Isabella Fiore "Whip Flash" Bag - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
28-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by melis
hello everyone. i am new to this website and wanted a little advice from all you professional shoppers on a decision that i cant seem to make. i am in love with 2 handbags and can not make up my mind on which one to purchase. i am a student and financially incapable of purchasing both bags, therefore, i need help, pleeeease, in choosing the right one. it is between the "isabella fiore, whip flash (audra)" http://www.adasa.com/product/asp/Pr...ich+Brown&Qty=1

and the "andrea brueckner, medium saddle" http://www.activeendeavors.com/prod...4&pfid=AED08100

any advice would greatly be appreciated. thanks in advance.

I would get the Andrea Brueckner bag.

28-08-2005
rising star

Quote:
hello everyone. i am new to this website and wanted a little advice from all you professional shoppers on a decision that i cant seem to make. i am in love with 2 handbags and can not make up my mind on which one to purchase. i am a student and financially incapable of purchasing both bags, therefore, i need help, pleeeease, in choosing the right one. it is between the "isabella fiore, whip flash (audra)" http://www.adasa.com/product/asp/Pr...ich+Brown&Qty=1

and the "andrea brueckner, medium saddle" http://www.activeendeavors.com/prod...4&pfid=AED08100

any advice would greatly be appreciated. thanks in advance.
In comparing those two, the Andrea Brueckner is much less trendy and more universally wearable, so since you have to choose between them, it would probably make sense to go with the less trendy one.

I really love them both, so it's hard to choose - but the studs, buckles and whipstitching combine to make the Audra less likely to have staying power. As long as you're in love with the Andrea Brueckner too, you'd be safer in the long run going with it.

28-08-2005
offline.

I'd go with the AB bag... I mine.

By the way, we have a thread dedicated to helping members decided between two or more bags.... it's located at: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ad.php?t=30481

28-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by style101
In comparing those two, the Andrea Brueckner is much less trendy and more universally wearable, so since you have to choose between them, it would probably make sense to go with the less trendy one.

I really love them both, so it's hard to choose - but the studs, buckles and whipstitching combine to make the Audra less likely to have staying power. As long as you're in love with the Andrea Brueckner too, you'd be safer in the long run going with it.
thanks so much for your opinion. it was extremely helpful. i couldnt agree with you more. the only thing that has me leaning towards the fiore is that since it IS the trendier of the two, i feel that once i get tired of the bag and it comes time to sell it, the fiore will probably keep more of its value versus the brueckner bag. would you agree, or would it probably not make a difference in the future? if you had to choose, being under my circumstances of being a broke student, which would you choose? thanks again for your help.

28-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
I'd go with the AB bag... I mine.

By the way, we have a thread dedicated to helping members decided between two or more bags.... it's located at: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ad.php?t=30481
luna, thank you for directing me in the proper direction. im glad you understand that it could be a little disorienting when there are so many places to post your questions or comments.

do you have the saddle bag as well? should i purchase the AB in black and stick the fiore in brown? thanks again.

28-08-2005
windowshopping

thanks to all for your opinions. they are all greatly appreciated and are all considered. its a huge help.

28-08-2005
rising star

Quote:
thanks so much for your opinion. it was extremely helpful. i couldnt agree with you more. the only thing that has me leaning towards the fiore is that since it IS the trendier of the two, i feel that once i get tired of the bag and it comes time to sell it, the fiore will probably keep more of its value versus the brueckner bag. would you agree, or would it probably not make a difference in the future? if you had to choose, being under my circumstances of being a broke student, which would you choose? thanks again for your help.
That's another interesting point, but with these particular bags, I think I'd concentrate more on which one you'd love more while you were using it, rather than on its retaining its value. I have the Andrea Bruekner and have pre-ordered the Audra, so it's obvious I really like both of them. I can't find any other way to help you pick other than pointing out the differences in trendiness!

28-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by style101
That's another interesting point, but with these particular bags, I think I'd concentrate more on which one you'd love more while you were using it, rather than on its retaining its value. I have the Andrea Bruekner and have pre-ordered the Audra, so it's obvious I really like both of them. I can't find any other way to help you pick other than pointing out the differences in trendiness!
absolutely. how do you feel about your andrea brueckner? do you think i should order the AB in black and keep the brown alexa?

28-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
absolutely. how do you feel about your andrea brueckner? do you think i should order the AB in black and keep the brown alexa?
im sorry, i meant audra.

28-08-2005
rising star

Quote:
Probably not - I really like the AB in brown (both the lighter color tan and the darker brown) and I'm not sure it would look that special in black. And I like the Audra better in brown too, so it's going to be a tough call. I think you should forget about being practical on this one - they're both a similar size and are nice, user-friendly bags - and maybe just go with your gut. Which one do you love more and would truly enjoy carrying - which one caught your eye first and made you really want it?

28-08-2005
rising star

I had the same problem, the AB's bag and the IF's whiplash. I decided the IF instead, as it is trendier of the both. The stuff that makes it trendy is what made it stands out more than the AB bag. My choice had been very conservative (mostly black bags) and after "charting out" all my current bags I decided to go for more color and "spunk" for my bags, so decided the whiplash instead.

It is really your personal style and preference - I was deciding both in the same color dark brown and whiplash stands out more... (JMO)

G'luck

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, fiore, flash, isabella, whip