How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-04-2010
trendsetter

LovedByChanel nice to see your back wow I love your bags I cannot decide which I like better they are both sooooooooooo gorgeous but the violet city with GH is just too cute you look fantastic in the pics
thank-you

Last edited by crystal7; 03-04-2010 at 09:52 PM.

03-04-2010
fashion elite

Lovedbychanel- Is there a bag that you don't look great carrying? congrats on your new to you bags You wear them very well.

03-04-2010
rising star

Arissa, I don't know too much about Chanels either, but that really does look great! Congrats!

Lovedbychanel - I <3 your Violet GSH City!

03-04-2010
rising star

Arissa: Your outfit is so cute and the jumbo looks great. How's the interior?

03-04-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marienbad View Post
I had two T&D bbag "experiences" recently that got me to thinking about the shine:

I was standing in line to try things on at Forever 21 and the fitting room attendant asked if my NBF black rh city was one of their accessories. I just stared at her and shook my head NO and let her count my other things. This really upset me at first (I don't want my leather looking like fake leather due to the shine), but I realized she probably just didn't know any better.

Then... I walked out of my apartment this morning carrying my bag and there were two very well dressed people behind me and I heard one of them say "Oooh, look at that balenciaga!" and the man with her replied "wow, very nice", it made me walk a little taller as I headed out :p

I realized I really shouldn't care so much... but I think the shine is in the eye of the beholder, in a way.
You are so right girlfriend! My PS1 situation has wrecked my self confidence. Had to wear my auth Bal on Thurs just to make it thru the day.

Today I wore my T&D Officier RH Twiggy out shopping. At the Prada on Broadway (next to American Eagle) I was looking at the new hardcover Prada book.
The SA sidled up to me to tell me how beautiful my bag was, how gorgeous the color was, how cool the style is, how great it looked.

I know she is trained in auth Prada styles, not Bal

And she works on commision

But

It was a big boost to my self esteem to have someone who makes a living selling luxury leather goods compliment my T&D bag, its color & style.

AND she assumed it was an auth Bal bag, & that I had enough $$$ to afford an auth Prada wallet from the case beneath the book I was perusing, in leather that was an exact match for Officier.

Went out to dinner on a cloud

After dinner took the F train uptown. Saw a woman on th platform carrying a "Paraty". Noticed that the gold was wearing off her hardware. When the train arrived we got on the same car. Under the bright fluorescents, I noticed her "Paraty" had a Versace gold medusa!!!!! :-P

Truly a Franken-bag

My lesson?

I am sticking to T&D for a while.

They are super sweet, great service, know what they are doing, and their reps can fool SA's at Prada boutiques in NYC.

04-04-2010
scenester

Corrected color list
Just noticed I was suddenly showing up for galet - didn't put myself there lol!

GALET: Bagalicious, Pixellated, Ladyluxe, Fanbao26, Coco109, Daft, Chicadee, Arisaa, Shopholic, Cloudyblue, Marienbad, meryll, bonne, luisa, SugarBabyLove,LovedByChanel,Silvia, lovetheluxe, jaydotcee

NOIX: Crystal7, Candycandy, Arisaa, Kimkhuu X 3 (City RH, Twiggy, Part-Time GSH), coco109 [ Part Time, Day Bag], babybluestar (only if they'll do GGH), PinkPrincess113 (GGH only), pixellated (GGH only - either in midday or work), Bella08, Sucre03, littleblacksheep (RH city)

OLIVE: Blair Warner, coco109, the siren, candycandy, Alkistis, beavercall, shopgirl86, Devon, Goddesh, Daft, KitterKat, SMKelly, Arisaa, Nicky x 2 bags, Madmurderermud, mm07, pixellated, Missdaisychain, jaydotcee

SORBET: Lucy92, pixellated, Crystal7, PinkPrincess113, bby, Shoptfs, Arisaa, uberprincess, Candycandy, Eskielvr

MOUTARD: cloudyblue, goddessh,bby, ViaSarah, j0anne, jaydotcee

RH Brief: bagalicious, pixellated, Sucre03

Town: theprettycat,lucy92, berber, Shoptfs, Arisaa

04-04-2010
backstage pass

arisaa: The jumbo is gorgeous. Same question, how is the interior?

04-04-2010
trendsetter

I would be interested in ordering a velo in anthra if I knew it didn't have any blue or green undertones to it, as I already have a work like that.

04-04-2010
windowshopping

Blair Warner: Hahaha!! Love the Versace Paratay.. so confusing..

I go by that Prada store all the time (just to peek of course) and that IS a fun experience!! I'm so sorry about your ps1 medium. I hope Jacky is aware of this and is going to correct the bales.
I'm with you - I like the simplicity of T&D. I hate western union... it makes it seem like a journey to get a bag

04-04-2010
rising star

That Chanel jumbo is amazing and it's def worth the extra $$. I can't wait to see pictures of the interior and I'm really happy for you arisaa.

04-04-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisaa View Post
I just got my chanel black jumbo lambskin from catty and its the best chanel rep i've ever seen! The sides don't stick out AT ALL (no clipping for me :p) and its very structured.
Pics are mine
Woww Arisaa! That is definitely one of the best rep chanels I've ever seen. It's so fluffy looking! I think Catty got this almost spot-on. As the other girls said, I super curious about the interior!

04-04-2010
backstage pass

Okay, so like, not to sound like some kind of doofus that just fell off the turnip truck but.........
What's the difference between this LV Monogram Idylle and Mini Lin? What? Little Linda isn't French-sounding enough? Poor thing. Tossed aside because her accent is all wrong.
Seriously, what's the deal with that? Is the print a little bit bigger? I was just kinda checking out a Mini Lin Noe and/or Speedy and noticed there was no Mini Lin anymore on the LV site to compare details with, then went back to Jacky and realized it's Idylle now. It was hard to tell, but it looks as though the fabric was similar but maybe one of you more familiar with LV can set me straight. I don't really pay attention to details generally until I'm ready to fork over some cash - then I start to get all-AR about the piddly-arse stuff.
Ah! an Idylle Speedy! How picturesque! Mais oui! <--- okay pretend that's a smiley with a beret, not a chef's hat mmkay?

04-04-2010
rising star

Hi ladies!

Is T&D going to do black again? I saw a lady at sephora today who looked gorgeous with her black City and she looked fab...

04-04-2010
rising star

Yup, they're doing it next after finishing Sang

04-04-2010
rising star

Baga-am AMAZED at your collection! Looks great!

Arisaa-Your Chan*l looks fab! Is it silver hardware?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #7, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules