iOffer Bags, Lushfashions.com, etc. #7 (Posting Requires Reading Rules in Post #1) - Page 330 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-08-2010
backstage pass

Chupi, thanks for the tip. I have yet to get Leather Revive but I will now. I love how slouchy the leather on your bag has become!

Orchidian, definitely get the nude Alexa with python trim! You will not regret it.

Thanks for giving me feedback about J's pics. He's like the Soup Nazi to me ... I'm scared of irritating him with too many questions and getting banned from buying from him or something. :x

02-08-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedbean View Post
Oh my gosh, just submitted my big jackie order for this year - fingers crossed, all will arrive as described! so I got:
*The new Gucci Jackie in Light Brown (eyeing this one for about a year, but haven't heard any reviews on it here....)
*LV SC bag in Cobalt (tried the real one on in the LV boutique and it was bea-u-ti-ful - hope jackys doesn't dissapoint!)
*YSL black patent clutch (looks very cute)
*LV speedy 30 (wanted one for ages - but will be looking for tips to patina the handles very fast)
*Chanel 1112 caviar with silver hardware - this one is the wild card! Im not a huge fan of the original 2.55, coz I love the re-issue - Jacky refuses to do the patent re-issue with gold hardware - my HG bag. It looks cute though so hopefully it will work out!

I will post reviews of all the above when I receive them - hopefully I will look nice and trim in the photos from the lack of food due to bag expenditure.....
Ooh I'm going to get a Speedy too bakedbean! I got Jacky's new URL today and since I have been lusting over that bag for years and years I'm finally going to take the plunge. I'm just a little nervous about my location, I live in the Netherlands with nasty customs so I'm keeping my order small! One bag at a time. What kinds of tips for quick patina did you come across?
Great order by the way, I'm already jealous of your Chanel! I think I might need one too later this year, I'm gonna have to choose between a Chanel and a Bal.

02-08-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopholic View Post
Thank you so much mm07! The zip code T&D sent to is so far away from where I am. I told them I don't even know which post office in that zip code has my bag. Guess what they told me -- there is nothing they could do, and tell me to call the head office.

I am going to Google the post office to give it try. My past experience of calling post office is failed -- only recording. If I cannot get hold with the package, it will be returned since the package has been failed to deliver for 10 days.
Sorry to hear that and I'm shocked too. I can't believe they said there's nothing they could do?? It seems like T&D have great customer service from all the reviews I've read?? For my last order, they got the number on my street address wrong. It was strange because I was tracking the order and it was taking SO long to deliver. I ended up calling the carrier found out the address was incorrect so I had them correct it.

Good luck I hope you're able to get a hold of your bag.

Last edited by chukotka; 02-08-2010 at 07:30 PM.

02-08-2010
front row

i'm getting the PS1 from jacky but i've yet to decide on the color.
should i go for black or tan?
also, any reviews?

02-08-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevrier View Post
i'm getting the PS1 from jacky but i've yet to decide on the color.
should i go for black or tan?
also, any reviews?

jacky's black leather PS1 is a perfect match to the auth - in the medium PS1 as well as the PS1 clutch.

Just remember to get your screws tightened & secured by a cobbler before you use it....

I am curious about his tan/nude PS1....

T&D sent my Vert d'Eau RH City, (I guess from 2nd batch)....the leather was so nice on my RH Ver d'Eau First, thinking of getting a RH Day.....

02-08-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Warner View Post
jacky's black leather PS1 is a perfect match to the auth - in the medium PS1 as well as the PS1 clutch.

Just remember to get your screws tightened & secured by a cobbler before you use it....

I am curious about his tan/nude PS1....

T&D sent my Vert d'Eau RH City, (I guess from 2nd batch)....the leather was so nice on my RH Ver d'Eau First, thinking of getting a RH Day.....
oh alright! thanks a lot i'm def. getting it now.

02-08-2010
rising star

It might help if you can request for some extra screws, in case they pop off. Jacky is pretty understanding on this matter.

I am curious about his tan PS1 too. I'm confident in his black (I had a girl at work who came over and told me she has the same bag) and his khaki looks good according to pics posted here and on the other forum which has pics of the authentic.

Last edited by bisoubis; 02-08-2010 at 09:28 PM.

03-08-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by xooey View Post
Chupi, thanks for the tip. I have yet to get Leather Revive but I will now. I love how slouchy the leather on your bag has become!

