How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-04-2010
backstage pass

^^^ sanitizedfashion - No you're not alone. I feel the same.
LovedByChanel: Just curious, what is it that makes you feel David/e2pop has better Vuitton? As far as monogram bags go, I think you said you felt his were superior. How is his vachetta? Does anyone else think that sometimes the rep LV bags have a vachetta that seems to turn more orange-y rather than yellow-y? Maybe it's just me but you can always tell rep vs. real by the colour of the vachetta. The auths seem to go that "honey" colour and the reps don't. Again, maybe it's just me. However, I must say that my Noe's trim is looking fantastic. Could be that I've used the Neatsfoot Oil to speed the process instead of mineral oil.......but it looks to be a closer shade to what I feel the auth should look like. (and I DO love my LV monogram)

Okay, and for anyone that cares (it's okay if you don't) I ended up getting the MJ Stam in Black in exchange for my beloved Dior Canange Drawstring that never materialized. Hopefully it will be here before my birthday - IN SEPTEMBER!

Help me rationalize this.......
I was thinking of getting an auth LV Speedy 30 at some point this summer. But! I was just compiling my rep wish list and for a couple of bags, some shoes and a few accessories like scarves and stuff, I'm looking at spending somewhere around $500. That would leave me over $250 to put toward something like, oh, let's say, airfare to Palm Springs. ('cause the Speedy is $750 w/taxes or something)
Part of me wants that auth bag, the other part of me thinks I would be stupid/foolish to splurge on a coated canvas bag when I could get so much more bang for my buck with reps.
I mean, seriously! Credit crunch peoples! Hello? recession anyone?

Last edited by shelleybean; 01-04-2010 at 12:25 AM.

01-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidian View Post
Do tell!! What's the flaw you noticed?

Check the metal D ring connecting the shoulder strap on J's med PS1 bag with the auth. J must have assumed it's same with the XL one, but it's not..
here's screen shot of auth from barneys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2010-04-01 at 1.23.01 PM.jpg (37.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by cloudyblue; 01-04-2010 at 12:31 AM.

01-04-2010
fashion insider

the question isnt for me, but also as abuyer who bought from most sellers, including e2pop, i will say it's hit or miss. like my rep stephen, i bought from him, the outside canvas was a little off from my auth stephen. 8/10 LV from jacky were spot on... since e2pop charges much higher price, i only go to him when i cant find what i want from other sellers

01-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair View Post
cloudyblue...the one jacky has is mustard and the other one (the neon) is chartreuse...
oh, I thought mustard is the name for the suede one

01-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_yorkie View Post
the question isnt for me, but also as abuyer who bought from most sellers, including e2pop, i will say it's hit or miss. like my rep stephen, i bought from him, the outside canvas was a little off from my auth stephen. 8/10 LV from jacky were spot on... since e2pop charges much higher price, i only go to him when i cant find what i want from other sellers
No, it's cool. I was thinking about you too when I was writing that because I remember you got your Stephen from him. It's just good to get some feedback on the various sellers re: LV Mono from different people. I know this thread can be super bbag-focused but I know there are a couple of us that love their mono (like you, me, chelsea2901 to name a few.......) Getting honest feedback (even if it's personal opinion) helps us all to get/wear the best reps possible.
Does anyone else cringe at the thought that someone (perhaps that you admire) might think/know your bag is fake? That's like death to me. (insert shivering smiley here) That just might be more embarrassing than.....toilet paper on your shoe!

Last edited by shelleybean; 01-04-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: typo-a-go-go

01-04-2010
backstage pass

anyone asked catty for nude Alexa? wanna see close up pictures of the bag that's listed for $210 she has been a bit slow when i asked detailed pics lately..

