How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by diormouse
Thanks to Luna, tlloveshim, and Cherry.
...So, because I have an unusually full bank account and absolutely no self-control, I am going to get them both.
Yeah, yeah, yeah!! How exciting for you! Well, of course, post pics when you get them!! I totally understand the "no self-control" part! LOL!

30-04-2006
front row

And to Lonnke, I'm quite sure that the Fendi bag came in regular white leather with a patent buckle, but I don't think it's out in white and black patent. The shape of the buckle on that one looks a little strange to me too; I believe (although I have only seen the authentic one in person once) that it is curvier, like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fendi b.jpg (29.7 KB, 7 views)

30-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by diormouse
And to Lonnke, I'm quite sure that the Fendi bag came in regular white leather with a patent buckle, but I don't think it's out in white and black patent. The shape of the buckle on that one looks a little strange to me too; I believe (although I have only seen the authentic one in person once) that it is curvier, like this:
Diormouse, thank you so much!!!! When I talked to the Fendi SA last week, she was incredibly rude to me and retorted, "this bag only comes in white linen, not white leather" and was surprisingly snide!

I asked if I could hold that bag, and she most STINGILY and begrudgingly took it off the mannequin and let me see it. There was a male SA working at the same time, and because he started hitting on me, I directed all my questions hence toward him

When you say you believe the authentic one's buckle is more curvy, what exactly do you mean? I looked at your attachment and my pic and I have a hard time trying to figure out the difference.

PS. According to your username, i guess you like Dior. What do you think of the white Dior gaucho bag? I'd just like your 2 cents.

30-04-2006
backstage pass

Info for Eimyria
Hi there!

Sorry to hear about your handle edges.

FYI, this has happened to me on authentic purses, and it is just as the other posters described. I end up peeling the plastic off, then using either a black Sharpie or black/brown/cordovan shoe polish to finish the raw edges.

Works like a charm!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shelley

01-05-2006
front row

lonneke- here is a picture of the bag you are talking about from styledrops.com .

just to give you a better idea about the curve.

01-05-2006
front row

Diormouse: The stam! It's just soo cute.

01-05-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoGirl
lonneke- here is a picture of the bag you are talking about from styledrops.com .

just to give you a better idea about the curve.
Thank you! I see, now! The sides of the black thick black trim on the authentic dent inward in the middle, while the picture I originally posted goes straight down, in almost a ruler-straight fashion. I like both, but I like the sleekness of the authentic.

Regarding the linen, although I liked the white linen, I was interested in the white leather because I thought it would be easier to maintain. Leather cleaner would easily remove stains and dirt, etc.

But what of linen/canvas? Wouldn't it be harder to maintain? Or is it actually easier?

Thanks again girls!!!

Last edited by kimair; 01-05-2006 at 10:33 AM.

01-05-2006
rising star

diormouse - stam got my vote

01-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vans
Well said Pazza!! I can't give you any karma...I. have to spread the rep. I have never had problems with T&D's customer service or customs. I am expecting a bag next week, and I am not worried about customs. I trust T&D will resolve issues if they arise. I highly doubt my bag will get seized.
Just adding my voice to those who haven't had any problems with T&D. Their bags are really gorgeous leather and they always seem to rectify any problems that buyers have had. I can't speak more highly of any sellers. I have bought bags for many friends and they have all been Very impressed with the quality. I have *real* Balenciagas and a *real* Spy and their bags are so close it really surprises me. One color I never bought in an actual Balenciaga is a black so I bought theirs many moons ago and have knocked it around a lot. It still looks great. I wouldn't have any concern for their honesty or the quality of the bags they produce.

01-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraW
Hello,
please help me
What you think about this bags?
Petra the leather looks a little hard & stiff for B'bags. I'd look around and read some of the back posts where others have found good copies of Balenciagas. The only one I know personally that makes good copies of B'bags is T&D from New Bag Factory on iOffer.

01-05-2006
windowshopping

Hello Pinkie,
thank you, for your answer! (My english in't so good, sorry!)

Hello Spiralsnowman,
the picture was from Designermarque

01-05-2006
front row

off topic edging paint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
the edge paint (while sloppy) is there to finish the edge of the leather on the handles. edge paint is usually a plastic polymer so some of the times (even on expensive authentic bags) the edge paint will crack also. It's just a less bulkier and less expensive way to finish leather edges.. the alternative is turning the edge and skiving the leather. it's crap
Luna.. I've been wondering about that edging for awhile. I know you make handbags so maybe you can tell me.. don't remember it being on bags ten years or so ago, but maybe it was. They did have binding sewn covering the edge or tucked in & sewn. Is it fairly resent in handbags? I know its on many designers bags now... it's on the Paddington, Stam but not on the Spy bags.
Usually it looks quite good especially with a blending shade... but sometimes they do get a little sloppy.

01-05-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraW
Hello Pinkie,
thank you, for your answer! (My english in't so good, sorry!)

Hello Spiralsnowman,
the picture was from Designermarque
Hi Petra... my English isn't always great either (and I don't speak anything else so you are ahead of me ;-0) check back to post #7362.
jujulabee says Snowsnow on iOffer has goatskin bags like NBF but only in the teal. You can check her page on iOffer and write to T&D at New Bag Factory
(newbagfactory) and ask when they will have some & in which colors. They are on I offer too but don't have any Balenciagas up for sale right now. They do have Spys & the Chloe. Their email is newbagfactory@gmail.com
They were planning on doing burgundy/Bordeaux, red, chocolate?, blue & white.... last I heard. You may have to wait a few weeks and ask them to put you on a wait list to tell you when they have then ready. Hope you find a nice B'bag ... I can only tell you that I have really liked the one I have from them.

01-05-2006
windowshopping

Hi Pinkie,
thanks again! I found it and I wrote an email.

What you think about snowsnow's "CHLOE Silverado PYTHON Bag in BLACK"? (ioffer)

Petra

Last edited by PetraW; 01-05-2006 at 04:28 AM.

01-05-2006
V.I.P.

Petra, I think if you like the Silverado (which is a nice bag in my opinion), Snowsnow would be a great source. Her python Silverado looks very good......another plus is she takes Paypal.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, bags, december, february, ioffer, lushfashionscom