Thanks for giving me feedback about J's pics. He's like the Soup Nazi to me ... I'm scared of irritating him with too many questions and getting banned from buying from him or something. :x
Welcome! Candy found it, and it really is great. Shame it's a bit stinky! Totally agreed about J=Soup Nazi :p

Fevrier: I had J's khaki PS1 and it's gorgeous, I've just sold mine because my Alexa owns my heart but it's a brilliant bag

By the way folks, T&D just told me that Galet is very nearly sold out, they only have a couple of bags left

03-08-2010
scenester

hello, i vaguely remember someone asking about the hardware on catty's chanel 1112s, and what i've found out from her is that the gold hardware has the gold square marking on the CC, but the silver one doesn't!

hope that helps!

i'm still waiting for my VD work GGH btw, it's taking AGES!!

03-08-2010
scenester

I've been so lazy! I confess! I've made an order with Jacky, Joy (2 orders) and Phillip and not posted in here yet.

I got the following from each seller:

Joy:

LV mono speedy 30
LV damier ebene speedy 30

LV MC white eugenie wallet (beautiful!) with pink leather inside
4 bag charms

Jacky:

Chanel Jumbo XL in black
Chanel Maxi 2010 flap in beige
LV Monogram idylle speedy in Encre
Gucci monogram hobo
Bag Charm

Phillip:

LV damier azur galleria PM
Mulberry Mitzy hobo in oak (large size)
Gucci heritage web boston bag
Bianca CL's in black lambskin
Chanel stud earrings

Also a new seller named "sweety" - I ordered a bag I've wanted for years - a chanel rue cambon multi pocket in black. It has a few flaws, but is not bad considering....I have pics of that too,
I'll try to post some pics in the pictures only thread later today....

Last edited by MissLondon; 03-08-2010 at 05:27 AM.

03-08-2010
scenester

I finally got the tracking for my Galet RH City, yay! It's also inbound into customs right now. I will take photos of it when I receive it, I'm so excited! Jacky said he will be shipping my replacement Alexa today, too.

Also, J said he will be making the mini Resort 2011 PS1's in Black, Green, and Orange. He wanted me to ask what the you girls were most interested in. (For me, it is the Khaki! I'm so sad he didn't mention it.) I think if certain colors are more popular, he will make those... I do love the croc embossed one, but I don't know if that is possible to replicate - and if it is, I would expect it to be difficult?

Here are some photos below:
(Photos from openingceremony.us & bagcraze.blogspot.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ps1.jpg (74.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg minips1black.jpg (44.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg minips1croc.jpg (69.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg minips1model.jpg (65.2 KB, 5 views)

03-08-2010
fashion insider

misslondon great haul!!!! off to check out the pics now, how is the idylle? which is your favorite?! who would you order from again?

diorkiss i think it was lovedbychanel who sped up the patina with baby oil. i honestly like it without the patina.. just let it happen naturally or say your speedy is brand new!

03-08-2010
front row

T&D still haven't got quite enough people for Turquoise, but look at how beautiful it could be:

*Wants*

Image from RealDealCollection and tpf

03-08-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupi View Post
Thanks Chicadee

I leather revived her once, and my god the smell was yuck but I aired it out for about a week (weirdly enough the smell has lingered differently on all my different bags, the Alexa repelled it super quick compared to others) and have only used my alexa for maybe 10 days altogether but it's broken in beautifully kudos Jacky!

Chupi:
Can Leather Revive be purchased locally? I found them through amazon. But I am too excited to use this on my stiff Alexa to wait for the shipping.
TIA

03-08-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelovemode View Post
^LOL yes i thought about it too!

btw, anybody bought Oak Alexa from Jacky recently? My regular Alexa just arrived, and the leather is nothing like my other Mulberry Oak from him. The Alexa's leather is thin and unnaturally shiny, like PU!
i even tried the "burn test" LOL *yes, it is actually real leather*.
I wonder what happened, since i saw pics of Alexa from TFSers circa February 2010 and it looked soft and grainy. Oh well, inconsistency is one thing we have to deal with reps
i wonder if Jacky accept returns?

pic credit: my own
pic 01: clockwise: bayswater, alexa, clipper, mabel hobo - all from Jacky
pic 02-04: Alexa leather
pic 05: Mabel hobo leather, my HG Jacky's Mulberry
Lovelovemode: Do you have any pics of your Oak Alexa after Leather Revive. I have a similar problem as yours, the leather of the flap is nice but the leather on the body of the bag is stiff, wrinkly, dry and it looks like it was painted on instead of dyed. I used apple care and apple guard, it helped somewhat, not very much to make the leather slouchy and soft. I am intrigued by the Leather Revive product. Do you buy this online?
Thanks in advance

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #7, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules