How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-04-2010
front row

lovedbychanel - what a great LV mono collection

sanitized - i personally am not too bothered by that on the ps1. i like the ps1 medium so much that i'm going to order other colors!!

shelleybean - congrats on your MJ stam! how do you like it? is it a heavy bag? it's such a classic bag.

so do LV reps vachetta really patina differently than auth? i just recall baby_yorkie's beautiful stephen and thought the patina looked really good!!

01-04-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitizedfashion View Post
shelleybean, when I first bought my first rep (AWang Coco), weeks after joining here I was all self-conscious, but then realized that no one even has bag-knowledge like that here where I live. Very few even recognize CHANEL it seems !

LovedbyChanel's patina on the NF is nice and "yellow-y", right shelley? Also, you think the oil you use makes a difference in the vechetta tone? Sun-light tanning doesn't work? This is all being inventoried for when I finally work up the courage to get a monogrammed LV.

I know what you mean! I'll probably be getting a medium PS1 from J still. I'm completely loosening up on what I find acceptable in reps, well, sort of .
sanitizedfashion Thank you The neverfull vachetta is darker now it looks closer to the vachetta on the alma.. I use only olive oil && I hear grape seed oil is good also.. On my neverfull I wanted it to darken fast so I oiled it like twice a week and put it in the sun. On the galliera you can see the trim thats under my arm has truned compared to the trim thats peeking out of the inside of the bag if you look close. I dont want this bag to turn fast so I just put two coats of olive oil with cotton balls and let her tan for two hours on each side but I wont do anything else.. I dont know if it matters much about what type of oil. I think it just depends on how often you oil the more often of course the darker.. You could always get a bag that has vachetta inside the bag say if you like the speedy you can do a test oiling on the inside of the bag where the flap/ pocket is just to practice before really putting alot of oil on the outside vachetta..

Chicadee Thank you Yes some reps vachetta when they start to turn the color looks idk kinda off..

Baby Yorkie I think your stephan looks very nice but I know we all have different expectations..

ShellyBean Congrats on your Stam I know you been wanting that bag for a while

Crystal Well I hope both of your bags come together heheheehe to me thats always the best.. I cant wait to see your buysell bag I know it will be great && just want you want..

Last edited by LovedByChanel; 01-04-2010 at 02:01 AM.

01-04-2010
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitizedfashion View Post

cloudyblue, imho I don't feel that the "flaw" is of any concern. Do you? Or kimair, you own an auth medium, correct? Do you?
my chartreuse medium ps1 has the same d ring as the pic cloudyblue posted from barneys.com...
that's the ring that all mediums have...the XL ring is larger to accomodate the two straps...

the wrong d ring, from jacky

it would be of concern to me, as i have an authentic and j's bag wouldn't match, but i think it depends on your personal preference...
in the case of the bales on a city, you could always detach the strap from the bag, but here you can't...
imo it's a big flaw for something that should not have been a flaw...all you have to do is check the pics of an authentic to see what the rings should look like...

01-04-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair View Post
my chartreuse medium ps1 has the same d ring as the pic cloudyblue posted from barneys.com...
that's the ring that all mediums have...the XL ring is larger to accomodate the two straps...

it would be of concern to me, as i have an authentic and j's bag wouldn't match, but i think it depends on your personal preference...
in the case of the bales on a city, you could always detach the strap from the bag, but here you can't...
imo it's a big flaw for something that should not have been a flaw...all you have to do is check the pics of an authentic to see what the rings should look like...
I see . I wonder if Jacky will change it after enough people complain. No J PS1 for you till Jacky fixes it? Thanks kimair and cloudyblue for bringing this "flaw" to the frontline . If he makes it in a more vibrant color, I'll probably nab one regardless of D-ring though .

01-04-2010
front row

Thanks cloudyblue and kimair i thought i found another hardware flaw but it's actually just how it's pictured and not a flaw . btw - jacky says he will correct it

01-04-2010
backstage pass

chicadee: Yay! I hope he corrects it soon Thanks for letting us know. Did he say what other colors he will be making?