01-04-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleybean View Post
That just might be more embarrassing than.....toilet paper on your shoe!
or skirt stuck in undies?
sure, that's why i do a lot of homework before buying ANY rep!!!! i even stop buying some certain brands because "some" nosey friends really into those...not that they have the real one, but they just nosey some people just cant mind their own business.

about ur situation: give it a try and buy a rep speedy first. it's quite cheap, even for the best one out there, under 100 shipped. see if u can live with it and happy. they are not 100% identical, so it depends on how perfect you prefer. like me, 90% is enough, and inside flaw, not outside- you might or might not be happy with what most people are. KWIM?

01-04-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyblue View Post
Check the metal D ring connecting the shoulder strap on J's med PS1 bag with the auth. J must have assumed it's same with the XL one, but it's not..
here's screen shot of auth from barneys.
that hardware might just be different for the mustard. the pale blue and natural medium have the same D ring as the XL on Barney's.

01-04-2010
front row

Quote:
Help me rationalize this.......
I was thinking of getting an auth LV Speedy 30 at some point this summer. But! I was just compiling my rep wish list and for a couple of bags, some shoes and a few accessories like scarves and stuff, I'm looking at spending somewhere around $500. That would leave me over $250 to put toward something like, oh, let's say, airfare to Palm Springs. ('cause the Speedy is $750 w/taxes or something)
Part of me wants that auth bag, the other part of me thinks I would be stupid/foolish to splurge on a coated canvas bag when I could get so much more bang for my buck with reps.
I mean, seriously! Credit crunch peoples! Hello? recession anyone?
Well, I've never owned any LV (real or faux). So, I can't distinguish between the two. But as I've told BY, I have been bitten by the LV bug as of late! However, I've always been skeptical of LV prices especially considering that they have whole lines of bags that aren't entirely leather. I think a rep is more advisable ATM, because the majority of the msrp of a speedy is set aside for other things like shoes and accessories in your case. IMHO, a rep is more economical but that could just be my bias. Also, why have less when you could have more ?

cloudyblue, imho I don't feel that the "flaw" is of any concern. Do you? Or kimair, you own an auth medium, correct? Do you?

Quote:
Does anyone else cringe at the thought that someone (perhaps that you admire) might think/know your bag is fake? That's like death to me. (insert shivering smiley here) That just might be more embarrassing than.....toilet paper on your shoe!
That was my fear in the very beginning when I joined this thread, if any of you remember . And now that I'm jonesing for some LV, the fear is heightened .

01-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicadee View Post
that hardware might just be different for the mustard. the pale blue and natural medium have the same D ring as the XL on Barney's.

huh? you must have misunderstood the D ring part.. i checked Barney's and they're different..the XL Choco one rite? i dunno how to explain this part. it's the ring that's attached to the bag, on the sides where 4 flat studs are, and where you hook the hw for strap..

Last edited by cloudyblue; 01-04-2010 at 01:07 AM.

01-04-2010
front row

LovedByChanel: Just curious, what is it that makes you feel David/e2pop has better Vuitton? As far as monogram bags go, I think you said you felt his were superior. How is his vachetta? Does anyone else think that sometimes the rep LV bags have a vachetta that seems to turn more orange-y rather than yellow-y? Maybe it's just me but you can always tell rep vs. real by the colour of the vachetta. The auths seem to go that "honey" colour and the reps don't. Again, maybe it's just me. However, I must say that my Noe's trim is looking fantastic. Could be that I've used the Neatsfoot Oil to speed the process instead of mineral oil.......but it looks to be a closer shade to what I feel the auth should look like. (and I DO love my LV monogram)

Thats JMO but I really like his quality!!! All of the bags I got from him the canvas is perfect && the vachetta is very nice also and i cant find anything major wrong with his bags... Im sorry to hear bby that the canvas on your bag was off when did you get it.. The vachetta on the noe is the same as on my galliera so I cant wait until it turms a little more.. Its been oiled up a couple times && tanned since getting it..

