How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-02-2006
tfs star

Thanks aspen!

01-02-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen
J. Alba has the navy Ramona. There are several sizes and variations. The Rasia, Rosso and Ripple are a few. Go to www.jimmychoo.com and you'll see them under SS06.
What's interesting about the other sizes - at least IMO - is that the bag has little to none appeal in the smaller sizes. The reason why is that they messed with the style in the smaller sizes - only a single row of grommets (which might have been necessary in a smaller size) and they folded over the top of the bag and squared it off (which wasn't necessary) so that it's structured and not slouchy. The SA at the Jimmy Choo store here agreed with me completely. Personally, I would prefer a bag not quite so big but the smaller ones just don't cut it. (I do think that the hobo version of this is very nice looking however).

02-02-2006
front row

Jan: I agree. The bag is not as appealing in the smaller structured size (although I wouldn't mind my Ramona being a tad bit more structured) but I do think it's going to look great in the hobo. I'm dying to see that bag (I have pre-ordered but I may cancel)!

02-02-2006
front row

can't believe i found this thread on the ramona!! i ordered the navy from nap last night and thought i had a "find"!! guess i can't beat the ladies at tfs!! you guys are the best!

02-02-2006
tfs star

Congrats, drel! Mine was supposed to arrive today, but for whatever reason, it hasn't been delivered, so I guess it will arrive tomorrow. It's really exciting, and I can't wait.

02-02-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drel39
can't believe i found this thread on the ramona!! i ordered the navy from nap last night and thought i had a "find"!! guess i can't beat the ladies at tfs!! you guys are the best!
Yes, drel, congratulations from me too!! I was going to post a pic of my Ramona today but I had a kind of bad, hectic day - hopefully, tomorrow I'll beable to. Green - Rats! I was so looking forward to hearing your reaction to your new bag. I'll be back tomorrow to hear all about it! I'm having trouble getting used to the size, so I'll be interested to hear your take on that.

03-02-2006
tfs star

Okay, I just received my Ramona. First impressions, the leather is very nice: soft and plush. The navy is much darker than I had anticipated, it is almost black. The size isn't too big for me, just a little bigger than my petrol spy. I took pics comparing it with my petrol spy, and my Gerard Darel black drape bag to compare the size and color. I'm not as wowed as I thought I would be. I guess I was hoping for a slightly lighter blue.

03-02-2006
tfs star

Some more first impressions, I don't think the hardware is too shiny/bright. I also took a pic of it on a black leather chair next to a black laptop bag. You can't really tell it's blue at all. I guess I was hoping of something more like the Chloe paddy bleu nuit. Here are some pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JC Ramona 1.jpg (150.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg JC Ramona 2.jpg (86.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg JC Ramona 3.jpg (91.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg JC Ramona 4.jpg (66.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg JC Ramona 5.jpg (57.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg JC Ramona 6.jpg (54.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg JC Ramona 7.jpg (102.4 KB, 16 views)

03-02-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendrv
Some more first impressions, I don't think the hardware is too shiny/bright. I also took a pic of it on a black leather chair next to a black laptop bag. You can't really tell it's blue at all. I guess I was hoping of something more like the Chloe paddy bleu nuit. Here are some pics:
Greendrv - it's a beautiful bag, but like you, I was expecting it to more blue than black. Do you think you will keep the bag at this point? It looks like it would be very versatile - good for both work days and weekends.

03-02-2006
tfs star

Btw, can you tell if the leather can be easily scratched?

03-02-2006
tfs star

shopping, I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to keep it. I already have plenty of black bags, and if I wanted a color close to black, I would get an ink Balenciaga work bag. I think the leather will scratch a little (this one already has a few subtle scratches), but because the leather has some texture (not quite pebbled) it blends in with the bag pretty well. I think that the scratches won't be deep or obvious.

When I compared it with my petrol spy, I realized what a WOW! factor the spy has compared to this bag. That's not a plus or a minus, but I'm certainly not head over heels in love with this bag.

Last edited by Greendrv; 03-02-2006 at 01:45 PM.
03-02-2006
tfs star

Sounds like it's going to be tough call. I wonder if the bag will change color over time from being in the sunlight and such. But I suppose if it does the color may get darker, not lighter.

03-02-2006
tfs star

Yeah, the picture that is truest to IRL color is the one with the close-up of the hardware. It's just so dark. See how the color varies in the pics of Lilo below? I was hoping that the color would be the brighter version. But even in direct sunlight, it's almost black. Too bad, I was really hoping that this bag would make my day. I guess now I'm especially glad that I pre-ordered the blue medium B FENDI!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jimmy_Choo_lindsay_lohan_bag.jpg (68.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Jimmy_Choo_lohanshopping.jpg (207.6 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Greendrv; 03-02-2006 at 01:51 PM.
03-02-2006
backstage pass

Greendrv-that bag really suits you! I like the Jimmy Choo handbags... but I like his shoes better

03-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionFix
Greendrv-that bag really suits you! I like the Jimmy Choo handbags... but I like his shoes better
I am partial to the shoes as well. I tried a couple of JC bags last summer and ended up ebaying all of them...

Green, the bag does look nice on your shoulder!

In general, I think I like (but do not love) the bag... One of those bags that I might consider at $1200-$1400, but would probably choose another given the price???

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
choo, handbags, jimmy