten GSH as well, But I have the Elec Blue Wk with GSH, so I didn't..but I think the contrast will be spectacular.

Last edited by bagalicious; 02-04-2010 at 08:27 PM.

02-04-2010
tfs star

SMKelly: I'm glad I wasn't sipping a beverage while reading your post...I would have spit it all over my monitor!!! Ohhh, Ellie Mae. Too funny!

chelsea and crystal: Great patina on your bags! I'm really happy with the way my Galleira from Catty has patina'd.... After a lot of trial and error, I firmly believe that for me to get the best patina...I do a few coats of oil and then let the sun and time/use take it from there. I like to get it to a light honey color so it doesn't look brand spankin' new, and then it gradually gets that rich dark color I LOVE! All in time though!

baga: I think you're quite young at heart and you rock a bag like no other so you could carry that hideous Garden Party Bal (the one miz*bags* said looked like a salad with nipples ) and make it look good! BUT, if you feel that you're beyond your light pink years...don't do it. If you're not comfortable carrying it, you're not going to feel good about using the bag and you won't love it. It would just hang on it's hook all day with your non Bal bags.... I understand because even though life is short and who really gives a hoot if I carry a Birkin and no one buys it as real...I just can't seem to get over the thought of "It's the most recognized bag in the WORLD and everyone knows they cost $1,000's!!" I'd be worrying while carrying it so it just wouldn't be worth it. On the other hand, I aodre my NBF's and would honestly carry my new outremer into my local Bal boutique without a second thought. It could fool anyone. I think feeling confident and comfortable with the bag you're carrying is huge. Stick with what you love.

While we're on the subject of sorbet.....I'd be on board for one but only if it turned out like the more vibrant batches of auth. I don't like the washed out sorbet.... But the saturated, deep pink version is stunning and I think I'd actually get a DAY in that style.... Is anyone else weird like I am and think certain colors look better in certain styles? I'm not sure why...but some colors to me only look really good in the Work or City...and other colors I think suit the Day the best....

I'm keeping everything crossed and praying that T&D will do noix!!! Btw, I'm part French but don't speak the language...is it pronounced like the French word for king, 'roi'? Or like trois? I pretty much pronounce it like it rhymes with trois....

I really hope Jacky will eventually make the chartreuse PS1!! Kimair's is so beautiful (and you wear it so well!). I'd love to own one!!

02-04-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPrincess113 View Post
Coco thanks again for being so generous to send your velo to the boys.. will be ordering a black RH velo Cute pommier cp

Crystal gorgeous pictures! I still love your magenta city from Fang.. but a T&D Sorbet might have to take the spotlight away from her once you get her I will be SO excited if we get our HG bags!!

Madmurderermud
I think you should get a sang velo! Crossbody! Spacious! You can adjust the strap to be a shoulder bag like the city strap!
Pinkprincess-thank-you I am delighted with them :p you might just be right although I do love my magenta city, when will we find out if T&D will make the sorbet for sure did they say?

Bagalicious-that is good news indeed I cannot wait to see my outremer PT GSH

Thank-you babybluestar- I'm trying, although LV is new to me but it's good to know l'm on the right track with the patina

Last edited by crystal7; 02-04-2010 at 08:47 PM.

02-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicadee View Post
chelsea - wow the patina on your speedy looks great!! did you put any oil on it? do you remember who you bought it from? i hope my lv rep from jacky turns like that in 5 years

Thanks! No-I don't oil my babies-I like to tan them Au Naturel

I bought it and an alma and keepall 60 from a seller who isn't on ioffer anymore otherwise I would gladly share the info.

My reps from jacky are tanning nicely, and the rep alma that we got my friend from jacky a few years ago patina'd like my speedy. my bosophore from him tanned, too but I don't use that all the time.

The only jacky items that haven't tanned are my 'nice' cosmetic case and port monnaie ronde because the cosmetic case stays in my bathroom and doesn't get in the sun or get carried every day. I haven't used the coin purse (I forgot I had it). So now that I remember, I will stick it in my purse and use it!!

crystal-very nice speedy!!
BBS-thanks!!

shelleybean-ok, so what are you going to do?????? I say go for the rep!!

Last edited by chelsea2901; 02-04-2010 at 09:26 PM.

