How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-07-2004
backstage pass

Jimmy Choo Handbags
Sorry but I don't like the line of handbags. I went into the NY store yeserday and they are so industrial looking compared to their sleek feminine & sexy shoes.

http://www.jimmychoo.com/handbags/handbags/handbags.htm

23-07-2004
fashion insider

I really like them! They kinda look like the Luella bag, but i think these are a bit more sophisticated and chic. Luella's Gisele bag is actually more punk and young. the green origami bag!

trendsetter

I. love Jimmy Choo choos, but not the bags, I really can't explain why either?

24-07-2004
fashion elite

My problem with Jimmy Choo bags is not that they arent nice, but that they ar so prefab. It was such a marketers and not a designers decision. They saw what Marc Jacobs was doing with hardware, what luella was doing with "bondage", and reinturpreted it. I don't like who I see wearing them. It is always either wanna-be socialites or tacky, loud mouth slightly fat 55 year old women screaming to their husbands on the phone about how much their son's bar mitvah is going to cost.

yes

Quote:
Originally posted by MJCouture@Jul 24 2004, 06:38 PM
I don't like who I see wearing them. It is always either wanna-be socialites or tacky, loud mouth slightly fat 55 year old women screaming to their husbands on the phone about how much their son's bar mitvah is going to cost.
[snapback]315308[/snapback]
ROFL! :dizzy:

24-07-2004
trendsetter

I find the jimmy choo bags frightfully unattractive, so flat and dull imo.

Adorable illusion

They should stick to making shoes.

28-07-2004
trendsetter

I agree that Jimmy Choo should leave the bags alone, although i do like a few of them, they are simply over priced for what they are..... similar to Luella

30-07-2004
rising star

I really like the Tulita bag.....

30-07-2004
backstage pass

i don't like the bags. don't like the luella bags either

01-08-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by MJCouture@Jul 24 2004, 01:38 PM
My problem with Jimmy Choo bags is not that they arent nice, but that they ar so prefab. It was such a marketers and not a designers decision. They saw what Marc Jacobs was doing with hardware, what luella was doing with "bondage", and reinturpreted it. I don't like who I see wearing them. It is always either wanna-be socialites or tacky, loud mouth slightly fat 55 year old women screaming to their husbands on the phone about how much their son's bar mitvah is going to cost.
[snapback]315308[/snapback]

you are so cruel, i love it!

:dizzy:

01-08-2004
fashion elite

Merci Acid and Purr, I try.

fashion insider

i was kind of worried about coming into this particular topic to say that i can't stand the bags. i do feel better now knowing that i am not alone in this. i just find them really unattractive.

backstage pass

Jimmy Choo shoes are sexy aren't they? The bags are too complicated I think, too much detail maybe, they're not sexy.

Jimmy Choo does make a little clutch which is very cute, with ruched leather and a wooden handle, it's nicer than the tulitas. The tulitas are very well stitched, with good leathers, and sturdy components, but the over all result is not sexy! The colours are nice, though.

I think they should have gone for something more sleek and simple.

05-08-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig@Aug 4 2004, 01:51 PM
Jimmy Choo shoes are sexy aren't they? The bags are too complicated I think, too much detail maybe, they're not sexy.

Jimmy Choo does make a little clutch which is very cute, with ruched leather and a wooden handle, it's nicer than the tulitas. The tulitas are very well stitched, with good leathers, and sturdy components, but the over all result is not sexy! The colours are nice, though.

I think they should have gone for something more sleek and simple.

[snapback]321507[/snapback]
you know what? you are so right. their shoes have a sleek and simple look to them and i truly think the bags would be even more popular if they imitated the shoes a bit in order to get the same feel. very cool of you to bring that to our attention!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
choo, handbags, jimmy