How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-12-2003
rising star

I finally stopped in a Bebe store... and checked out the bag. It's really cute, but it doesn't look like it would hold up very well. Plus, one of the corner studs was missing.. it would be cute for light things, but not for tons of stuff. I'm thinking more like stuffing it with clothes..and your everyday purse items, but not books. I also stopped by an Arden B store and they had Jelly Kellys, as well as a pink leather Birkin replica. Of the 3, I purchased the leather one from Arden B. The Jelly Kelly didn't look like it would hold up as well. I was wondering... has anyone purchased a Jelly and had it break? Because that's the first thing that went through my mind..

21-12-2003
backstage pass

I was thinking the same thing about those jelly bags and that's why I got a faux crocodile birkin look alike. Plus I still think that the jelly bags are a bit expensive (online at least)... obviously not as expensive as the real thing but pricey considering they are only made of jelly. A leather or faux croc one would at least last you for more than one season so to me it's worth the price.

21-12-2003
front row

I've seen the Jelly Kelly's *everywhere* now. I must say, they always happen to catch my eye. Haven't seen anyone carrying it as of yet. I want one.. I think they're totally cute. I don't personally see them as a knock off.. yes, it has a similar shape, but, damn, the thing is made out of plastic jelly not italian leather. Not like anyone is going to come up to me and think I'm carrying a Hermes..

I'm waiting to see how I feel about them in a couple weeks. If there's lots of them going around I'll forget about it. I buy too many things and they end up collecting dust in my closet cuz I didn't wait to see how I really felt about it. The last time I wanted something then was so glad I didn't buy it were those pointy Timb boots.. ugh!

21-12-2003
backstage pass

They're definately cute and pratical. I just hope it doesn't become the next overdoen fad item like studded punk belts.

21-12-2003
front row

I ordered this pink jelly bag from Revolve clothing it is a Besso and it cost 110.00. I just got it and I love it! I will use it in the spring and summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BES_WY1_V1.jpg (20.2 KB, 12 views)

21-12-2003
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig@Sep 28th, 2003 - 12:59 am
Are they edible?
Now there's a marketable idea.

21-12-2003
V.I.P.

If you ask me, everyone's copying the Luella Bag!!! If Hermes came first, then I say...... The luella bag is still cuter than everything else!

Instead of the ugly key, this one has hearts.

21-12-2003
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Dec 21st, 2003 - 4:59 pm
If you ask me, everyone's copying the Luella Bag!!! If Hermes came first, then I say...... The luella bag is still cuter than everything else!

Instead of the ugly key, this one has hearts.
Hello! Almost Famous:
I know it's late late. Do you by any chance know where i can find this luella bag in bubblegum pink? I fall in love when I saw it at first a little while ago. i dont see them at store at all............Thanks so much.

21-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by christilynn@Dec 21st, 2003 - 3:58 pm
I ordered this pink jelly bag from Revolve clothing it is a Besso and it cost 110.00. I just got it and I love it! I will use it in the spring and summer.
Love it!

rising star

Arden has that exact same Luella bag replica! for $149! Hmm... isn't that weird? Anyone shop there?

22-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aziandoll@Dec 22nd, 2003 - 12:57 am
Arden has that exact same Luella bag replica! for $149! Hmm... isn't that weird? Anyone shop there?
I shop at Arden... I dunno, I think it tends to be a bit overpriced. They also have pink and blue jelly kellys now as well...and pink "papillon" shaped jelly bags with a jelly bow on the front

25-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by aimee+Dec 21st, 2003 - 10:35 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aimee @ Dec 21st, 2003 - 10:35 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-AlmostFamous@Dec 21st, 2003 - 4:59 pm

Instead of the ugly key, this one has hearts.*
Hello! Almost Famous:
I know it's late late. Do you by any chance know where i can find this luella bag in bubblegum pink? I fall in love when I saw it at first a little while ago. i dont see them at store at all............Thanks so much. [/b][/quote]
Sorry for the delayed response, but I found this picture on ebay.

25-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by meowmix+Dec 22nd, 2003 - 5:09 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meowmix @ Dec 22nd, 2003 - 5:09 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Aziandoll@Dec 22nd, 2003 - 12:57 am
I shop at Arden... I dunno, I think it tends to be a bit overpriced. They also have pink and blue jelly kellys now as well...and pink "papillon" shaped jelly bags with a jelly bow on the front [/b][/quote]
Isnt that like knocking off 3 bags @ once!?

26-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by AlmostFamous+Dec 25th, 2003 - 11:27 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlmostFamous @ Dec 25th, 2003 - 11:27 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by meowmix@Dec 22nd, 2003 - 5:09 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Aziandoll
Quote:
@Dec 22nd, 2003 - 12:57 am
Arden has that exact same Luella bag replica! for $149!* Hmm... isn't that weird? Anyone shop there?

I shop at Arden... I dunno, I think it tends to be a bit overpriced. They also have pink and blue jelly kellys now as well...and pink "papillon" shaped jelly bags with a jelly bow on the front
Isnt that like knocking off 3 bags @ once!? [/b][/quote]
it hink so

rising star

After seeing a few Jelly bags... I think I have already given up trying to buy one. They seem cute, but when I saw them in person...I knew I'd break them in a week with all the junk I carry. They would be cute for the beach though. In a few months, I'd love to know how other people's jellys are holding up.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jelly, kelly