02-04-2010
backstage pass

fashionplus: I have Jacky's Speedy30 rep and I think it's awesome. It has been oiled up considerably and has a fairly dark patina. If I could figure out how to resize photos (iPhoto) I would post all the pics I've taken - my Anthra Brief included!
As far as the patina thing goes, I really don't think most people notice that kind of stuff. It's just that to me, and this is all personal opinion, the auths seem to have a more yellow-y-ish tinge to their patina, and the leather always seems a bit more supple and soft. JMHO. When I walk into Holt Renfrew and buy a new Tod's I just look at the style, shape, colour, and leather. Whether it's a D-Bag Bauletto, Restyled D-Bag Media or D-Bag Shopping Tote I don't even pay attention. Of all the auth bags I have, I'll bet you I only know the exact colour name and style of 2 or 3 of them. How many of you Bal-lovin' ladies have had someone come up to you and say... "we have the same bag?" It's doubtful to me that the majority of people would look at your bag and say... "hmmm the bales are the wrong shape, the O-rings too big, what the hell colour IS that? amethyst my a$$!, girlfriend don't even get me started about those handles!" I would never know how to spot a fake if it wasn't for this thread - and that makes me a little bit sad. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to carry a bad fake, and I think we are all here to help each other get the best ones we can. That being said, there's a part of me that feels a bit ruined by it all - or maybe just more jaded? I used to see someone and think to myself "Wow, what a beautiful Balenciaga, what a lucky girl!" Now I find myself scrutinizing and trying to do a mental authentication in the elevator or the check-out line.
I dunno, that's just me. I just try to remember that it's a public forum and you know your neighbour Susie? yeah, she reads it and now she knows your Marine GGH City is fake because your hardware isn't "gold" enough. Alright, y'all can flame me now!
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of TFS or it's members. shelleybean makes no representation concerning and does not guarantee the source, originality, accuracy, or reliability of any statement, information, data, finding, interpretation, advice, opinion, or view presented.
babybluestar: I was just about to tell bagalicious the exact same thing. You beat me to it and took the words right out of my mouth. Feeling confident about what your carrying goes a long way. If you don't feel like you're rockin' it, it'll show.
EDIT: Oh yeah, the oiling and tanning the vachetta? You need sun for that, right? (says shelleybean through gritted teeth as she looks at the snow still falling)

Last edited by shelleybean; 02-04-2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: weather update

02-04-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagalicious View Post
Coco-I'm going to research and see what colors the velo is authentically made in...However this does not mean that T&D will be making these colors...but I want to make sure that its not a frankenvelo...Once again..Enjoy your velo and thank you.
bagalicious: I know for certain that the Velo is made in Anthracite, Sorbet, Sang, Outremer, Castagna, Black, Light Olive, Canard and Moutarde - all with Regular Hardware. It is also being made in the Pre-Collection colors for Fall 2010. I have researched alot as I really love this bag.

02-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea2901 View Post
Thanks! No-I don't oil my babies-I like to tan them Au Naturel
I bought it and an alma and keepall 60 from a seller who isn't on ioffer anymore otherwise I would gladly share the info.
My reps from jacky are tanning nicely, and the rep alma that we got my friend from jacky a few years ago patina'd like my speedy. my bosophore from him tanned, too but I don't use that all the time.
The only jacky items that haven't tanned are my 'nice' cosmetic case and port monnaie ronde because the cosmetic case stays in my bathroom and doesn't get in the sun or get carried every day. I haven't used the coin purse (I forgot I had it). So now that I remember, I will stick it in my purse and use it!!
crystal-very nice speedy!!
BBS-thanks!!
shelleybean-ok, so what are you going to do?????? I say go for the rep!!
Not a double post, but it was just getting soooo long......
You have a Nice Beauty case? I want one of those. I use my Deauville for travel (and sometimes instead of a purse on the plane) but I've wanted the Nice for quite a while.
What am I going to do? Well after much deliberation it would seem a bit silly to spend, what, $817.60 on an auth Speedy when I could hit the motherlode for about $550. I just emailed Michelle to make sure what I want is actually in stock - nothing like getting your hopes up and finding out 4/5 bags you want aren't in stock. I'm doing an order with Michelle (lxbgcn) because I'm getting shoes and accessories as well and well, she's kinda like the Wal-Mart of rep sites! so......
Tod's Pashmy Bauletto in Black
Tod's Lambskin Pashmy in Tan
Bottega Cocker in Dark Blue
MJ Stam in Icy Black, Pearl Cream or Taupe (remember I have a black one coming from ehbest from my non-Dior fiasco!
MJ Stam Hobo in Taupe
Chanel Hidden Chain in bright blue (sorry sanitized et al.!)
Chanel Quilted Lambskin Coco Cocoon in Cream
Prada Speedy-styled bag in Pearl Gray
Mulberry Beatrice Messenger in Purple Suede
Mulberry Abigail Hobo in suede (I don't care what colour)

So obviously I'm not getting all of them, but most likely I will see what they have and narrow it down to three. I will also get three pairs of shoes (CL Barcelona wedges and two pairs of flats) and two or three scarves, a wallet maybe and a new Tiffany keychain or something. If you see any red flags, let me know.
And.......don't even think of asking (pm'ing) me who this person is. If you read the thread y'all should know this by now!
kisses dahlings.....

