How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-10-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

Bag update. So I finally got around to trying to my ramona problem solved. I called the manager last week and he said to bring it in so on Sat. I took it in. I don't know if it worked for or against me that the shop was busy but I came in and said I spoke to him on the phone, he looked at the handles and stuff and said 'okay we'll send it to our leather guy and see what he can do' and he said it would take 5-10 working days. I really hope they can fix it though I'm slightly worried what the leather guy will do. Anyway we'll see what happens.

11-10-2006
Of too many minds

^Fingers crossed for you, Meg!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
22-10-2006
rising star

Does anyone know how the patent leather reacts to the temperature changes for example in the winter when it's minus degrees outside, like -20 degree Celsius (-4 degree Fahrenheit) or colder?

I'm asking because I've heard that it could start to crack. Is this true?

04-11-2006
fashion icon

Does any one have the Ricky? I am still wondering if I will carry it and is it worth my love! Thanks.

Meg
inspired contemplation

Sorry I never reported back that it was a success! Most of the edges have now been repolished in the navy (there were a couple of spots he missed but i didn't notice til later. oh well) and it's looking good. I have yet to wear it since getting it fixed though.

Personally, it would make sense that the patent would start to crack if you left it out in cold weather. I come from a very cold province and have seen patent crack before but only through extreme prolonged exposure. So i wouldn't carry it on a 5 hour hike through the woods but carrying it to/from your car and to work should be fine.

27-11-2006
front row

FYI. They had a white rikki and ramona out in Saks Atlanta for the cruise season. Beautiful, fresh white. Gorjusss!!!

rising star

Does anyone have the oversized clutch pictured below? I was considering purchasing it- looks like a practical bag you could carry day or night. I have so many large bags, I thought this might be a good investment. (Do you see all the justifications I am making?!?) Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on its usefulness or attractiveness! TIA!

pic saks.com

27-11-2006
still here

^I don't have it, but I love it! I was playing with it at bloomies the other day, I love the way it looks with the chain tucked into the bag and carried like a clutch. I really love it. I think big clutches can look so chic.

If it weren't for the other $$ things above it on my wishlist, I'd get it in a second.

Last edited by mundodabolsa; 27-11-2006 at 06:23 PM.
27-11-2006
rising star

Thanks mundo! I totally agree with you about big chic clutches! Since you have seen it IRL, do you think it would work for day as well as night? I was also wondering how the gold "piping" looked in person.

27-11-2006
still here

it's quite casual, the leather, although soft in texture, has a sort of worn look, like an old leather jacket even though there is no distressing in it, it's not a dark black, more like a slightly faded black. and the gold is sort of a brushed gold, not blingy at all.

it wouldn't work to a fancy night event, it's not that elegant, but it would be great for a dinner out, bar, the theater, or a simpler party. And since you have the chain, you can throw it on your shoulder when you get sick of holding it or want to dance or whatever.

I'd love it for day too, I just think there is something so polished about a women wiht a casual outfit, great shoes, and carrying a non dinky clutch.

oh, and here's a pic I've had saved for a while...

wireimage

Last edited by mundodabolsa; 27-11-2006 at 06:44 PM.
27-11-2006
rising star

Thank you so much for your feedback, mundo! Karma for you!!!

27-11-2006
tfs star

I've nerver been a fan of the Jimmy Choo bags like the Ramona. They lost me somewhere between the overexposure and the gold hardware. Anyway, I love that clutch posted above! I tried it on at the Jimmy Choo boutique yesterday and it was lovely. I think big cluctches can be chic for night as they're polished yet understated and relaxed.

Just my personal opinion

04-02-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

There is a black Jimmy Choo Ramano going for half price (550 pounds) on catwalktocloset.com right now http://www.catwalktocloset.com/catwa...leathertotenew

It's an authentic website so thats a good deal. I'm not sure it's NEVER been used before (it just says condition: new with dustbag) but still a steal of a deal.

04-02-2008
tfs star

i'm not a fans of his shoes but recently there's few handbags that i like from him.

Jimmy Choo "True Bag"

season : Fall/Winter 2007/2008
main color: black
materials: leather, metal
dimensions: 22"W X 10 1/2"H X 7 1/2"D
hardware color: gold
currently on sale for $1672 at styledrops

Jimmy Choo "Alex Bag"

Yummy luscious leather on this Jimmy Choo bag made me drool LOL

season : Fall/Winter 2007/2008
main color: black
materials: leather, metal
dimensions: 15 1/2"W X 11 1/2"H X 6 1/2"D
hardware color: gold
currently on sale for $2175

Jimmy Choo "Drummed Leather Hobo"

Oversized drummed leather bucket bag has a multiple strap look for added distinction, one large strap; 8 1/2" drop, metal magnetic closure, two inside zipper pockets, inside side, center and zip pocket with key snap, suede lining.
size : 12" W x 13" H x 7" D
currently retails for $1895

source : http://bagcraze.blogspot.com/

11-05-2008
rising star

Bought my 1st Ramona, in slick leather.
it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
choo, handbags, jimmy