How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-09-2005
memoirs of a...

Kooba's Sienna bag - question about colors
Luggage vs. Nutmeg

Quick question: how is 'luggage' different from 'nutmeg'? Is 'luggage' no longer in production? I haven't seen the bags in person, but from the various pictures I've browsed through, I fear I like 'luggage' more than 'nutmeg', because the color seems more orange and thus more vibrant. Also, the lining of the bags are different. The new FW05 bags are lined in green suede, which doesn't seem as durable.

And while we're at it, do you like the Scarlett (the smaller version of Sienna) or Sienna? I like both bags a lot, and it's difficult to decide without being able to see them in person. Mulberry's Pheobe pales in comparison to both.

Kooba's Scarlett (a smaller Sienna) in 'Luggage':

Kooba's Sienna in 'Nutmeg':

Picture source: RevolveClothing.com; NeimanMarcus.com

11-09-2005
Diamond

Merged with existing Kooba Bags thread

~Madeleine Albright
11-09-2005
front row

nothing special about the bag tbh

front row

so so to terrible quality

13-09-2005
windowshopping

Quality along the lines of other made-in-China bags (IF, Coach), but Sienna connection means it's twice the price. Design is rather meh.

Last edited by Olivia M.; 13-09-2005 at 03:01 PM.
13-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia M.
Quality along the lines of other made-in-China bags (IF, Coach), but Sienna connection means it's twice the price. Design is rather meh.
Kooba changed the leather on their bags for the fall season. It is not as distressed as the previous version Scarlett's and Sienna's which is a shame because I loved the leather on the spring season bags - gave it a more western edge. I actually had the Sienna when it first made it's debut in the spring but returned it, not because I didn't like the style or leather but because there were other bags I wanted more for the price tag.

I haven't seen the new fall Scarlett's and Sienna's so cannot comment on quality but from photos, the leather looks more shiny and smooth, which takes away from that western/boho look.

13-09-2005
rising star

I rather like my Kooba claudia hobo - very cute and nicely made, I think. To each her own.

13-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngprof
I rather like my Kooba claudia hobo - very cute and nicely made, I think. To each her own.
I have Lucy, Claudia's big sister! You're right, this collection is very nicely made with the washed, antiqued leather. Lucy is one of my favorite bags right now, up there with Chloe and Gucci! I rotate all quite frequently.

17-09-2005
windowshopping

I'm glad I found this discussion. I purchased a Kooba Natalia today at Bendel's. I love it because it has a delicate look to it, the color (espresso) is just the right brown (didn't know it until I saw the bag, if you know what I mean) and the leather is quite yummy.

But I must say, I got a little freaked out by the "distressed" look (kinda has that well worn effect in certain spots).

Here's the bag and the link from Bergdorf's (bendel's website not available at the moment).

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store...index=3&cmCat=
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kooba Natalia.jpg (28.8 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by lexigirl16; 17-09-2005 at 11:44 PM.
18-09-2005
offline.

congrats on the new bag, Lexi

18-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
congrats on the new bag, Lexi
Thanks Luna .

I haven't had time to take to look at it since I got home last night. I really adore the bag and amazingly NEED it. But, the distressing on the bag is a tad of an issue for me. Bendel's had two, and I gave each a thorough inspection. As you can tell I'm kinda anal about things like this. Stressing 'bout the distressing.

I have to check it out again to assure myself when I look at it I won't be thinking, how did I get bleach stains on my bag? .... or, what did the bag rub up against. I'll get over it I'm sure. :p

tfs star

I haven't really kept track of Kooba bags, but this simple one from the bergdorfgoodman.com website caught my eye (esp. the distressing). Has anyone seen it IRL, and can comment on the quality of the leather?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BGKooba.jpg (27.8 KB, 7 views)

19-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendrv
I haven't really kept track of Kooba bags, but this simple one from the bergdorfgoodman.com website caught my eye (esp. the distressing). Has anyone seen it IRL, and can comment on the quality of the leather?
Hi Greendry,
I was at Bendel's, Barney's and Bergdorf's looking at Kooba bags on Saturday. Not sure if that one (slouch) was there, but I saw many, and in fact purchased the Natalia. The leather is very soft to the touch (yummy), but has a texture to it. The "distressing" is random from bag to bag. It vary from a subltle "worn effect" to a more pronounced "spotting effect". Hope this helps.

windowshopping

I like the shape but am not so sure about the quality though for that price.

22-10-2005
front row

Can someone tell me if the current Kooba Sienna's have Kooba logo lining or suede lining. My friend just bought one on ebay that has Kooba logo lining (even though the pictured bag had suede lining), so I'm worried it may be fake.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kooba