How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-10-2005
trendsetter

I love that Kooba bag, I spend alot of dough last week, so I have to hold off, but I love it

22-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by boymom
Can someone tell me if the current Kooba Sienna's have Kooba logo lining or suede lining. My friend just bought one on ebay that has Kooba logo lining (even though the pictured bag had suede lining), so I'm worried it may be fake.
The current season has suede (actually cotton suede) lining but past seasons had Kooba print lining. I had the Sienna, Justine and Emma at one point (purchased from reputable department stores) and both had Kooba print lining. I currently have Shelby from the Fall 04 season and Lucy from the Fall 05 season. Shelby has Kooba print logo and Lucy has the suede.

26-10-2005
backstage pass

there are already kooba fakes right now, so be careful even if buying on ebay..

26-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia M.
Quality along the lines of other made-in-China bags (IF, Coach), but Sienna connection means it's twice the price. Design is rather meh.
Excuse me. Coach bags are high quality, and some are made in China. Anyways we had a customer come in whose Kooba bag fell apart in Bloomindales, she was carrying it in a Bloomingdales shopping bag. She bought like two bags.

15-11-2005
windowshopping

hello

i am new to this forum, very fun by the way, but i was wondering if someone can tell me how to tell if a sienna kooba bag is fake. i found one on ioffer.com and am wondering if i should buy it but am hesitant because i don't want to buy a fake! thank you!

16-11-2005
tfs star

iluvnordies, just about all the bags on ioffer are fakes (I would say 100% are fakes, but certainly all the bags that are going for sell than retail are fakes).

16-11-2005
windowshopping

^^^ok, thank you! just needed to make sure, i kind of figured!

16-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvnordies
i found one on ioffer.com
Say no more, it's fake!

16-11-2005
windowshopping

^^^yah!!! thanks! guess i just needed to hear it from someone else besides myself. thanks

20-11-2005
windowshopping

How well do these bags hold up to everyday use? I"m thinking about buying a sienna to tote around small notebooks/books when i'm travelling light around campus.

17-03-2006
trendsetter

I have a Cognac Sienna bag - it's really durable and sturdy.

23-03-2006
backstage pass

I love Kooba bags. Maybe their overpriced but still... cute. But I`ve noticed one strange thing, some of them have inside lining saying kooba all around and others that suede kind of lining. Both has metal tags and zips saying Kooba. So is it a newer version of kooba (those with suede lining) or are they just fake?
It would be great to know, cause the only place I can buy one is ebay. And I want a real one

Or thought your train moving while sitting still?" girl interrupted.
23-03-2006
rising star

You can buy one from the Kooba site, neiman marcus, saks, etc. Even bluefly occasionally. Kooba does supply their product at a discount (unlike other brands) so there are a few good seller on eBay. Post item numbers here.

23-03-2006
rising star

I saw lots of Kooba bags whilst in NY this past weekend. I brought my black kooba sienna - my chloe tan paddington - and my bordeaux balenciaga first. Definitely go more use out of the kooba. Its the most practical bag certainly. I paid full price for mine in person at Neiman Marcus. Mine has the tan suede (alcantra really) lining and a leather pull as opposed to the metal pull. I called Kooba directly and they told me the lavendar interiors (we are talking sienna's here) as well as the tan interiors are authentic. Also so are both metal and leather inside zipper pulls

23-03-2006
rising star

I didn't think the sienna style ever had the kooba writing in the lining? Maybe some of the very very first ones did? If I were your friend I would call or email kooba - they are very nice. Many many fake Kooba Siennas on ebay.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kooba