How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-05-2011
Power to the 99%

^ There are certain details in common, but this is one of my favorite handbag lines and I've never seriously considered buying a Chanel bag, so ...

Grosgrain is used extensively in both the handbags and the clothing. I think the spirit of the line is there ...

One thing I find very different from Chanel is the logo situation ... it's generally plastered on all things Chanel, and it's very subtle here. The logo coin is detachable, and otherwise the bags are unlogoed except for the lining. When I had my Happy I kept the coin on ... I find it a beautiful logo, and not once was it recognized.

Btw, my SA at Barneys tells me that they have straightened out their hardware issues. I really like my small Amalia, so I may get the full size ... I would love for them to come out with a Happy I like as much as the one I had originally.

16-06-2012
trendsetter

I got two Amalias from Barneys - the quilted brown lambskin and beige lambskin tote. The intention was to return one of them, since I couldn't decide on which one I liked better and wanted to order one before it got sold out. The brown was on sale for $899 and the beige for $1139. The beige is ever so slightly larger than the brown, but imperceptibly so. I mean, unless one scrutinises it very, very carefully, they both look the same size. I decided to return the beige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post

One thing I find very different from Chanel is the logo situation ... it's generally plastered on all things Chanel, and it's very subtle here. The logo coin is detachable, and otherwise the bags are unlogoed except for the lining. When I had my Happy I kept the coin on ... I find it a beautiful logo, and not once was it recognized.
Oh my god, I HATE logos too. They look downright cheap, IMHO. All those Chanel goods one sees on places like Purseforum with those gaudy interlocked C's embossed in bright gold or just embossed against the bag itself (like the GST) - I find it quite crass. Maybe it's just me, but I buy bags not because I want everyone to know I'm carrying Chanel or a Hermes or a Vuitton, but because the bag itself looks really good and classy and under the radar. Not a status symbol which screams that I can afford it, but something that looks chic and classy and sophisticated. WHich is why I'll never own a Chanel bag, or a Balenciaga (way too heavy and difficult to carry) or a Louis Vuitton (they just don't look all that great for the exorbitant prices).

Off my soapbox now.

Last edited by pavonine; 16-06-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
amalia, happy, lanvin, partage, sac