Last edited by shelleybean; 02-04-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake? moi?

02-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleybean View Post
fashionplus: I have Jacky's Speedy30 rep and I think it's awesome. It has been oiled up considerably and has a fairly dark patina. If I could figure out how to resize photos (iPhoto) I would post all the pics I've taken - my Anthra Brief included!
Oh-I didn't realize you already had the rep-my bad!! I would love to see pics of your oiled up baby

The only thing that would make me a little nervous about places like let-trade (who has beautiful things, and so do a couple of other japanese resellers on ebay) is that it makes me wonder just a tiny bit if their lv mono items are all auth. I mean, we have seen some beautful bags here with some great patina-and look at the vernis-and the reps are getting so good imo that it makes you wonder if there aren't some really good reps being re-sold.

I think you should go for a new one from the boutique.

02-04-2010
backstage pass

ok-edit-shelley you answered while I was posting my reply!! Here are links of pics of my cosmetics case from jacky when it was new (pics by me)

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/att...0&d=1214841739

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/att...1&d=1214841739

can't wait to see what you finally buy!!!!

02-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea2901 View Post
Oh-I didn't realize you already had the rep-my bad!! I would love to see pics of your oiled up baby
The only thing that would make me a little nervous about places like let-trade (who has beautiful things, and so do a couple of other japanese resellers on ebay) is that it makes me wonder just a tiny bit if their lv mono items are all auth. I mean, we have seen some beautful bags here with some great patina-and look at the vernis-and the reps are getting so good imo that it makes you wonder if there aren't some really good reps being re-sold.
I think you should go for a new one from the boutique.
Girlfriend, you are reading my mail, picking up what I'm putting down KWIM?
I looked on ebay when I was contemplating getting the LV Noe. I could have got one for 300 some-odd dollars.
Here's my thing though, and this kinda goes back to my previous post about nit-picking over flaws (and this is where it's a good thing)...... I would be horrified to find what I thought was pre-owned authentic bag (let's say a Speedy for example) was actually a pre-owned incredibly flawless rep bag. To think that I could spend $300 on something that turned out to be a fake when I could have bought it from Jacky for $67!!! Quelle horreur! (that was for you babybluestar) The reps just keep getting better and better. Just because someone has "my poopie trusted seller" don't mean a shoobie-doo.
And you can take that to the bank! Uh-huh!
EDIT: yeah I forgot to say that YES, I would only buy a new one from the boutique (but I guess my post kinda explained that?)

Last edited by shelleybean; 02-04-2010 at 10:51 PM.

02-04-2010
fashion insider

there is no rep that can pass as REAL if u know where/what to look for.

03-04-2010
trendsetter

wow, so much to catch up with!
congrats to all new bags

okay girls: my PS1 medium arrived and i think it's super cool, BUT the stitching on my bag at the corners of the front flap is not done well... i don't know whether its my bag or all bags.

my outremer PT and EC came but i wasn't here,they'll come again next week. so tuesday will be outremer day. so yay for that

03-04-2010
backstage pass

this thread goes insanely fast congrats to all the new bags, lucky girls

babybluestar: noix is pronounced like roi and trois, you don't pronounce the last letter (the s in trois or the x in noix)

shelley: no I wouldn't do that either, ebay is filled with lots of (good) fakes

03-04-2010
front row

Pinkp, I think I agree with you - I may also believe that the sorbet is the bbags best pink. Now I just have to decide if I'd get any use out of it, or if it would just sit in my room while I glances at it every so often and thought "what a great colour...."..

For me pink is hard to wear, NOT because I'm too punk rock black on black on black haha, but because I generally feel silly wearing it.
SO, baga, I know what you mean about the feeling kinda dumb... Cause I already feel it, in my early 20s! So we definitely share the 'pink is a difficult colour' conundrum!
I also can understand the age thing- I'd feel that my
mom would look a little silly wearing a pink purse (she never would). THAT SAID, I think it all depends on two things: WHAT you wear it with, and, what your style is in general.
My mom isn't very trendy/a young dresser, so on her a pink purse WOULD look silly. Although, if she was wearing smthng verrry casual (comfy clothes, loose jeans, sweat shirt, etc) or even use a pink bag to go to the gym, THEN, it could work!
Ay carumba I hope I made sense

Oh and - about the bubble gum bag - never posted it cause it's not a bbag!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #7, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules