Jerome Dreyfuss Bags - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
17-07-2008
windowshopping

For anyone in Montreal, I know La Maison Simons had some of his bags on sale a week or so ago. The "Tom" (I think) was there for about 400$ in green.

18-07-2008
V.I.P.

I found this style called the bernard bag on sale for 50% off. after visiting his store in paris with Aby, I've been on the hunt for the right style for me. this one is kind of different because it has a zipper around the body that lets it expand into a longer size. it's really a cool bag.

the level of craftsmanship is hard to come by these days and the bag has so much character.

shopbop.com

19-07-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

^I don't know how he does it but Jérome's bags always have that cool edge.

13-09-2008
front row

so... I saw the momo bag on sale at shopintuition.com. I called and they said that it was a mistake, and that the bag should have been taken down months ago, grr. Then the saleswoman was slightly rude and said that they had the bag on the site"like, forever", I think, insinuating that I could of bought the bag ages ago.... So, I would love to know if anyone knew where I could purchase the momo in cognac leather. I am in love with this bag... and any help would be much appreciated.

15-09-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliet3353 View Post
so... I saw the momo bag on sale at shopintuition.com. I called and they said that it was a mistake, and that the bag should have been taken down months ago, grr. Then the saleswoman was slightly rude and said that they had the bag on the site"like, forever", I think, insinuating that I could of bought the bag ages ago.... So, I would love to know if anyone knew where I could purchase the momo in cognac leather. I am in love with this bag... and any help would be much appreciated.
shopintuition are EXTREMELY rude. I will never buy from them again. Anica carries Jerome Dreyfuss Momo. It is sold out at the moment, but maybe you can call and ask when they are getting more? I have ordered from them before and their customer service is very good. Good luck. It's a really cute bag

15-09-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmodesteph View Post
shopintuition are EXTREMELY rude. I will never buy from them again. Anica carries Jerome Dreyfuss Momo. It is sold out at the moment, but maybe you can call and ask when they are getting more? I have ordered from them before and their customer service is very good. Good luck. It's a really cute bag

thanks! but now I have my heart set on finding it on sale. Of course, I missed it on sale at shopbop. I heart from NYC, has one left, but it is still 473 dollars. I doubt that thy would let me know if it goes on sale...

I think the bag is still on the website at shopintuition...so if anyone sees the bag on sale let me know .

26-12-2008
trendsetter

Well, did I ever score a great deal today I went out with my family and stopped at a Lord and Taylor's to see if they had any Jerome Dreyfuss left, and there were only 2 that were still somewhat expensive. Out of nowhere, an incredibly kind and sweet SA heard I was looking for some and went and got a bag that been returned weeks earlier but for whatever reason had not been put back out on the floor and tagged. It got marked down to only $269 from $770! It's soft light leather, in black and is enormous. I love the little LED light in the bag to help you look for things in it, and it also converts into a tote and has an adjustable leather shoulder strap. It's called the "Billy."

www.jerome-dreyfuss.com

Now I just have to find the "Antoine" in black also, I'll be set.

And if anyone else is still looking, bags are 30% off at Lord and Taylor's, on top of previous mark downs.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (77.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by lollicandy; 26-12-2008 at 05:59 PM.
27-12-2008
trendsetter

I went to another Lord and Taylor dept. store to see what else they had, and I bought another one. I wanted a smaller bag, that also had cross body straps. I wanted the Twee or the Diego originally, but I couldn't find any left.

The one I ended up getting is much smaller, its the Twee Mini in "Petrol." I think I could fit the essentials (phone, wallet, keys, ipod and maybe, just maybe camera.) It's actually much darker than the photo shows, almost black a very dark navy blue. Since I wear mostly neutrals, black white and gray, I think it should be ok even though I was really looking for a black or gray bag. It was also a pittance of the actual retail price, $500 and I got it for 65% off. I might change my mind, so I will have to see how much I like it with my wardrobe...

jerome-dreyfuss.com
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (68.6 KB, 5 views)

27-12-2008
trendsetter

Actually, the pic below this is a more accurate picture of the color:

(thingsweheart.blogspot.com)

All the lambskin is dyed with vegetable dye and sustainable methods, which is a good thing. I just wish his website was better, there's no lists of stockists and it's not in English either which is too bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1951.JPG (21.5 KB, 1 views)

28-12-2008
trendsetter

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53...mneh_lifestyle

An interesting video where he shows how to pull apart, transform and use his bags.

28-12-2008
trendsetter

The Traveller's bag
Jérôme Dreyfuss
Taken to pieces

The bag is the thing. The young designer Jerôme Dreyfuss understands this and he is now seen as a master of an art that is as much about aesthetics as luxury. That is the reason why we have chosen him (alone) to talk about the production of a bag (for everyone). For Dreyfuss treats leather with as much attention as if it were from another human being. With the result that the leathers he takes so much care in selecting have the soft velvety quality of a baby's skin. It is well worth the time spent to investigate the humble genesis of a bag that carries the Dreyfuss monograph.

ORIGINS
His leather originates exclusively from France or England, as the provenance guarantees both the well-being of the animal and, consequentially, the quality of its hide. But when Dreyfuss uses Python leather, he sources from countries such as Indonesia or Malaysia, where the animal is not under threat of extinction.

PURIFICATION
Once the hide has been chosen, the moment arrives when it will be turned into leather at the tannery. This process is called le travail de rivière where the hide undergoes a treatment with water to eliminate the impurities and rehydrate the skin before being cured.

TANNING
Then follows the process of skinning and scudding, which aim to eliminate the grease and the hairs via the use of biocides or non-toxic enzymes... ethics are important. Following this, the hide is tanned using a vegetable tannin. Only 8% chromium is used in this operation in order to help protect the environment.

TRANSFORMATION
It is now time for the currying, which transforms the tanned hide into finished leather. It is wrung whilst still humid, the splitting is done, which consists of cutting it across to separate the croûte (outer) from the fleur (inner). Jérôme Dreyfuss works only with the fleur of leather, considered to be of superior quality since it has never been in contact with the outside world. It is then nourished with fish oil, which renders it supple and impermeable.

FINISHING
Finally, comes the dyeing. As with the tanning, Dreyfuss uses vegetable dyes, again containing only 8% chromium as opposed to the standard 80%. The skins become brick-red, chestnut, cognac, brown, nutmeg, pecan, chocolate, russet and olive coloured. Talc is powdered on them, for the sake of softness. They are then selected and arranged on the basis of their pattern. Once cut out, there is no waste, the off-cuts are used to make small leather items. The larger pieces are coloured, assembled, waxed and lined, clasps and locks are added, logos are printed on and... as we said, the case is in the bag.

from ICONOfly.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a293dcab3d.jpg (15.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3dfe84948a.jpg (18.4 KB, 4 views)

30-12-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

Great bags you got Lollicandy!

The Jérôme Dreyfuss bags are quite popular in France especially the Billy. They're not as popular as Gérard Darel's bags because I guess the target is more limited. His bags are maybe less classical or conservative so it attracts more youthful and fashionable crowd.

I really like the Jean bag right now, which is a little reminiscent of the Chanel with a chain handle but still haven't decided to get it though.

07-02-2009
V.I.P.

i love his bags !!!!!
is he well distributed outside France ? I hope so ........

10-02-2009
Frozen irony.

This definitely seems to be the 'IT' bag in paris..

I have seen the 'Billy' bag around quite a bit, seems to be the most popular style..

Last edited by pucci_mama; 10-02-2009 at 01:54 AM.
04-03-2009
trendsetter

His bags are so beautiful and I hope to afford one by the end of the summer. At first I was really invested in owning a twee but came to appreciate the Diego as well. I really like the color khaki but I haven't seen any of those in either bag. Of course, there always the beloved black but I feel like I would be too safe with that. I really wish he gets his english site up and running so it can become more available

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, dreyfuss, jerome