How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-02-2005
V.I.P.

Here's pics from that same person's offers on ebay:

All pics from Ebay.com

19-02-2005
offline.

eesh.. i like that turq. bag.. but the rivets are all wrong.

19-02-2005
rising star

Ummm I dont think ill be buying them I guess il have to continue saving! Thanks for the info Kimkhuu and Kirv!

Are the Lush ones any good?
Im not good with waiting!

19-02-2005
windowshopping

I'm not sure about Lush but there is another seller on ioffer that does have some really nice exact replica bags that are 100% genuine leather. He has great feedback with people saying that the bags are fabulous and the leather is very soft. His ioffer seller ID is Luxurydesigner. You would probably be satified with one of these if you can't wait to get the real thing. I think he is getting pretty limited on the colors though. I ordered one today for $90 + $20 shipping....not a bad price! Right now I don't have $1000 to spend on the real thing so I have to opt for a replica.

20-02-2005
rising star

I ordered the le dix bag from Lush this past December. I got the seafoam medium one, and the quality is very good! It's soft, real leather. I carry it everyday and it seems to look better as it ages. Of course, it's not the same as the real Balenciaga. The most obvious difference to me is that the rope strung around the handles are made of cotton, not leather. But I'm just a poor college student and this is all I can afford.

Plus, I like carrying a bag on campus (I go to UCD) that NO ONE else has! I get compliments on it all the time and I was sort of shocked that no one knew what bag this is...until I get into SF, that is. The first day of winter vacation, I carried this bag into Macys to look at COH jeans and the saleswoman told me she loved my bag... :p

Anyway, I hope this info is helpful! If you love the look of the Balenciaga bag but can't afford it, this is a great alternative. And it's not a fake, but a legal and verified imitation, so you know what you're getting.

Last edited by aerin; 20-02-2005 at 06:50 PM.

21-02-2005
rising star

Thanks for the info aerin, im really looking into buying a bag from lush. im currently saving for the balenciaga one but because im a uni student, i dont have that much money to spend on a £700 bag at the mo!
I just wanna ask a couple of questions if thats ok..
how big is the medium 1? could i fit some book in there? and how long did it take for yours to come? and also was the seafoarm kinda like ashleys? cos i REALLY loved hers!!!!
and one last question...does it have a shoulder strap as well as the other two?

21-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
Here's pics from that same person's offers on ebay:

All pics from Ebay.com
sorry, but to me those look really crappy

21-02-2005
blue

^ yeah those bags look pretty fake... im sure you can find better fakes from ioffer/ebay..

dimensions are off... they are using flat studs...?@?@?
handles are way too thin...
metallic bags are supposed to have same colored metallic studs..
leather is not distressed enough...

the small classique in black looks alright...

21-02-2005
rising star

i just saw some superfakes in koreatown today. I had been contemplating buying a fake balenciaga on ioffer, but i wanted to see what a fake looked like first. I took my real white city classique and compared it to some bags today, and I must say that fake bags can be pretty remarkable. I'm planning on getting a bag on ioffer...i'll let you guys know what the quality is like!

21-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunhe7
I'm planning on getting a bag on ioffer...i'll let you guys know what the quality is like!
please do

22-02-2005
101st monkey airborne

I got the Lush Le Dix Balenciaga-style (small, black) from an eBay seller. First off, the tassels are crap, they're very plasticky and curlicued; I went to a local leather goods shop in the SOMA distict of San Francisco for replacements. Now I can restrain someone with the tassels on my fake bag. As for the "genuine leather", the grain appears to either be pigskin or human skin--really, it's cross-hatched with hair follicles like the skin on one's forearm, so "buttery soft", yeah. If it's actually leather, it's only top-grain glued onto a fabric backing. It did soften up with some neatsfoot oil, though, so I don't think it's vinyl. Cuir de dissident de pro-démocratique, perhaps. Regarding the "sturdy hardware": two of the small rivets popped off within the first week and I had to epoxy the handles back on. Plus, I'd paid for the medium and received the small, and the seller never returned my emails nor refunded the difference. But, dammit, it's still a cute bag, even if it's made by slave labor from the hide of a political prisoner in Guangzhou Province. I wear it proudly.

22-02-2005
windowshopping

mellowdrama, are you able to take any pictures of your bag? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what ebay user do you get your bag from?

Also, has anyone seen the metallic pink that Lush makes? I've only seen the very small pictures that eBay has, but I find it difficult to see its true colour.

I just checked out ioffer's Luxurydesigner, and have to agree that his/her bags look nice and seem to be selling for a good price. But has anyone actually received their bags from that seller? I know they have good feedback so the bags must be okay. I think I would rather order from Luxurydesigner than Lush because of the limited colours that Lush has.

22-02-2005
windowshopping

I will be getting my bag from Luxurydesigner this week. Will post pictures when it arrives.

22-02-2005
V.I.P.

^ Please do!!!!!

22-02-2005
101st monkey airborne

Dreamcatching, I don't have a camera of any sort, but if you look at sellers of "Lush Balenciaga" on eBay, the photographs are very true to life. It's a nice bag for the price, I think. I'm just being facetious regarding the "leather". The leather on the zippered facing front is much more distressed and "balenciaga-ish" than that of the back. It really looks like someone's skin on the back of the bag! It's textured just like human skin. The buckles aren't quite right, and the studs are a little too pointy, plus the top-zipper is all wrong--if you're really concerned about prying eyes on mass transit knowing that you're carrying a copy of a bag. I think it's more ridiculous to see someone with an actual $1000 bag taking the bus. I could take a nice vacation for $1000! I carry it happily because it's not such an oversaturated handbag here in San Francisco. We're not too fashion-snobby here.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, bags, december, february, ioffer, lushfashionscom