How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-07-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Well, I think the key is that the bag is damaged (granted, it was when they sent it too, and they knew it), and even though I consider an additional 10% off inadequate, probably the value has not declined quite that steeply

I've never had to fill out all this paperwork before, I don't know what I'm doing When she sent it to me, there was nothing about agreeing with the valuation, she just sent me steps of what to do with all the forms & I did them.

Yes, I do like it. I generally don't wait for things to go on sale ... I was waiting to see the rest of the fall bags before making up my mind. We'll see ... The beige crinkled lambskin sounds pretty.

11-07-2009
rising star

So did you send the bag back??? I hope everything went smoothly and that you got your refund

I don't usually return things when I buy off online sites(I make sure I love it and it fits by asking questions etc), so I've never noticed if returned goods are under-valued.....although come to think of it, when I did return a few things to Net-a-Porter, the full value was stated in the invoice

The Amalia is the key look for the bags for FW09, it seems like. They're doing so many colors(I've seen purple and dove grey as well as the anthracite I have), so I'm sure you can pick one up later on should you decide to get it Beige crinkled lamb is so gorgeous and chic

I'm getting the metallic bronze Pollison bag from FW08 that my boutique found for me, and I'm seriously going on a bag bag

12-07-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I've returned it, it should have gotten there this past Tuesday ... haven't checked to see if I've got the credit yet. They say within two billing cycles ... how it could legitimately take two is a great mystery to me

Barney's here has a Lanvin Fall accessories window in which the Amalia is featured & looks lovely ... the purple sounds gorgeous

I'm not sure which the Pollison is?

21-07-2009
rising star

So sorry it took me AGES to reply back to this thread!

Oh, they told me the same thing when they said they'll refund 10% back to my CC for the defect. Wonder why....

Well, I don't have the pics, but if I can find the pics online, I'll post it. The first generation Pollison came out in SS08 with lizard handles, and the second and the seemingly last generation came out in the subsequent season. It's a HUGE round bag with gathered top through round metallic rings(like the top of curtains), which are connected to handles. It's pretty hard to explain, and it is sooo different. I adore the shape. It came only in metallics(silver, bronze and gold/silver) and I'm getting the bronze

22-07-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Thanks for the description ... I don't think I've seen it, but I can picture it. I have a bag that's somewhat similarly constructed ... but the handles are woven through the top of the bag, a single circular leather tube.

04-08-2009
Power to the 99%

tooshies, I saw that Barney's has the Amalia in purple satin ... does it also come in purple lambskin?

05-08-2009
rising star

Hummm, I wonder if the one you have is the first generation Pollison from SS08. Does yours have lizard skin handles attached to metallic rings?

Yeeees, the Amalia does come in purple lambskin It's absolutely gorge!!!!
Colette has them

Is that what you're going to get?

05-08-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Maybe I have a few other priorities that come first ...

My bag with the similar construction (maybe) is Kate Spade.

08-08-2009
rising star

Found some mod pics of a girl with the Pollison I'm getting...only that mine is bronze and hers is gold/silver.

Source: goldenmeans.files.wordpress

Last edited by classicalbang; 09-08-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Please do not use clickable URLs as credits
19-10-2009
windowshopping

Lanvin Amalia Quilted Tote - Violet
I ordered the Lanvin Amalia Quilted Tote in Violet lambskin today, couldn't resist after seeing how soft it looks! Would love to hear if anyone else has had this bag for a while -- how is the leather in real life, and how well is the bag holding up with regular use?

Source: Bergdorf Goodman

19-10-2009
rising star

Congrats!!! The Amalia Cabas sure is beautiful, and SUPER light!!!!!!
The leather is soft and lovely to touch, I think you will be pleased

It's lambskin, so it's not the most durable leather out there...I certainly wouldn't recommend putting it down on the floor. I have the original Amalia from SS09, and due to it being lambskin, I'm more careful with it than I am with my other Lanvins(my other Lanvin bags are made out of: calf, deer, and goat).

19-10-2009
windowshopping

Thanks for your comments tooshies! I'm thrilled to hear that the bag is lightweight, I've come to realize the hard way (of course) that heavy bags just don't work for me no matter how great they might look. I try to take care of my bags and don't put them on the floor, but I hope that regular gentle use won't result in major scuffing etc.

May I ask if you have photos of your Amalia posted anywhere?

21-10-2009
raj
front row

I love the Amalia tote....it's a beautiful bag, congrats

03-12-2009
Alluring

I have a question, not sure if it would belong here but... Does anybody know if Alber does the drawings on the Lanvin bags himself? They're signed Alber, so I guess it's his work?

netaporter.com

03-12-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I'd say that's a safe assumption That's a cute one ... I love the knotted ribbon

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
amalia, happy, lanvin, partage, sac