01-04-2010
front row

jacky says it will be corrected before being shipped out. in medium, only black, yellow and khaki will be made

01-04-2010
backstage pass

chicadee: Thanks! I was hoping for blue or purple ):

01-04-2010
fashion elite

Shelleybean and Missann- I mean't i was done BUYING B bags unless I saw a color that I couldn't live without...But i can still do some swapping/trading... My husband agree's with you tho he thinks I have enough as well. He knows all the colors and styles..he even calls me in the day and reports that he just saw a "Black GGH city"
Crystal- YAY!!!! soon you will have your 2 new bags..can't wait to see and hear how you feel about pommier
Were we the only 2 members who bought from buyandsell? I know Smkelly wanted a mandarin, but they were not available anymore
Lovedbychanel and Baby Yorkie and Shelleybean and Sanitized...When i read your LV info it's like reading a foreign language to me...but I'm learing slowly
Blairwarner- Honestly the city is to small for me on a regular basis Naomi will only come out on a light day..but I had to have a black rh city.

Last edited by bagalicious; 01-04-2010 at 07:07 AM.

01-04-2010
fashion elite

Yay for Spring! My new Nigel Preston "like butter" suede jacket and my new to me sandstone GGH WK...Pic by me
First time out and worn by me
Clip in extensions...my new obsession. my hair is finally long enough for me to wear them without anyone knowing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1290.JPG (70.9 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by bagalicious; 01-04-2010 at 10:05 AM.

01-04-2010
scenester

cocoCongrats on your velo!
arisaathis truffle looks so deep,like chocolate have you conditioned
it?I have a truffle city but it doesn't look so gorgeous!
mentorGreat outfit.Love the shoes

01-04-2010
backstage pass

hi Alkistis! nice to see you back

bagalicious your outfit is perfect! so did spring came in NYC??

01-04-2010
fashion elite

Hi protoge.. Thanks...Yes Candy Spring is finally here in NYC (fingers x'd) weather is looking more spring like now for the future.
Pic by me of sandstone outside in spring like weather...I can only say if you haven't attempted to enhance the GGH..you should really think about it, it makes SUCH a difference to the bag in my opinion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1296.JPG (203.7 KB, 23 views)

01-04-2010
backstage pass

GALET:Bagalicious, Pixellated, Ladyluxe, Fanbao26, Coco109, Daft, Chicadee, Arisaa, Shopholic, Cloudyblue, Marienbad, meryll, bonne, luisa, SugarBabyLove,LovedByChanel,Silvia

NOIX: Crystal7, Candycandy, Arisaa, Kimkhuu X 3 (City RH, Twiggy, Part-Time GSH), coco109 [ Part Time, Day Bag], babybluestar (only if they'll do GGH), PinkPrincess113 (GGH only), pixellated (GGH only - either in midday or work), Bella08, Sucre03, littleblacksheep (RH city)

OLIVE: #1 Blair Warner, #2 coco109, #3 the siren, #4 candycandy, #5 Alkistis, #6 beavercall, #7 shopgirl86, #8 Devon, #9 Goddesh, #10 Daft, #11 KitterKat, #12 SMKelly, #13 Arisaa, #15 Nicky x 2 bags, #16 Madmurderermud, #17 mm07, #18 pixellated #19 Missdaisychain

SORBET: Lucy92, pixellated, Crystal7, PinkPrincess113,bby,Shoptfs

MOUTARD: cloudyblue, goddessh,bby

Pom Pon: baglicious, shoptfs, ViaSarah, pixellated, j0anne, luisa, candy, cloudyblue not possible

RH Brief: bagalicious, pixellated, Sucre03

Town: theprettycat,lucy92, berber

Just adding my name to the Noix list!

01-04-2010
scenester

Bagalicous, Fab as always. Love your hair

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, #7, bags, ioffer, lushfashionscom, post, posting, reading, requires, rules