How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
23-07-2004
  1
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 515
Jimmy Choo Handbags
Sorry but I don't like the line of handbags. I went into the NY store yeserday and they are so industrial looking compared to their sleek feminine & sexy shoes.


http://www.jimmychoo.com/handbags/handbags/handbags.htm

  Reply With Quote
 
23-07-2004
  2
fashion insider
 
Foxie-Pooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,218
I really like them! They kinda look like the Luella bag, but i think these are a bit more sophisticated and chic. Luella's Gisele bag is actually more punk and young. the green origami bag!

__________________
The Insatiable Hedonism
  Reply With Quote
24-07-2004
  3
trendsetter
 
Kora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,104
I. love Jimmy Choo choos, but not the bags, I really can't explain why either?

  Reply With Quote
24-07-2004
  4
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,761
My problem with Jimmy Choo bags is not that they arent nice, but that they ar so prefab. It was such a marketers and not a designers decision. They saw what Marc Jacobs was doing with hardware, what luella was doing with "bondage", and reinturpreted it. I don't like who I see wearing them. It is always either wanna-be socialites or tacky, loud mouth slightly fat 55 year old women screaming to their husbands on the phone about how much their son's bar mitvah is going to cost.

__________________
"She said I was having a nervous breakdown and should go to Atlantic City. I'm not that broken down yet!"
  Reply With Quote
24-07-2004
  5
yes
 
Acid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Gender: homme
Posts: 12,507
Quote:
Originally posted by MJCouture@Jul 24 2004, 06:38 PM
I don't like who I see wearing them. It is always either wanna-be socialites or tacky, loud mouth slightly fat 55 year old women screaming to their husbands on the phone about how much their son's bar mitvah is going to cost.
[snapback]315308[/snapback]
ROFL! :dizzy:

  Reply With Quote
24-07-2004
  6
trendsetter
 
Ms. Diorella's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,426
I find the jimmy choo bags frightfully unattractive, so flat and dull imo.

__________________
There's something about us I want to say Cause there's something between us anyway
  Reply With Quote
24-07-2004
  7
Adorable illusion
 
vintage_princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,644
They should stick to making shoes.

__________________
"...jus flip up ur collar, pull up ur sleeves and wear it loose... done less FOB like"

  Reply With Quote
28-07-2004
  8
trendsetter
 
LadyIllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Planet Earth baby!
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,215
I agree that Jimmy Choo should leave the bags alone, although i do like a few of them, they are simply over priced for what they are..... similar to Luella

  Reply With Quote
30-07-2004
  9
rising star
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 150
I really like the Tulita bag.....

  Reply With Quote
30-07-2004
  10
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: nyc
Posts: 558
i don't like the bags. don't like the luella bags either

  Reply With Quote
01-08-2004
  11
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally posted by MJCouture@Jul 24 2004, 01:38 PM
My problem with Jimmy Choo bags is not that they arent nice, but that they ar so prefab. It was such a marketers and not a designers decision. They saw what Marc Jacobs was doing with hardware, what luella was doing with "bondage", and reinturpreted it. I don't like who I see wearing them. It is always either wanna-be socialites or tacky, loud mouth slightly fat 55 year old women screaming to their husbands on the phone about how much their son's bar mitvah is going to cost.
[snapback]315308[/snapback]

you are so cruel, i love it!

:dizzy:

  Reply With Quote
01-08-2004
  12
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York, NY
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,761
Merci Acid and Purr, I try.

__________________
"She said I was having a nervous breakdown and should go to Atlantic City. I'm not that broken down yet!"
  Reply With Quote
03-08-2004
  13
fashion insider
 
TheSweetest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Georgia
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,323
i was kind of worried about coming into this particular topic to say that i can't stand the bags. i do feel better now knowing that i am not alone in this. i just find them really unattractive.

__________________
"A kiss is always virtuous, but a word about a kiss is always shameful." -Sandor Marai
  Reply With Quote
04-08-2004
  14
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: brighton
Posts: 554
Jimmy Choo shoes are sexy aren't they? The bags are too complicated I think, too much detail maybe, they're not sexy.

Jimmy Choo does make a little clutch which is very cute, with ruched leather and a wooden handle, it's nicer than the tulitas. The tulitas are very well stitched, with good leathers, and sturdy components, but the over all result is not sexy! The colours are nice, though.

I think they should have gone for something more sleek and simple.


  Reply With Quote
05-08-2004
  15
fashion insider
 
TheSweetest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Georgia
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,323
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig@Aug 4 2004, 01:51 PM
Jimmy Choo shoes are sexy aren't they? The bags are too complicated I think, too much detail maybe, they're not sexy.

Jimmy Choo does make a little clutch which is very cute, with ruched leather and a wooden handle, it's nicer than the tulitas. The tulitas are very well stitched, with good leathers, and sturdy components, but the over all result is not sexy! The colours are nice, though.

I think they should have gone for something more sleek and simple.


[snapback]321507[/snapback]
you know what? you are so right. their shoes have a sleek and simple look to them and i truly think the bags would be even more popular if they imitated the shoes a bit in order to get the same feel. very cool of you to bring that to our attention!!!

__________________
"A kiss is always virtuous, but a word about a kiss is always shameful." -Sandor Marai
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
choo, handbags, jimmy
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.