I bought a speedy 30 from his wife she has a store on ioff also && her speedy was tdf almost perfect but the canvas was off so I did not keep it.. I match all the canavs on my rep bags to my real keepall 55 && alma && speedy 40 that I own and some of my moms real lv bags and the canvas is the same..

Shelly- If your on a budget you should look on craigslsit for speedys.. People sell them for cheap like 300 for a 30.. Just check date codes and you will be fine..

All pictures are mine..

Here are pictures the of the rep

Here are picture of the my real Speedy 40 && alma- To me they dont really look any different from my rep Lv bags above but the canvas on the speedy 30 posted above was great && right on except for the canvas && I just couldnt stand it.

Last edited by LovedByChanel; 01-04-2010 at 01:23 AM.

01-04-2010
backstage pass

I knew I could count on you ladies to set me straight! I think I just needed to hear it from someone else.
It's funny, there is a part of me that feels when you carry your auth, you just walk a little taller, hold your head just a little higher, KWIM? Even though I carry all my reps with confidence as though they are real, I still seem to have just a little bit more oomph! when I'm carrying an auth something.
I actually have a Speedy 30 from Jacky and I love it. IMHO it's as close to the real deal as possible. (it's pretty hard to screw up something that simple) I just thought since I would get a lot of use out of it, it might be wise to purchase the auth. I see my flawed ways now......I've seen the light!
Thanks KatInBoots, baby_yorkie, sanitizedfashion (do I remember when you were all like, "oooh reps, I'm skeptical!" Um, like.... yeah)

EDIT: oooh oooh oooh, just saw the pics! LOVE the mono Alma. (the personalized tag is awesome!) Do you find it to be a practical bag? Like is it as roomy inside as the Speedy 30 and do you find the access difficult at all, or does it open nicely without everything being exposed? It's on my list, but not up at the top - though now that's changing.........

Last edited by shelleybean; 01-04-2010 at 01:22 AM.

01-04-2010
backstage pass

sanitized: some people are, some people aren't. and i did say it's small flaw, and i'm sure J could fix it if he wants. just like the square bales on t&d's older bags, i think some people were concerned. You were concerned with J's Chanels, while me just so-so (well maybe not really coz i bought lots), i guess everyone's expectation is different on each bag.

Last edited by cloudyblue; 01-04-2010 at 01:25 AM.

01-04-2010
front row

I agree Cloudyblue Yea it just depends on the person && how much they care about how close it is to the real deal.
Shelly The alma is a great bag its just as roomy as the speedy the only thing that bothers me is the vachetta on the bottom you have to be extra careful. Its a classic bag so you cant go wrong. Its easy to open becase of the two zipper pulls you can zip both up to the middle to get into it faster than having it zipped around to one side.. I think you will like it.. Both the speedy && the alma are very nice bags to own.. What i love about the speedy is that you can just toss it around and not worry about much Im kinda rough on my Lv bags because there canvas

BabyYorkie- Thank you

Last edited by LovedByChanel; 01-04-2010 at 01:35 AM.

01-04-2010
front row

shelleybean, when I first bought my first rep (AWang Coco), weeks after joining here I was all self-conscious, but then realized that no one even has bag-knowledge like that here where I live. Very few even recognize CHANEL it seems !

LovedbyChanel's patina on the NF is nice and "yellow-y", right shelley? Also, you think the oil you use makes a difference in the vechetta tone? Sun-light tanning doesn't work? This is all being inventoried for when I finally work up the courage to get a monogrammed LV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyblue View Post
sanitized: some people are, some people aren't. and i did say it's small flaw, and i'm sure J could fix it if he wants. just like the square bales on t&d's older bags, i think some people were concerned. You were concerned with J's Chanels, while me just so-so (well maybe not really coz i bought lots), i guess everyone's expectation is different on each bag.
I know what you mean! I'll probably be getting a medium PS1 from J still. I'm completely loosening up on what I find acceptable in reps, well, sort of .

Last edited by sanitizedfashion; 01-04-2010 at 01:40 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #7, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules