How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-12-2003
rising star

How much do Birkin bags cost exactly?

18-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*BabyPhat Princess*~@Dec 19th, 2003 - 1:01 am
How much do Birkin bags cost exactly?
over here they cost 4270 EUROS

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

18-12-2003
scenester

leyla, thanks to a really cool dad, i am currently one the waiting list for a birkin-- 11 months was what i was told - in the mean time i want to buy a replica, you mentioned that you had seen better ones than shown on that site any suggestions on a website with nice looking replicas.

19-12-2003
backstage pass

Yes Leyla, please share with us! I'm still on my mission for a nice replica too

20-12-2003
windowshopping

Hi, I have purchased these birkin replicas and up for sale too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frel.jpg (22.6 KB, 709 views)

20-12-2003
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Dec 18th, 2003 - 5:46 pm
even though i agree it is a hell of a lot of money. .. i love bags and i didnt buy mine to impress others but because i know how this bag has been made and the history of it. i enjoy and appreciate that when i carry it. thats the reason i wouldnt be feeling comfortable carrying a replica. my point being: if its only for the shape i would want the bag, i rather carry a no name.
SO AGREE!
exactly what I wanna say.

21-12-2003
scenester

i dont know...i am just not into the birkin. it's such and ugly little bag to me. i much prefer MJ's stella or sophia bags.

21-12-2003
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by fashionrage@Dec 21st, 2003 - 5:09 am
i dont know...i am just not into the birkin. it's such and ugly little bag to me. i much prefer MJ's stella or sophia bags.
oh well, different stories

21-12-2003
backstage pass

To each their own. Everyone has their own style and tastes.

22-12-2003
rising star

how would you know whether it's a replica or the real one?
my friend told me that the way the real ones stand is different.

anyone knows?

22-12-2003
V.I.P.

they copy them quite well these days..
you can check out the "BIRKIN BY HERMES" topic to find out more

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

29-12-2003
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by PinUpGirl@Dec 19th, 2003 - 4:52 am
Yes Leyla, please share with us! I'm still on my mission for a nice replica too
I have a great black Birkin replica. I never used it so I am going to sell it. If anyone is interested. Let me know. I also have a authentic black LV pochette in the sold out multicolor rainbow. It comes with receipt, box, etc. Fendibender

22-02-2004
front row

iOffer Bags, LushFashions.com, etc.
has anyone ever bought anything from lushfashions.com?
Am contemplating it, but wondering about the quality...
any input appreciated xox

23-02-2004
stories everywhere

i bought the lush luella just to see what it was like. its decent quality for a pleather bag. good for the budgeted consumer.

27-02-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by clickmekate@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 6:27 pm
has anyone ever bought anything from lushfashions.com?
Am contemplating it, but wondering about the quality...
any input appreciated xox
I just ordered one of the Le Dix bags and one of the Gisele bags - should be here early next week. I'll let you know when I get them what I think.

As far as customer service goes, she gets an A++++++

if you check ebay (search "lush") - the seller is also the owner of the site - she stayed online w/me while I debated which color to get & was extremely helpful. you might even be able to get one of the bags for a lower price than at the website!!

I know it will start a "debate" - but I saw the gisele bag downtown last week - the small was $690 (US) and the large $$890 - while it's nice bag, and I do LOVE the pink lining and heart shaped hardware, I don't think it's anything extraordinary -

I don't believe it's the next Birkin (altho the design is really the same - if you want to talk copies, and knock-offs, do you REALLY believe the Gisele is an "original" design????)

My opinion is, if you like the look and design of the bag, then you should have it - if it means spending $100 on a "knock-off" (and I DON"T mean true counterfeit bags, which carry the company's name and logo that it is SUPPOSED to be!), then you should have it.

I do like the blue jean birkin, but I live in the "real world" where I am NOT going to spend $5000+ for a handbag!!!! I don't care HOW long it will last. I can buy a used car for less than that!!! But if I found a nice looking, well made "knock-off" bag (one W/O any designer's name on it), and the price was reasonable, I would probably buy it.

I like the Gisele - I almost spent $700+ on the smaller one - but I found the SAME color, and the SAME design at Lush - the only thing missing is the pink lining, and the heart shaped hardware - it was within my price range, so I got it.

Same w/the Le Dix bag - I like the look of the tassles and the braided handle w/detachable shoulder strap - Lush's bag is an almost EXACT look-a-like - and the colors are GORGEOUS!! So I got a lilac one - saved myself almost $1000, which I can use to feed and clothe my kids - pay the bills - or even take a weekend getaway (and I'll have a great looking bag to take along!!)

So what - yes, the Designer's spent hours designing and making the bags - and they are well rewarded with plenty of buyers and unsolicited publicity (how many time have you seen Demi or Gwyneth photographed w/Le Dix bags??) - but not everyone can afford $1000+ for a handbag!!! So those of us who don't make millions (or even hundreds of thousands), can still have the look - yes the quality will not be the same, and yes, it won't carry the "prestige" of a designer name - but at least we can carry a bag that we like to look at - I hate when I hear people say "If you can't afford the real thing, then you have no business buying one" - just because we "little folks" can't afford to drop $1000 - $5000 for a handbag, does that really make us less deserving of owning a bag whose colr, shape and style we like???

And again - I am talking about LOOK-A-LIKES - not COUNTERFEIT bags, which use the name and logos of the designer they are copying.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, bags, december, february, ioffer, lushfashionscom