How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-02-2006
tfs star

Ah yes, the blue b.fendi... I suppose we should continue a discussion in that thread...

Yeah, the one that LiLo is carrying seems much bluer. Maybe she received an earlier batch of bags that are that blue?

Good luck on deciding whether to keep it or not Green!

03-02-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopping247
Ah yes, the blue b.fendi... I suppose we should continue a discussion in that thread...

Yeah, the one that LiLo is carrying seems much bluer. Maybe she received an earlier batch of bags that are that blue?

Good luck on deciding whether to keep it or not Green!
I don't think so -- it's just the glare of the papanazi flood lights that make her bag seem lighter.

nice pics green! but I'm with you about the color. after reading all the positive reactions on this thread, I decided to give it another try but when I wore it with black (which I wear a lot), it merely blended in. and I too have a petrol spy which has the something this bag lacks. love the blue b fendi too!

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendrv
shopping, I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to keep it. I already have plenty of black bags, and if I wanted a color close to black, I would get an ink Balenciaga work bag. I think the leather will scratch a little (this one already has a few subtle scratches), but because the leather has some texture (not quite pebbled) it blends in with the bag pretty well. I think that the scratches won't be deep or obvious.

When I compared it with my petrol spy, I realized what a WOW! factor the spy has compared to this bag. That's not a plus or a minus, but I'm certainly not head over heels in love with this bag.
I hear you, Green. I've been sitting on the fence on this one too. I like the color (I already have the blue nuit paddy) but if I am paying $2000 for a bag, I want a real "in love" feeling. I think it's a cool bag, I love the finishing on the interior and I think the quality is there (LOVE the leather, don't care if it scratches) but, for me, I think I'd rather have another Chanel for the money. I have always actually hated all the Choo bags up until now. I think they're starting to get it right - but it's not quite there yet. I can't really put my finger on it, but I think the styling could be improved on the Ramona as well (I'm not crazy about that strip of leather that runs horizonitally across the front). I would like to see the hobo IRL when it comes out. Hmmmm......In get a feeling mine is going back. I do have to say that in the pics - it looks GREAT on you.

04-02-2006
tfs star

Greendrv, thanks for posting pictures of your bag. I really, really like it. I love the size, shape, detailing - everything. I hope when I go shopping next weekend I get to see one in person. This would make a fantastic everyday/work bag.

04-02-2006
V.I.P.

My top client ordered Greendrv's bag in the camel croc...Does anyone know how much it costs? It must be at least 8k if not more, but one question is, do you know how many Coach bags you can get!?! Grr, we have to keep her AmEx in our store, she can't just walk around loose!

04-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopping247
Btw, can you tell if the leather can be easily scratched?
No scratches on mine yet, which surprised me. I've had it less than two weeks but I kind of expected to see a nick or scratch by this point.

04-02-2006
V.I.P.

i saw the stone ramona in person... i LOVE it. it's sooo popular... everyone who went into the jimmy choo boutique or called the boutique when i was there today was asking about the bag...

04-02-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
My top client ordered Greendrv's bag in the camel croc...Does anyone know how much it costs? It must be at least 8k if not more, but one question is, do you know how many Coach bags you can get!?! Grr, we have to keep her AmEx in our store, she can't just walk around loose!
A croc has to be at least double your figure, if not more.

04-02-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
i saw the stone ramona in person... i LOVE it. it's sooo popular... everyone who went into the jimmy choo boutique or called the boutique when i was there today was asking about the bag...
The stone is very (although the lightness of the color worries me a bit). Green, maybe that's an option for you instead of the navy???

04-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendrv
Some more first impressions, I don't think the hardware is too shiny/bright. I also took a pic of it on a black leather chair next to a black laptop bag. You can't really tell it's blue at all. I guess I was hoping of something more like the Chloe paddy bleu nuit. Here are some pics:
Congrats!! Call me "standard" all ya like, but I love most of the jimmy choo bags on the site. Given there are a few that arent my taste exactly, I still think they are classy and beautiful!

V.I.P.

i think the price of the crocodile one is about 9900 euros... i glanced at the notes they took in their catalog.

janyoung, it does seem like it would be a little high maintenance, but it's just SOOO beautiful...

04-02-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
i think the price of the crocodile one is about 9900 euros... i glanced at the notes they took in their catalog.

janyoung, it does seem like it would be a little high maintenance, but it's just SOOO beautiful...
Agreed! It was like a magnet pulling me into the Jimmy Choo boutique here. Since I have decided to return the navy, I think I'll take another look at the stone (if it's still there!) I condition, spray, and clean my light color bags religiously - and so far, they all still look really good - but I also find, that I don't use them as often because I'm more "afraid" of them.

04-02-2006
V.I.P.

^ i say go for the one you LOVE. plus i'm sure you have enough bags that you can rotate them

04-02-2006
Adorable illusion

There were quite a few of these bags at harrods. Thye didnt seem as popular.

05-02-2006
front row

The Houston JC store has one Ramona in Stone if anyone is interested.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
choo, handbags, jimmy